solzenicyn

Apex Weapon Feedback

I was waiting for the RPG-7 in the game. But not from mod-makers. From the BIS.

I was hoping to see the good-reload animation for this weapon, because until this day in the any Arma-mod I haven't seen it!

Unfortunatelly, community still does not have good reload animation for RPG-7.

Today on YouTube I saw, that in the Apex was created in an attempt to make a personal reload animation for RPG-7,

but during this reload, the rocket in the hand of the character is missing! After reloading, the rocket just suddenly appears on the tube of the RPG. 

BIS please make finally good and professional reload-animations for RPG-7.

I really hope, that in final version this will be fixed and for the first times, we will be able to see the good and correct reload animation for the RPG-7 in the Arma.

PS: Also from this video I noticed, that at shooting the recoil from most of the new weapons is almost absent!  

This also applies to RPG-7. This is negligible.

I hope in the final version the player will be able to feel the recoil, even if the weapon mounted on a bipods.

• Like 2

Apex Weapon feedback:

Generally happy with everything I've seen.

Beyond what some have already mentioned, I would like to add that I'm personally Incredibly happy for the inclusion of black versions of these guys:

p62R9W5L.jpg

It's something I've been aching for since release! My OCD feels nicely soothed...

... with that in mind, should the art and config dept. feel so inclined to add black counterparts to these original weapons:

TYsBZxqF.jpg

... and these scopes:

AO3Nw6s5.jpg

It would indeed be most excellent!

Some inventory icons could perhaps see some love especially the NVS scope which has the incorrect icon:

jXU73OQl.jpg

And generally the icons from early development attachments seem to have a white pixel line around them.

Many thanks

E

• Like 2

- Type 115 its the more senseless gun in the Arma Universe, two barrels using the same ejection port? Angular magazine? Due to the massive chamber pressure and the relative short barrel the muzzle shot has to be the biggest, loudest and also the recoil should be increased.

not tested myself, but judging from videos, the 115 seems to be a bit overpowered in takign down vtols / helis, due to the relative high rat of fire of the 50.

i'm not a gun expert, but firing such a caliber without enormous recoil should only be possible as a trade-of with less muzzle-energy (clever venting of the gas to reduce recoil but also reducing muzzle speed or something...?)

Not sure whether it was mentioned already, but the rotors disappear infront of water or the horizon.

I think this one is fixed on the current dev Branch actually.

I noticed it yesterday on the Preview branch, haven't seen it when I switched back to dev today after the weapons and vehicles were included.

When you lower weapon (2x Ctr) while movement your character stops.

Addition to that, if your weapon is in lower state, when you raise your weapon when walking it makes character to run for 5-6 steps.

Really HOPING that all weapons recieve some form of Jungle camo before final release. Some of the weapons such as the MK 200 now look extremely out of place in this new setting.

• Like 2

not tested myself, but judging from videos, the 115 seems to be a bit overpowered in takign down vtols / helis, due to the relative high rat of fire of the 50.

i'm not a gun expert, but firing such a caliber without enormous recoil should only be possible as a trade-of with less muzzle-energy (clever venting of the gas to reduce recoil but also reducing muzzle speed or something...?)

yeah true, but needs three shots or more to kill the pilots, something isn't quite right.

about Beowulf cant find a lot of data, but by the size it has a lot of grain to burn, low velocity due to drag. The .50 Beowulf is a high energy three times more than 5.56, you could resolve the recoil ( high velocity gas expansion exit - 3rd newton law) by putting a muzzle brake but without the optimal barrel for the pressure built-in when the bullet its leaving the barrel the grains are still burning.

Basically .50 BW is the shotgun AA-12 that we hadn't it, its perfect for cqb buildings and jungle.

this isn't really to do with the actual apex ones. more the of the Tanoa MX with the yellow green . it's pants. sorry but true.

