Apex Vehicles Feedback

http://imgur.com/a/Kqsp7

Game: Arma 3
Version: 1.63
Build: 137841
Branch: Development
Mods enabled: true
Operating System: Windows

Furthermore, the Neophron plane all air vehicles are missing the Green Hex camo.

• Like 2

BI, you broke the reload action to change magazines on vehicles (maybe also for handweapons, havent checked). Slammer can't load HE before emptying all AP rounds.

Please fix asap.

• Like 2

I'm a bit disappointed that almost two weeks after release, the MQ-12 Falcon still has configuration issues that would only take a few minutes to fix but really screw up the vehicle as it is.

• The driver/pilot camera is zoomed in way too much by default. I really don't understand this one, because all the other UAVs with identical pilot cameras have no zoom applied and have been working perfectly for years now.
  • The pilot camera still has no HUD with an aiming reticle for the unguided DAR rockets, which makes them pretty useless when flying it in first person. Why bother having them in the first place if you can't aim properly (only in 3rd person)?

Also the Autonomous and Waypoint system for the Falcon is BROKEN..You cannot set waypoints and altitude without the Falcon going in circles just like the Quadcopter does...They just copied and pasted the same exact code from the quad copter to the Falcon...Also the HE/DAR rockets for the Falcon are worthless as there is noway to even use them whenever your a pilot because there noway to AIM..The Falcon can be a great weapon but as of right now well its kind of useless IMHO...

• Like 1

BI, you broke the reload action to change magazines on vehicles (maybe also for handweapons, havent checked). Slammer can't load HE before emptying all AP rounds.

Please fix asap.

I don't have this problem as I can load HE rounds or AP rounds in either Slammer or any other tank...

Is it just me, or did anyone else notice that the Xian VTOL is really buggy? Not only does it have the same lead compensation problem as Blackfish, it also started acting in a really weird way when I tried using it on Chernarus (from CUP). It seemed to kind-of try to land (without ever actually landing, though) on the shore right when it reached it, as opposed to following its waypoints. I know, mods and all that, but I don't know this behavior can't be triggered somewhere on Altis or Tanoa (I don't own the latter, so I can't check). Either way, VTOL AI is desperately in need of an overhaul. 

I don't have this problem as I can load HE rounds or AP rounds in either Slammer or any other tank...

Are you even on devbranch?

20160810032101_1kajg2.jpg

I can confirm that bug. No way to reload another kind of ammo in a vehicle. Tested on Blackfish and Slammer, latest dev.

I've been wondering, how much work would be needed to port the ability to taxi from the AFM to the arcade flight model, since it's probably not as easy as it sounds or it would have been done already. I'm guessing the fact that the AFM allows functional rotor tilting and not the arcade might be one the issues...

RHIB boat should be slower

The speedboats with big twin outboard motors are slower than these things with tiny motor.

I am guessing the speed is for game design reasons due to the RHIB being the primary water transport vessel currently, if this is the case I suppose its acceptable.

Are there any plans on making the Falcon drone useful? There are several issues:

- The drone seems to be unable to execute waypoints properly (It just circles for me)

- The pilot view has no crosshair, making it very hard to fire those DAR rockets precisely

- The pilot has to use manual fire to fire the rockets

- Only the ATGM rockets should be fireable from the gunner position, the DAR rockets unguided

- While flying foward, the drone always wants to slow itself down, it seems to be very rear heavy, which makes it a pain in the arse to fly serveral kilometers

- The drone seems to have nearly no fuel usage, at least way less than the other drones.

Overall I think it would make much more sense to give the drone only guided missiles, which can then be fired from the gunner position. Switching back and forth between driver and gunner is annoying and only shows how the whole UAV feature lacks a "multiplayer" mode.

• Like 3

The X44 armed still needs to learn how to use its weapons properly! i set up a loiter wp and it circles and every so often attacks infantry (Works better when i hop in co pilot seat and spot some targets for it) but as soon as it spots a vehicle of some sort it instantly goes into an aircraft attack profile and swoops its tatgets head on, never getting in a position to fire its weapons. It should automatically gain altitude and bring its weapons into play and not just swoop and get shot out of the sky.

Set its AI mode to "careless" to avoid automatic switching into combat mode. Armed Blackfish pretty much requires doing that. It prevents it from switching modes, which will make it keep loitering.

