solzenicyn

Apex Weapon Feedback

SPAR-17: holding it at the magazine looks unnatural, especially when you have silencer on the gun looks pretty "front heavy" so maybe hold it at the front?

• Like 1

Type 115 - What's the actual use of this weapon ?

First of all, from a design perspective, who in his right mind would outfit any team of soldiers by default with an expensive special-purpose weapon like a .50 cal ? This is something you use it rare circumstances. I question the usability of such a weapon. Is it actually modeled after a real-world weapon ?

Secondly, from a technical standpoint: The .50 cal element looks like it's implemented as a grenade launcher muzzle. Which basically means that as soon as you switch to the .50 cal, you can no longer use the bipod, which is pretty nonsensical

If you went to the APEX Page, You would see that its "Lore and purpose" Is to give the Special Forces Rifleman the anti armor/anti material power of a .50, while maintaining a "Light" rifle.

So basically, Its not a Sniper under a rifle, Its like a GL, But not.

If you went to the APEX Page, You would see that its "Lore and purpose" Is to give the Special Forces Rifleman the anti armor/anti material power of a .50, while maintaining a "Light" rifle.

So basically, Its not a Sniper under a rifle, Its like a GL, But not.

Then why the heck isn't there a grenade launcher ? The combination does not make any sense at all, and no lore can explain that.

• Like 3

Eh, it's to make it unique — The 50 behaves fairly differently to a GL (faster, flatter trajectory). Plenty of other rifles already have UGL's. That said, could've been cool to see a GL with programmable (airburst) rounds since some chinese weapons reportedly have this tech.

• Like 1

The .50 can pretty reliably wreck helicopters

Anyone tested car engines? :) Single shot kills in close range?

it doesn't do much against (land) vehicles or infantry, though I think that's a bug.

Most weapons should be capable of that though. Most car engines have been made of aluminium blocks for decades now. It's a very soft material compared to what bullet cores are made of. Most small arms should cut through them like a hot knife through butter.

• Like 1

If the Type 115 uses the actual .50 BeoWulf , then the range of that should be really limited to close range 

Higher damage yes but worse penetration and it shouldn't be effective as .50 BMG

• Like 2

Most weapons should be capable of that though. Most car engines have been made of aluminium blocks for decades now. It's a very soft material compared to what bullet cores are made of. Most small arms should cut through them like a hot knife through butter.

Not really. If you watch in YouTube ex sf guys doing trying to stop moving cars by using 50cals to shoot the engine it doesn't really stop the car. They prefer to shoot the driver and shoot the engine as a fail safe.

Off topic I know but good to know

There's heaps of videos in YouTube that does this test

• Like 1

I was mostly thinking about the gameplay aspect (would be sweet to have something to shoot through walls/cars with :) ). Exact IRL performance of bullets is to some extent irrelevant considering the fictional aspect of Arma 3. :)

.50 BW can now kill Hunter's engine from the front at very close range with 3 shots. And for example hatchback with 1, Prowler 2.

Damage is a tad higher than with GM6 Lynx at the same range.

I think BIS misunderstood what we meant by extending the Spar rifle stocks

guessing by their Tweet - they obviously meant the holding animation 

http://imgur.com/a/MEsSB

This needs to be done on all SPAR16/17 rifles

SPAR17 really needs the Vertical grip , you could take the SPAR16S grip and add to the SPAR17 

like this > http://www.airsoftgi.com/Spotlight/G28/img/top.jpg

also the removing the original LIM-85 bipod was a bad decision

• Like 5

also the removing the original LIM-85 bipod was a bad decision

They haven't removed it, they've just fixed a bug with being able to add other bipods even if they didn't do anything (nor visually).

They haven't removed it, they've just fixed a bug with being able to add other bipods even if they didn't do anything (nor visually).

no? i can see only the Grip pod and that doesn't count as a bipod ...

also why it needs to have that? original model has the bipod already in there , then why not just adding a simple vertgrip ?  :rolleyes:

Oh, that original bipod. Idk. But why shouldn't grip pod count as a bipod? You mean it's not configured to act as one or it shouldn't act as one?

Oh, that original bipod. Idk. But why shouldn't grip pod count as a bipod? You mean it's not configured to act as one or it shouldn't act as one?

Reason is - that Grip pod doesn't really fit with that model at all ,because that Grip pod is from Mk200 LMG which haven't got own bipod and that was a good reason to have that Grip pod

with LIM-85 there was no reason for it , they removed the original bipod because of that stupid Grip pod ...

So please bring back the original bipod , use it and change that grip pod to anything  :wacko:

The M320 LRR.408 Tropic is way too bright and needs to be fixed. If it doesn't get changed, then those snipers will have a bad day ;)

I made an example:

The right is what the tropic M320 currently looks like, to the left is my quick modification (all I did was lower the brightness of the texture). I hope this demonstrates how much the M320 tropic sticks out, and how easy it is to fix it. 

JPKkPEy.png

• Like 6

Marksmen DLC weapons need a jungle Camo version

• Like 2

As others mentioned:

RPG has no zeroing (and/or scopes), rocket flies in a weird way and with very generic sound without any smoke trail from propeller. Animation is also very generic and the grenade magically appears in front - which is OK for launchers with hidden projectile, but as for RPG its extremely odd. It also lack different grenade types (in reality at least 5 different types are used). Take a look at RHS RPG-7. Please improve the versatility and quality of the launcher, such a classic can't be just half-assed.

Marksmen DLC weapons/content didn't get their own camo variant for Tanoa - you can make it so only owners of both - APEX and Marksmen get the content with jungle camo, otherwise it makes Marksmen outdated and lowers interest in obtaining it.

• Like 2

Not to split hairs or anything but some older engines were made of even softer alloys.

The type 1 engine on a VW camper is made of magnesium alloy (so you have to be careful screwing on engine parts or you strip the threads).  It's much lighter than the aluminium type 4 that later campers had.  You can even lift it up yourself and put it in the engine bay.  (don't try that with a type 4)!  xD

My only issue is how the HK416 is held. I'd like to echo others suggesting it be held on the rail or have an AFG or foregrip added.

Also, the AK12 should remain in 7.62,but the magazine model needs to be changed.

Otherwise, the weapons and optics are pretty fantastic. I love the new reload animations too.

• Like 3