• Like 1

Super impressed with everything on the whole :P

Aside from a few points already covered in this thread, I feel the woodwork on the RPG is a little jarring - funnily enough, it is authentic! But perhaps a more subtle wood tone would look better? The RPG's wood wraps go from crazy bright red to very earthy colours. Personally, I'm in favour of the latter; just my penny's worth! :D  

• Like 2

Confirmed

True, that hand animation is really distracting , BIS could reuse the AFG grip from MX or just hold the handguard instead of magwell

yeah I wish they'd move the left hand forward.... you're really not supposed to be gripping the magwell and it looks really unbalanced. It looks like your arm should get tired way faster like that.

also general feedback: SPAR-16 sounds too quiet and the minigun on top of the Qilin is barely audible. RPG-7 sound needs a lot of work. LIM-85 needs some gripod functionality.

Overall the Apex weapons sound more quiet than their main game counterparts.

Also the ERCO is off centered on some rifles and you end up shooting to the right of what you're aiming at.

Why, Community still does not have good reload animation for RPG?

Because animations, unlike bananas, don't grow on trees. Feel free to make one and send them to the community mod of your choice.

• Like 9

I'm surprised the khaki texture on MX hasn't been complained about in itself yet like on the feedback/speculation thread -_-

Since BIS have stated in the June 14 dev blog that audio and weapon handling/stats are a work in progress, I'd say we can start to ease up on the feedback for that. As far as bugs go, http://feedback.bistudio.com is your friend. I've already made one about the ERCO alignment and I'll be doing some more on various other bugs in the near future. I encourage everyone to sign up for phabricator and start reportin'!

• Like 1

Bugs, suggestions, and feedback; here we go.

Hope this helps. :P

• Like 10

Kind of disappointed the bolt action rifles still don't have proper animations

• Like 1

I'm surprised the khaki texture on MX hasn't been complained about in itself yet like on the feedback/speculation thread -_-

Completely agree. I have a hard time understanding who would look at the now light green MX and be like "yep, looks good!" :). They even have good green guns from before, like the TRG-21 and Mk14. Oh well...

• Like 1

To be honest , i don't care that much about MX rifles heh , i like the Spar rifles more :P

while i agree some of those reskins are very cheaply made

• Like 5

I want to first of all lay one thing out: I'm very, very glad that this add on takes a step in the direction of diversifying CSAT and NATO from each other. One of the big things that left a bad taste in my mouth about the base game was the fact that everything felt the same. While not everything is different from the other faction's solution to the same problem, it's definitely a lot better than it used to be (like using the same UAV, exact same assault rifle in terms of stats, etc.).

1. The mounting point on the SPAR-16 is way, way too far forward. There's no way that you'd be able to get eye relief on any of the scopes with it being that far forward. Is it aesthetically pleasing for some of the red dots? Yes, but it's not realistic and is extremely ugly for most of the scopes.

2. The AKs have a terrible reload animation. The animation has the player rock in the mag, but when he takes the mag out he just yanks down on it as if his desire is to destroy the magazine's catch so that it can't be used by anyone ever again. I'm not a huge fan of RHS's animations (mostly because Russian soldiers are taught to rack the bolt with their right hand rather than go under with the left hand like Americans), but I think even they're better executed than the official AK animation.

3. The AK-12 has a 5.45 magazine yet it shoots 7.62x39? What gives on that one, Bohemia? I'm also wondering why you guys specifically chose to put it in 7.62x39 as it's quite the inferior cartridge in all aspects. I believe there is a 7.62x39 AK-12 variant, but it's not something that'll likely ever pick up. 

4. Probably won't happen, but can you please make it so that automatic rifles (like the SPAR-16's automatic rifle variant and the MX SW) recognize and use the proper magazine that's in it? Maybe it's just me, but it's pretty visually irking to see a weapon that currently has a 30 round USGI mag loaded with a 200 round Beta C mag or 100 round casket mag in it. 

5. A lot of the weapons from the Marksman pack don't have skins for Apex, is there any reason for that? I hope they're planned, because it would pretty sad to let those weapons go to waste simply because they don't have a fitting skin. 

