solzenicyn

Apex Weapon Feedback

Small thing that need to be fixed in the virtual arsenal. Weapons that trigger the muzzle fire animation, it happens when you use the virtual arsenal and select one of the following weapons:

• Type 115 6.5 (Black)
  • Type 115 6.5 (Green Hex)
  • Type 115 6.5 (Hex)

I made a gif about this issue, it might seem that it doesn't always show the fire animation when clicked but that's because my recorder didn't capture the frame it happend:

http://gph.is/1Q0WbI4

Another thing, AK-12 GL sights are partially blocked by the player's thumb in the lower ranges, and the ironsight does not seem to adjust properly for the different eye_ memory points.

• Like 1

What is the reason behind so aggressive LOD1 for weapons? There is big difference between Pilot LOD and LOD 1, for example AKM has 3,6k verts in Pilot LOD and about 1,9k verts in LOD1. I have to say that it's really noticeable in VA. Weapons from Marksman DLC look much better compared to Apex ones :(

They're not binarised? or did you hex edit them to get the vert count?

the ironsight does not seem to adjust properly for the different eye_ memory points.

Well to be fair BIS never actually made the ironsight moving/changing by the zeroing range

I'd like to add my voice to those saying the magwell grip on the SPAR16/17s should be changed. These weapons are for the CTRG, right? Surely they'd have access to VFGs or AFGs.

• Like 3

Don't the red dot GL's work fine? I can't remember, it's been ages since I used them. Either way, it's something that can be fixed.

Don't the red dot GL's work fine? I can't remember, it's been ages since I used them. Either way, it's something that can be fixed.

Yes but the on main rifle sight it is problematic , one of the reasons why BIS never did that

I removed the bug message that I put in the right place (gear post) :mellow: .

Unable to switch to secondary barrel that chambers .50cal for the weapon TYPE 115 when you deploy, as this is being treated like a grenade launcher. Is this on purpose?

When you lower weapon (2x Ctr) while movement your character stops.

Unable to switch to secondary barrel that chambers .50cal for the weapon TYPE 115 when you deploy, as this is being treated like a grenade launcher. Is this on purpose?

Reported here https://feedback.bistudio.com/T117844

Apparently also being worked on, since it is assigned.

• Like 1

The AKM does more damage than the ak-74u. In reality the 7.62x39 has poor ballistics in respect to flesh damage, and excels in penetration. The 5.45 has much better ballistics because of tumbling effect, but is not good for penetrating armor and buildings.

The short barrel of the ak74u should not affect the ballistics to an extent that is meaningful at medium range, yet it takes 2-3 shots on unarmored targets, while the AKM manages 1-2.

The 7.62x39 should do less damage and have a higher armor penetration coefficient, while the 5.45 should be the inverse. I'm not sure how BIS did it in ARMA 2, but i know for RHS that is how the current damage model stands.

Why is the only ak74 variant the ak74u anyway? By this time any army supported by CSAT should at least have AK74 avaliable in decent quantity.

The MX rifles have a unrealistic super glossy finish, thus creating issues regarding concealment.

This is a problem that has existed for awhile now, but it continues in apex under the khaki version of the MX rifle.

http://imgur.com/a/82mjf

• Like 2

All 3d models looks good:

- SPAR17 should have a vertical grip to balance it

- protector 9mm, should be SD version a tribute to the one in OFP and its more aggressive than the PDW version

- Type 115 its the more senseless gun in the Arma Universe, two barrels using the same ejection port? Angular magazine? Due to the massive chamber pressure and the relative short barrel the muzzle shot has to be the biggest, loudest and also the recoil should be increased.

• Like 2

The Optics on the SPAR-16/S/GL is a little bit near to the front = little bit ugly look. Take the SPAR-17 and the optics looks quite better places. Would be nice if you could merge them like the SPAR-17 and center it over the magazine!+

Another Thing, like for the MX, MXC and Katiba and Katiba Carabine, why not a SPAR-16 with the long barrel and one SPAR-16c for a compact version with the short barrel?

