solzenicyn

Apex Vehicles Feedback

V44 isn't a chopper, only in heli config( vertical thrust) it can lift stuffs. One solution is the heli V44 version but isnt needed, we have three major lifters.

Another chance for planes it is skyhook version...

Still no dice on the V-44 gunship. The loiter waypoint is broken now too: if it spots enemies, the gunship will start to do slow, low level strafing runs instead of orbiting the target.

Loiter Waypoints need a fix/some attention.

V-44 needs stabilized sights like UAVs, not like a tank, please.

• Like 1

It's too bad asking for a landing craft when they released the vehicle list wouldn't of changed much, would of been nice to have a way to transport the really heavy vehicles across the islands.

Tweaked: AI should now be less prone to crash the VTOLs while piloting them

Given that I've a really poor sense of humour, I guess I missed the joke...

VTOLs controlled by the AI crash before even trying to get airborne, and that's in the airport...

Go to Eden, spawn one of the Blackfishes in the Tuvanaka airfield and give him a way-point 500 m in front of it (towards South-West)...

The AI will inexplicably incline the aircraft to the right, trying to reach North, crash and explode... (That happens 40% of the times, 50% it gets damage from the maneuver and 10% it simply flies north).

On the other hand, don't you dare to use the way-point land or unload cargo anywhere, as it will definitely crash.

That's all with the last RC...

when i get in the new RHIB my glasses disappear i thought it was a mod thing but i noticed the driver is rather clean also no back pack

i was using the ewk sigs mod because a boat captain needs a smoke once in a while but that visual is deleted. even glasses.

i imagine that you would remove the backpack for estatics since it is kinda stupid standing there driving that boat on waves with a loaded backpack on, but no glasses is some what strange, would not like to get salt water splashing in my eyes.

still have to check without mods, but i dare to guess it is not mod related. (it is mod related !)

*edit

okay i just tried to make sure, the glasses do stay in vanilla, so it is mod related ?

maybe a conflict with twp and ewk sigs.

its a conflict related to the mods, sorry

What mistyronin said is exactly what I'm experiencing aswell.

Can't use the blackfish for anything AI related.

Use them as CAS? Forget it, they just dive towards their assigned targets way out of the firing arc of their onboard weapons.

By the time it takes a blackfish to explode into nearby hills the blackfoot has already finished his job.

Land on terrain? Fireballs are almost always the result.

Had exactly 2 encounters of a properly landed AI blackfish out in the open.

They also seem to take off too early without the engines being spooled up all the way, resulting in some more fireballs.

It's a nice asset for player only use, but for AI? Forget it.

Cheers

It's a nice asset for player only use, but for AI? Forget it.

Cheers

Even for player it's a nightmare to use. You can not lock the camera (like the uav one does).

It's release day and i'm still wondering. Will NATO get a suiting vehicle camo for the Pacific?

Given that I've a really poor sense of humour, I guess I missed the joke...

VTOLs controlled by the AI crash before even trying to get airborne, and that's in the airport...

Go to Eden, spawn one of the Blackfishes in the Tuvanaka airfield and give him a way-point 500 m in front of it (towards South-West)...

The AI will inexplicably incline the aircraft to the right, trying to reach North, crash and explode... (That happens 40% of the times, 50% it gets damage from the maneuver and 10% it simply flies north).

On the other hand, don't you dare to use the way-point land or unload cargo anywhere, as it will definitely crash.

That's all with the last RC...

This - the turning while taking off - has already been fixed in dev-branch. However it will make into the Stable game release only with the next patch (1.64)

As for AI crashing the plane during a VTOL in a terrain - it should be better, but we're aware it's far from fixed. For now, if you're creating a mission with VTOL airplane, I'd suggest double checking every land or unload waypoint if the AI will be able to make it on the given location. We're sorry about the problems.

One more thing - accelerated time is best avoided. Any AI in general is not guaranteed to work 100% when accelerated time is used (generally, not only VTOLs, however airplanes seem to suffer the most).

• Like 1

Any chance of getting the AI plane landing on tanoa fixed?

The A-164 is unable to do the turn to the runway during takeoff, resulting in the plane going off runway, doing a right turn like seen on the pictures.

http://imgur.com/a/zNG76

After touchdown A-164 pilots taxi over the grass, getting stuck 9 out of 10 times in a trench at [7039.91,7271.68,0.00516444].

3Khw2FS.jpg

The Neophron simply turns into a fireball upon touchdown.

The Caesar comes in way too high during the landing approach, touching down at the last quarter of the runway.

The Buzzard also taxis through the grass taking a shortcut to the taxiway.

Didn't bother to test the other airstrips...

