solzenicyn

Apex Vehicles Feedback

All the new and updated Vehicles with a gazillion of Turrets and FFV positions are great. Except it spams the action menu and makes it ATROCIOUS to use.

Please give us a Vehicle menu dialog where we can see and select the positions based on images, instead of scrolling through 6+ "Passenger (Whatever)" Positions + Drivers, Gunners, etc. This dialog only needs to pop up when entering/changing positions of course. A permanent display on the side (like Planetside2 for example) could be usefull when tied to difficulty - might help new players on easy/regular default difficulty.

https://feedback.bistudio.com/T118960

2016-06-302crk63.png2016-06-3023_01_10-yoatjix.png

• Like 1

V-44 Blackfish has broken system alert warning. I can't tell you how many times i've been shot down with out a single notice. Even after taking hits, flaring, and then still getting whacked by AA in the gunship. It's game breaking when you can't effectively deploy counter measures. 

All the new and updated Vehicles with a gazillion of Turrets and FFV positions are great. Except it spams the action menu and makes it ATROCIOUS to use.

Please give us a Vehicle menu dialog where we can see and select the positions based on images, instead of scrolling through 6+ "Passenger (Whatever)" Positions + Drivers, Gunners, etc. This dialog only needs to pop up when entering/changing positions of course. A permanent display on the side (like Planetside2 for example) could be usefull when tied to difficulty - might help new players on easy/regular default difficulty.

https://feedback.bistudio.com/T118960

2016-06-302crk63.png2016-06-3023_01_10-yoatjix.png

Also, #killthescrollmenu, #bringbackTKOHinteraction

• Like 2

A fairly ancient game Joint Ops had probably one of the best vehicle seating HUDs ever put on pixels...

proximity visual indicators when looking at a certain seat and Shift + number to switch seats. and that was a fairly budget title released wopping 11 years ago!

http://static1.gamespot.com/uploads/scale_super/gamespot/images/2004/reviews/579422-917867_20040618_003.jpg

By the way. I think the texture quality between new and old vehicles is sometimes quite harsh. I mean, if I look at the Quilin and compare it to the Ifrit... the textures on the wheels alone are like a new generation. Also I think the CSAT camo looks much better / way more natural on the Quilin than on the Ifrit or Kamysh or any other CSAT vehicle. This really makes me wish for a texture overhaul on the old vehicles. :/

/edit: Also the Quilin texture is a tad darker compared to the "vanilla" vehicles. Placing them next to each other makes the Quilin stand out.

• Like 3

Not sure if this is intentional, but there's no way to turn off collision lights in UAVs. Noticed when I tried out the Fenghuang. Strangely, it seems they're off if the player's in command of the UAV. Tried all the relevant commands, as well as behaviour modes.

^ yes this has been a very old issue that BIS never gets around to fixing.

it really makes moot the point of using [relatively] small and quiet uavs!

Not sure if this is intentional, but there's no way to turn off collision lights in UAVs. Noticed when I tried out the Fenghuang. Strangely, it seems they're off if the player's in command of the UAV. Tried all the relevant commands, as well as behaviour modes.

Speaking of which, the SDV has an option to turn on (non-existent) position lights. Also, it would be good if the lights could be turned on by day when you go deep, otherwise you can't see anything.

• Like 3

Aside from the UAV collision lights needing to have an option to turn them off for realistic UAV recon I would love to see more elevation options on the UAV waypoint settings. As the 500 meter height is a bit to low and the AI spot the UAV and fire on it then it jumps to 2000 meters which if you have your view distance not set super high you cant see anything. Would be great if we can have option to set flying height in 50 meter increments. 

• Like 4

Aside from the UAV collision lights needing to have an option to turn them off for realistic UAV recon I would love to see more elevation options on the UAV waypoint settings. As the 500 meter height is a bit to low and the AI spot the UAV and fire on it then it jumps to 2000 meters which if you have your view distance not set super high you cant see anything. Would be great if we can have option to set flying height in 50 meter increments. 

On a side note with all this water why don't we have any Navy assets? Even one decent size ship to at least land a chopper on and dock a SDV or 2 as well.

a ship is a lot of work to model/rig/etc.

the gear and vehicles we are getting in apex are already lacking in polish as they are, any effort that can be spared will go into those first.

"yes but modders have made all that in less time" you might say.

lets not kid ourselves here, modder work is amateur quality where some things might be good but other aspects are poorly done. it okay because its free, but bis content is professional work, and it costs money because it requires a certain level of quality and consistency in every aspect. this costs a certain amount of time to do and time is not something you can simply throw money around for.

so yes absolutely it would be nice to have naval assets but stepping back we see some expectations are unreasonable.

a ship is a lot of work to model/rig/etc.

the gear and vehicles we are getting in apex are already lacking in polish as they are, any effort that can be spared will go into those first.