Here Screenshot example:

ayg0CLF.jpg

IWjtkGI.jpg

lm9opu3.jpg

AK-12 with 7,62mm, is it possible to implement a lighter 5,45mm version, too?

Since ArmA3-Vanilla the silencer looking so damn ugly like long black dildos. For an example look at the Type 115 silencer. Thats hot and sexy :-)

Don't understand me wrong i like what BIS did with arma3 and the dlc and now the expansion, thats the arguement why i spend over 6000 hours in arma3.

But APEX looks a bit like a 50% not so exactly thought-out solutions/ideas. But this is a development version and i believe there will be many changes/fixes coming due to community feedback. Keep up the great work!

• Like 4

The SPAR-16S has no Sand or Khaki option for suppressors.

SPAR stocks aren't touching the shoulder.

Other critiques:

The .50 (Beowulf?) bit of the Type 115 is remarkably timid for a short barreled .50 rifle. (Low recoil, small muzzle flash, not that loud.)

The CAR-95 has no carbine variant for officers and vehicle crew. (It's got plenty of sticky-outy barrel to cut off.)

Requests:

Change the 5.56 mm and 6.5 mm suppressor to the 6.5mm LMG Suppressor model. It is a much more appropriate size for on 5.56 mm and 6.5 mm rifles, rather than the current behemoth. Even the 8.6mm suppressor is smaller.

Arid Hex and Sand camouflage for LRPS sight.

Different grip on the SPAR-17. The magwell grip to be honest isn't so bad for the SPAR-16 since it's short, but keeping a long heavy rifle like the SPAR-17 steady with it is nigh-on impossible. 

Short barreled SPAR-17. I've always wanted one of those done properly.

• Like 1

The SPAR-16S has no Sand or Khaki option for suppressors.

SPAR stocks aren't touching the shoulder.

Other critiques:

The .50 (Beowulf?) bit of the Type 115 is remarkably timid for a short barreled .50 rifle. (Low recoil, small muzzle flash, not that loud.)

The CAR-95 has no carbine variant for officers and vehicle crew. (It's got plenty of sticky-outy barrel to cut off.)

Requests:

Change the 5.56 mm and 6.5 mm suppressor to the 6.5mm LMG Suppressor model. It is a much more appropriate size for on 5.56 mm and 6.5 mm rifles, rather than the current behemoth. Even the 8.6mm suppressor is smaller.

Arid Hex and Sand camouflage for LRPS sight.

Different grip on the SPAR-17. The magwell grip to be honest isn't so bad for the SPAR-16 since it's short, but keeping a long heavy rifle like the SPAR-17 steady with it is nigh-on impossible. 

Short barreled SPAR-17. I've always wanted one of those done properly.

I would like to second the requests for suppressor changes. The 6.5 LMG suppressor is a much nicer model than the massive tube that is the current standard. For reference this is the suppressor he's talking about:

MTEXDvFl.jpg

• Like 2

The SPAR-16 and the SPAR-16 GL has the same weight, the SPAR-16 in general strikes me as being too heavy compared to the other 5.56 mm's. 

As mentioned earlier, it's held by the magazine for support and the stock is not touching the shoulder, the magpol grip is especially annoying since it's a way of holding the gun that the military doesn't use in real life, so an angled grip or vertical grip would be far more realistic. 

Also, the protector's iron sights are horrible and useless. Same goes for the SPAR weapons, although they resemble the real deal HK 416 sights well. I was delighted though when I first saw the iron sights, but real life iron sights doesn't translate well into the game. With the new thermal options most optical sights will be useless, so to have a useable iron sight for your gun is critical for those operations you'll use thermal vision. 

The LMG SPAR variation cant take regular STANAG mags, you could switch around the 30 and 100 variation for the MX weapons though. Also can you guys drum up a simple Green/jungle version of the AAF sidearm? the ACP-C2, i love that gun.

Am I the only one who hoped for flash suppressors? I really hoped for at least one new type of acc.

• Like 3

Not sure whether it was mentioned already, but the rotors disappear infront of water or the horizon.

zP3hXeh.jpg

• Like 2