Cheers

This - the turning while taking off - has already been fixed in dev-branch. However it will make into the Stable game release only with the next patch (1.64)

As for AI crashing the plane during a VTOL in a terrain - it should be better, but we're aware it's far from fixed. For now, if you're creating a mission with VTOL airplane, I'd suggest double checking every land or unload waypoint if the AI will be able to make it on the given location. We're sorry about the problems.

One more thing - accelerated time is best avoided. Any AI in general is not guaranteed to work 100% when accelerated time is used (generally, not only VTOLs, however airplanes seem to suffer the most).

Thanks for acknowledging the issue. Is there a scripting command to force the VTOL into helicopter mode? It could be a possible workaround in some cases. Forcing it into helo mode could make it approach like a helicopter (which, from my experience, don't have the same problems).

• Like 1

The A-164 is unable to do the turn to the runway during takeoff, resulting in the plane going off runway, doing a right turn like seen on the pictures.

Could you please check if you have the latest dev or RC (1.62.137464) data? This is what I get

Fcdo763.gif

(not perfect, Wipeout needs its turning radius tweaked, but it should be able to take off without going offroad :))

After touchdown A-164 pilots taxi over the grass, getting stuck 9 out of 10 times in a trench at...

...The Buzzard also taxis through the grass taking a shortcut to the taxiway.

The AI takes improper shortcuts if it finds a taxiway node closer than the taxiway entry.

The Neophron simply turns into a fireball upon touchdown.

It does have troubles to align with the runway and makes late adjustments. Often it only damages the airplane. However I was eventually able to reproduce the crash as well.

The Caesar comes in way too high during the landing approach, touching down at the last quarter of the runway.

Will be tweaked for next patch. So far it should at least land safely :)

Thanks a lot for all these reports!

How are you getting the AI to land and take-off on their own?

Could you please check if you have the latest dev or RC (1.62.137464) data? This is what I get

Fcdo763.gif
(not perfect, Wipeout needs its turning radius tweaked, but it should be able to take off without going offroad :))

The AI takes improper shortcuts if it finds a taxiway node closer than the taxiway entry.

It does have troubles to align with the runway and makes late adjustments. Often it only damages the airplane. However I was eventually able to reproduce the crash as well.

Will be tweaked for next patch. So far it should at least land safely :)

Thanks a lot for all these reports!

How are you getting the AI to land and take-off on their own?

Follow me in there:

I'm running the latest sneak preview, 1.62.137464.

Cheers

I love Arma, but this is ridiculous. I thought this was just on the Dev Branch, but now Apex is released and NATO still has no vehicle camo suitable for the Pacific theater  :(

SuSo4Gg.jpg

Tried the candy and it didn't work out. I have searched this before and tried suggestions in related threads. The planes usually crash on landing.

Thanks

Follow me in there:

I'm running the latest sneak preview, 1.62.137464.

Cheers

2 questions:

- Isn't the Y-32 Xi'an a VTOL? Cause it can't vertically takes off. It needs space to roll before it can take off. Same for the V-44 X Blackfish VTOL.

- How to have the V-44 X Blackfish VTOL loiter around an area so that we can bring the rain? With the loiter WP, it circles on the right side whereas the guns are on the left side.

Double click the loiter way point to open attributes. There you can choose which way it should circle, loiter hight and radius.

I love Arma, but this is ridiculous. I thought this was just on the Dev Branch, but now Apex is released and NATO still has no vehicle camo suitable for the Pacific theater  :(

I believe they're working on them. 

2 questions:

- Isn't the Y-32 Xi'an a VTOL? Cause it can't vertically takes off. It needs space to roll before it can take off. Same for the V-44 X Blackfish VTOL.

- How to have the V-44 X Blackfish VTOL loiter around an area so that we can bring the rain? With the loiter WP, it circles on the right side whereas the guns are on the left side.

-Turn vectoring off, this will stop the tilt props from rotating angle. Just like you turn auto hover on and off

-The loiter waypoint for the Blackish is somewhat broken atm

I've been able to keep the Blackfish in a stable pylon turn with relatively little difficulty.

Spawn it in at 1000m or higher, (limiting the speed is a personal preference, I find it easier to aim when you're flying slower) and give it a loiter waypoint with the following settings: http://i.imgur.com/TYPNVXs.png?1

Ends up with a nice orbit as can be seen here: https://youtu.be/OmUF0Pr3sAc

Now all that needs to be done is stabilizing the gunner cameras and making all the weapons available from one station.

A question about sling loading for the V-44, is there any chance that this feature will be added in the future? I really miss it :(.

A question about sling loading for the V-44, is there any chance that this feature will be added in the future? I really miss it :(.

I think the plane Physx class, the one the VTOL use, can't handle sling loading.