That said, last time I checked, it didn't know how to fire its howitzer, thus only the autocannon would fire (and when it's out of AP rounds, it'd stop being able to hit anything with HE). 

Careless mode makes it useless it totally ignores enemies, besides that still doesn't change the fact that it flies in the wrong attack profile. This aircraft should not drop altitude and swoop at its targets ever. The AI should have a basic understanding on how to bring weapons on target. I can get it working pretty good using all its weapons, just vehicles bug the AI out and it thinks it has forward firing weapons.

The 105mm cannon in the blackfish gunship is not nearly as powerful as it sounds, it's explosion is tiny and it doesn't effect people through walls like a cannon on a tank. Also the new helicopter drone is crap because once you give it an order in the terminal menu it will fly towards it and then begin to fly in circles along a random point.

Careless mode makes it useless it totally ignores enemies, besides that still doesn't change the fact that it flies in the wrong attack profile. This aircraft should not drop altitude and swoop at its targets ever. The AI should have a basic understanding on how to bring weapons on target. I can get it working pretty good using all its weapons, just vehicles bug the AI out and it thinks it has forward firing weapons.

Of course it ignores enemies, that's why it won't fly out to engage them. The gunners fire their weapons just fine (well, minus the cannon issue). Aircraft like that generally don't engage a specific target, but suppress a given area they loiter around.

The illumination of the Jeep's instruments doesn't work properly. As you can see in this image, I'm driving about 30 KPH at ~4.500 RPM. Yet, the red pointers in the instrument board are both on zero. Seen on current stable.

20160826150750_19yjy7.jpg

Image in full size: https://abload.de/img/20160826150750_1wljx0.jpg

The illumination of the Jeep's instruments doesn't work properly. As you can see in this image, I'm driving about 30 KPH at ~4.500 RPM. Yet, the red pointers in the instrument board are both on zero. Seen on current stable.

(pic removed)

Image in full size: https://abload.de/img/20160826150750_1wljx0.jpg

It seems to me like You are on the main branch of the game. I was not able to reproduce it on Dev-Branch of the game as it should have been fixed some time ago even according to the changelog :icon_twisted:

Yes, correct I was on the main branch. Wasn't sure if this had been addressed on Dev already so I thought it couldn't hurt to drop a post. And there seems to be no dedicated thread for Apex vehicles on the main branch.^^

Yes, correct I was on the main branch. Wasn't sure if this had been addressed on Dev already so I thought it couldn't hurt to drop a post. And there seems to be no dedicated thread for Apex vehicles on the main branch.^^

Definitely a good choice, dropping feedback is always beneficial, thanks a lot! I was just a bit confused that there might have been something more broken that I have missed during fixing the initial issue :icon_twisted:

The resolution LODs of the Prowler are not quite right. From a relatively short distance, the roll cage and gun on the vehicle become invisible.

• Like 1

Would it be too much to give the NATO vehicles a retexture appropriate for Tanoa? The khaki is fine on Altis, but here it sticks out rather sorely. Just a flat olive drab or something would do.

• Like 2

Would it be too much to give the NATO vehicles a retexture appropriate for Tanoa? The khaki is fine on Altis, but here it sticks out rather sorely. Just a flat olive drab or something would do.

+1 as long as we don't get the same ugly green the MX weapons have.

• Like 3

The Caeser BTT needs to be tweaked.  It is very very difficult to slow down forcing you to fly a very shallow descent angle if you want to have any chance at making a decent landing.  

Would it be possible to add variations of the Y-32 in a future update? I have been brainstorming a few configurations for it:

- A Taru-like variant that can attach and detach pods from the rear with the same pod types that the Taru has, plus a pod that can be used as a bomb bay.

- A light strike/anti-air/scouting variant that ditches the rear passenger section altogether so it has a sleeker profile and more maneuverability

- An anti-tank/ground suppression variant that also loses the rear passenger section, but has a single seat, extended pylons for more hard-points, and a fixed cannon like the A-10

Thanks for reading and I look forward to feedback on my feedback =)

• Like 1

The ejection point for empty bullets is incorrect in first person mode for the Prowler commander position. See video.

Ticket: https://feedback.bistudio.com/T120210

Launcher version: 1.5.138298

Game version: 1.65.138285

Branch: development

• Like 1