"yes but modders have made all that in less time" you might say.

lets not kid ourselves here, modder work is amateur quality where some things might be good but other aspects are poorly done. it okay because its free, but bis content is professional work, and it costs money because it requires a certain level of quality and consistency in every aspect. this costs a certain amount of time to do and time is not something you can simply throw money around for.

so yes absolutely it would be nice to have naval assets but stepping back we see some expectations are unreasonable.

BIS will fine tune everything with Apex in time it's a new release. And no I wouldn't just throw out that the modding community have made mods like the Nimitz Etc as a comparison to official units released by BIS. But that's what I'm saying I have been playing the Arma series since Operation Flashpoint came in the huge PC box they have made exceptional progress and in the near future it would be awesome to see a working official BIS made Navy added into Arma it only makes sense to progress the leaps made with the water now being fully utilized. 

• Like 1

On the new Jeeps, the front passenger can turn out along with the back passenger. If you're not careful, the back passenger can cap the front passenger in the head.

If possible, can this be changed so that the front passenger shoots from the sitting position similar to the Halo Warthog passenger? Or stands slightly leaned over the top rather than full extension? That way maximum firepower is achieved with no threat of friendly fire.

Also on the Prowler/Qlin, can it be made to also fire forward out of some of the front passenger seats rather than simply out the side?

The lights of the new police car that blink when you use them dont have light at all. They only have an animation.

This is still an issue, any chance ambient light from the beacons will be added?

the griffon design on the xian vtol is pretty out of place, not just culturally but also aesthetically.

if you want a design, you should distinguish it against the camo with a border/background, otherwise don't have a design at all.

as an aircraft roundel, the use of a black hex with white border is also questionable, not the least because of csat's infatuation with hex camo pattern.

i honestly think the best thing to do would be to use solid tones for csat aircraft, then the roundel design can be low-visibility yet still clearly discerned.

the roundel design itself could use distinguishing elements like being flanked by bars (as the plaaf adds to their stars) or throwing in more thematic colors for contrast, like replacing the white border with a red one.

There is a piece of the vehicle on the BLUFOR LSV that should be hidden when the rear roll cage is hidden:

407f9ab884aa119ae8d38ab5fade331c.png

It appears to be a self support beam without the rest of the roll cage - could be hidden or folded away to make more sense.

the griffon design on the xian vtol is pretty out of place, not just culturally but also aesthetically.

if you want a design, you should distinguish it against the camo with a border/background, otherwise don't have a design at all.

as an aircraft roundel, the use of a black hex with white border is also questionable, not the least because of csat's infatuation with hex camo pattern.

i honestly think the best thing to do would be to use solid tones for csat aircraft, then the roundel design can be low-visibility yet still clearly discerned.

the roundel design itself could use distinguishing elements like being flanked by bars (as the plaaf adds to their stars) or throwing in more thematic colors for contrast, like replacing the white border with a red one.

gotcha gotcha, you want black paint  nRyMl54.jpg

Long weapons glitch through the the vehicle.

MvJAhrk.jpg

• Like 1

By the way. I think the texture quality between new and old vehicles is sometimes quite harsh. I mean, if I look at the Quilin and compare it to the Ifrit... the textures on the wheels alone are like a new generation. Also I think the CSAT camo looks much better / way more natural on the Quilin than on the Ifrit or Kamysh or any other CSAT vehicle. This really makes me wish for a texture overhaul on the old vehicles. :/

/edit: Also the Quilin texture is a tad darker compared to the "vanilla" vehicles. Placing them next to each other makes the Quilin stand out.

Well the original vehicles are three years old, thats a long time for something like this.   In some cases a texture overhaul isn't going to change much, I'm willing to bet those fancy tires and rims have more UV space than the ones of the Ifrit, if thats the case then theres no way the ifrit can match it.

VTOLs don't support slingloading?

Would be good if VTOL_base_F inherited the slingload config attributes even if they don't slingload today.

osprey4_960.jpg

• Like 1

Considering the V44 Blackfish does have a sling load hook on the bottom, I'm surprised it isn't supported. 

• Like 1

VTOLs don't support slingloading?

Correct, it's supported only by the helicopter simulation. (VTOLs are airplane sim.)
  • Like 1

Correct, it's supported only by the helicopter simulation. (VTOLs are airplane sim.)

Disappoint. :(

• Like 1