6. M249 doesn't seem to have a sound for cocking the weapon.

7. I seem to remember that the MGs from the Marksman DLC had an animation for flipping up the feed tray, yet this isn't repeated in Apex? Seems to me like a lot of the stuff that people loved about the Marksman DLC (the better skins, better animations, more attention to detail overall) has been dropped for expedience. I'll be sad if that's truly the case.

@Revo - those bullets really need some special rvmat effect to them because they look so dull

something like on this render - http://dayzmania.ru/wp-content/uploads/2015/11/M249-Para.jpg

AKs doesn't have that , unless you use the special Yugoslavian made AK mags which hold the bolt open

You are right - PM should have only 8 rounds

AK-12 has a bolt hold open, but the other AKs do not as you stated. Also, Croatia makes BHO mags as well, I believe. 

Confirmed

True, that hand animation is really distracting , BIS could reuse the AFG grip from MX or just hold the handguard instead of magwell

I really hope they don't do this. The AFG for the MX looks God awful and is way too massive. I've got one in real life and while it's pretty large, it's not that large. The AFG2 is much smaller and would look much more fitting as well, in my opinion.

The sounds of almost all new weapons feel very off. Especially the AK sounds need some love. I'd assume the current sounds are just placeholders, right?

This. Seriously, this. The awesome sound that we got with the marksman DLC is obviously missing in this latest update and it makes for a horrible contrast.

In regards to the new weapons. Firstly I'm happy to see that the Warhammer 40k, boxed and ridiculously oversized, aesthetic which was adopted for the Marksman DLC has been abandoned. Overall I think the new weapons look well, and the focus on smaller faster calibers will benefit gameplay.  Moving on to commenting some specific weapons. 

My only concern in this regard is that too many HexDigital and MTP variants are made, instead of making camo-variants which still look good, but can be applied across a multitude of situations, scenarios and uniform combinations. A good example of this mode of thinking is the Mk14 (camo). A lot of gameplay potential is potentially lost due to illogical equipment. Likewise, I think it is better to avoid weapons which are too black! They tend to look out of place in the hands of the over

Agreed on the blocky styling. The real life counterpart of the SPMG is much, much more lithe, it's just extremely long. I would've rather seen that extra length than the extra girth, but oh well what's done is done until they decide to revisit it, and that's even if they do. 

I also agree with your opinion on camouflage. I really enjoyed the spray paint camouflage of the M14 from the Marksman DLC. I would've assumed that since this campaign revolves around a SF team we would be seeing more of these as SF teams are more likely to paint their guns in the field than get them cerakoted, but unfortunately we got handed down a bunch of cut and paste color camos. This might change in the future, but as long as it's solidified for now I'm a bit disappointed. I've got no problem with black firearms, but I'll take a well-worn rattle-canned rifle any day. 

The AKM does more damage than the ak-74u. In reality the 7.62x39 has poor ballistics in respect to flesh damage, and excels in penetration. The 5.45 has much better ballistics because of tumbling effect, but is not good for penetrating armor and buildings.

The short barrel of the ak74u should not affect the ballistics to an extent that is meaningful at medium range, yet it takes 2-3 shots on unarmored targets, while the AKM manages 1-2.

The 7.62x39 should do less damage and have a higher armor penetration coefficient, while the 5.45 should be the inverse. I'm not sure how BIS did it in ARMA 2, but i know for RHS that is how the current damage model stands.

Why is the only ak74 variant the ak74u anyway? By this time any army supported by CSAT should at least have AK74 avaliable in decent quantity.

The 7.62x39mm doesn't even have better penetration than 5.45, it's really just an all around worse caliber. Also, it's the AKS-74U (I didn't check, but hell, it's probably even an AKS-74UN), not the AK-74U. There's no such thing as an AK-74U.

The MX rifles have a unrealistic super glossy finish, thus creating issues regarding concealment.

This is a problem that has existed for awhile now, but it continues in apex under the khaki version of the MX rifle.

http://imgur.com/a/82mjf

• Like 3

I think more than ever were missing a search light, one that could be attached to boats, cars ,aircraft and also a static version.

There has been so much improvement in lighting but very little to make use of it.

• Like 2