solzenicyn

Apex Weapon Feedback

they could use the afg and vfg from their mx

Yeah agree mainly because standard well grip result in bigger recoil then extended as is used more commonly

on competition shooting this days.

Really liking Apex! Here´s some feedback.. :)

- MX rifle khaki-textures might be a bit too light. The MX rifles are actually more visible due to the light green compared to e.g. black. Should probably be closer to the OD like the vanilla M14 (or add tiger stripes or similar darker shades). Probably too late to fix... but still.

- SPAR-16/17 iron back sight texture is a bit pixelated (will add picture asap).

- Can confirm GL sights on AK:s are blocked by hand/hard to use.

- RPG trajectory a bit flat over distance, also FRAG rockets (OG) would be appreciated.

Suggestion:

Could there be a similar thread about uniforms and vehicles also? You would get feedback neat and nicely for each category... :)  Edit: Already done it seems. 

• Like 1

I don't think it is based on real rifle - concept wise yes it can be like OICW , K11 etc

Top rifle is inspired by K&M M17 or something similar

Yeah, but the concept of the OICW and K11 has a secondary airburst grenade launcher... that would have made more sense in such a weapon. And would have been nice if that would have made it into Arma 3 finally after being "cut" from the original game back then

• Like 1

As RH stated, they do if they have a specific magazine fitted that has a small lip on it, even if it's old.

IKR - but I was refering to native bolt-open feature. AK12 has that and older ones need the mags.

• Like 1

In regards to the new weapons. Firstly I'm happy to see that the Warhammer 40k, boxed and ridiculously oversized, aesthetic which was adopted for the Marksman DLC has been abandoned. Overall I think the new weapons look well, and the focus on smaller faster calibers will benefit gameplay.  Moving on to commenting some specific weapons. 

The CAR-95 series of weapons look, sound and feel excellent. In fact I would go so far as to say that I wish it would replace the Katiba in CSAT hands wholesale. I would add that it would be nice if the AR version would show whether or not a regular or drum magazine is loaded on the model. In its shadow stand the similar CMR-76 which feels at present kind of pointless, as in lacking in any special unique character. For sure there are no other  6.5x39mm semi-auto-only rifles yet, but why bother? I ask in other words: "What is its military niche?"

As others have commented the SPAR-16 family of weapons are wonderful in all regards save one, the gun stock fails to connect with the shoulder-- inconsequential for gameplay, but impossible to ignore once seen. SPAR-16 and 17s come in a good number of variants with nice neutral colour toning. By far my favourite weapon in Arma3. 

Which leads us to the LIM-85. While I understand wanting to do something different, the dual-rate of fire feature seems woefully missplaced, and if anything, ripe for criticism. If it must be present, and I do commend the visual indicator in terms of showing rapid or slow full-auto, please set the rapid-full-auto as the default setting. Indeed in a jungle environment it is difficult to see what one would want with slow full-auto in the first place.  Whilst on the subject, further criticism to some of the design decisions must be directed. 

I do not really grok or get the weapon selection offered to the bandit forces. As a unit they are carrying the venerable AKM and AK-12 in 7.62x39, the (in the real world) rare AKS-74U in 5.45x39, and finally the LIM-85/M249 in 5.56x45.  This seems eclectic and aimless. While I fully appreciate that the bandit forces are haphazardly equipped, it doesn't come across as thematically coherent. While there is an interesting contrast between new and old, this would have been much better emphasised by showing both the modern polymer weapons alongside older in-house-modified. Think: Rail interfaces screwed or home welded to receivers. Flashlights and IR sensors taped on. Oldfashioned wood spraypainted. Essentially the AKM home-upgraded to a modern era.  Right now, both it, the AKS-74U, and the RPG-7 simply look out of place. (and not in a good way)

On the subject. Shifting the AK-12 caliber from 5.45 to 7.62 seems woefully arbitrary and unnecessary. The weapon itself sounds good, but suffers from ultra-shiny textures. 

Indeed while speaking of texturing, I am happy to see a good number of variants. My only concern in this regard is that too many HexDigital and MTP variants are made, instead of making camo-variants which still look good, but can be applied across a multitude of situations, scenarios and uniform combinations. A good example of this mode of thinking is the Mk14 (camo). A lot of gameplay potential is potentially lost due to illogical equipment. Likewise, I think it is better to avoid weapons which are too black! They tend to look out of place in the hands of the over-camoed soldiers that carry them. Especially when the black weapons are shiny like the AK-12 (and MX black). A good example of a black weapon which is not black is the SDAR and ASP-1 KIR. 

I greatly appreciate the neutral variants of the different optics. Good job! 

Finally, the less said about the Type 115 the better. 

-k 

• Like 2

1. AK12 magazine is 5.45 model, the icons for the new magazines are 7,62

2. AK12 fireselector is animated only on the left side, not on both sides (seems fine in 3rd person).

True , ingame AK12 uses the same mags as AKM

this could be really easily fixed - by taking the AKM's magazine model and adding it into AK12

then there could be also the 5.45 variant because the full size 5.45 rifle isn't in the game (no AK74) but

there are already a 5.45 mags so why not , it will be more realistic and authentic

plus i think the rvmat settings on the AK12 are rather strong and reflective like a car heh

Many of the new jungle weapons and accessories strings include "khaki" (a dull yellow/brown) while the actual colour of the item is bright green.

I suggest replacing the word Khaki with "jungle", "green" or another similar word that better describes the actual colour of the object.

• Like 1

AK 12 seems to fire faster in burst fire mode. Is this a feature or a bug?

AK 12 seems to fire faster in burst fire mode. Is this a feature or a bug?

feature - 600 (full auto) or 1000 (3-round burst) rounds/min

The Type 115 .50 round seems really weak at hit = 8 putting it at the same level as a 5.56 round in damage.

There's indirect damage too but it seems really unreliable and destroying (civilian) car tires can take anywhere from one to 4 rounds.

Weapons Sounds

The Type 115 sounds = Good

Protector 9mm Suppressed = Not Good (sounds too loud suppressed as well as sounding like a 5.56 rifle when suppressed)

Ak-12 Sup/Non-Sup = Ok

CMR-76 = Best sounding in the game

AK-74u = Good

CAR-95 = Good

Lim-85 = BAD (Sound used for a different 7.62 weapon, thus and does NOT sound fitting of a 5.56 LMG)

Spar-16 = BAD (sounds... almost muted? It sounds like i'm shooting out of  hollow Bamboo gun, the best way i can describe it, not like an assault rifle)

Spar-17 = Not that good (sounds too like hollow bamboo gun, but not as much as the Spar-16)

PM-9 = Same as other 9mm's, can't really complain about this one.

RPG-7 = Good.

feedback != request

I have to agree though, the SPAR hand anims look weird, especially with the long-barrelled SPAR-17. A foregrip/AFG and hand on the grip would look better, I am generally not a fan of the hand-at-magazine-well holding, it looks way too top-heavy (especially for the 17). And since this is about feedback, I don't think it is unreasonable to point out :)

• Like 2

Why are "khaki" colors on the MX's + Bipod, darker then the Khaki on the NATO APEX weapons, it looks really weird having a dark khaki bipod on a light khaki SPAR, please switch all the dark Khaki to the lighter khaki as that looms way better

Lim-85 - Bipods are attachable to the weapon, even though they aren't shown on the model. Due to the presence of the gripod, I imagine this is a bug.

Lim-85 has its own bipod so there shouldn't be any other bipod and the gripod is really out of place there

it needs some simple vertgrip instead and use the bipod that is on the weapon

The M249's grippod is always extended even when not using the bipod, and Arsenal lets you put different bipods but none of them appear on it.

What is the reason behind so aggressive LOD1 for weapons? There is big difference between Pilot LOD and LOD 1, for example AKM has 3,6k verts in Pilot LOD and about 1,9k verts in LOD1. I have to say that it's really noticeable in VA. Weapons from Marksman DLC look much better compared to Apex ones :(

Except in game it carries 16 rounds and clearly has the beveled slide. So it could go either way.

Actually it is PM > http://i.imgur.com/o5urTIP.jpg- see how thin it is? , it is the 8 round single stack magazine

and this is the PMM > http://content.foto.mail.ru/mail/photoshooter/2296/s-2318.jpg(the Fat one obviously)

Regardless of the mag thickness, the one in Apex has an angular slide, so it appears much more like a PMM than a PM

https://arma3.com/assets/img/apex/weapons/PM9_mm.jpg(Apex "PM")

http://content.foto.mail.ru/mail/photoshooter/26/i-54.jpg(PMM)

http://content.foto.mail.ru/mail/photoshooter/2/i-15.jpg(PM)

Yea only problem the A3 one isn't the double stack magazine like the PMM is :P

it seems like modernized PM just like PMM but just single stack like the old PM