solzenicyn

Apex Vehicles Feedback

For the sake of those who love to retexture things:
Could you guys please release the PSDs for the new vehicles as samples?

• Like 3

For the sake of those who love to retexture things:

Could you guys please release the PSDs for the new vehicles as samples?

We are considering it, don't be afraid. Artists are now fully in bughunting mode, we hope to release the texture samples for both vehicles and weapons later, when it is calmer :icon_twisted:

• Like 9

I might be wrong but gun sights should be from the pod on the nose of the VTOL rather then above the gun ideally.

https://youtu.be/1cfCZ3y4M0E?t=4m13s

True , main reason is the when gun fires the muzzle flash can blind the camera , so they use side camera to aim those weapons without any problems

• Like 1

We are considering it, don't be afraid. Artists are now fully in bughunting mode, we hope to release the texture samples for both vehicles and weapons later, when it is calmer :icon_twisted:

Thank you very much, you don't believe what that means to us ;)

• Like 1

Would it be possible to have the weapons on the blackfish correct for movement? Right now as a gunner you need to use kentucky windage to hit anything accurately on the move. The aiming and stabilization system should account for this better.

First Screenshot:

The model looks incredible ugly.

Second Screenshot:

The movement range should be improved.

First thing I saw when using the Blackfish. This is not practical and pretty.

Whenever I put down a Syndikat 4WD, it takes a long time for the mission to load. Doesn't happen with the civilian version.

Whenever I put down a Syndikat 4WD, it takes a long time for the mission to load. Doesn't happen with the civilian version.

I haven't epxerienced that, have you placed it with AI in it or only the empty car?

I've tried setting up a simple mission with an AI-controlled Blackfish and the player as a gunner. I'm sorry to say, latest improvements or not, I'm unable to hit the broadside of a barn. The VTOL flies at 330km/h, circling the target in a 2000m radius and at 500m altitude (rangefinder reads 2100m). Zeroing compensates for the distance, but not for speed... The result is, the rounds go nowhere near where you're aiming. Also, I don't know how this is supposed to work, but I have to constantly move my gun around to keep it in the general vicinity of my aiming point. If I don't, it slowly moves in the VTOL's direction of travel. 

BTW, does anyone has any tips for setting up a pylon turn with the AI Blackfish? 2000/500 doesn't work all that well and is at the edge of my view distance setting. Also, to get it to keep the altitude I had to spawn it at 500m in first place. How can I force it to climb to that height (offsetting a waypoint upwards to that height doesn't seem to do it)? 

• Like 1

flyInHeight should help keep altitude.  I noticed the speed offset thing too.  Had three full groups below me I was shooting at with the Gatling.  Emptied half my rounds and killed a total of 1 guy.

Setting speed to "limited" helps (it's still bad, but it helps). Now, if I only had a way to keep the pilot from "engaging" the enemy (read: flying straight at them)... Indeed, IMO, Blackfish on an "attack" waypoint should just figure out the best pylon turn distance and fly around it at that. This would've been easiest on both the mission makers and the players, as you could order the thing to attack without worrying which "loiter" settings (assuming a player can order it to loiter in first place) will produce a sensible attack pattern. It's simple math assuming the bank angle is known, but if it isn't, it's basically trial and error.

Good to know about flyInHeight, works perfectly. You'd think it'd be in waypoint properties somewhere, though (I'll have to look at how to change this value per waypoint)...

Saw someone mention this the other day and i saw the same thing.  Less than a second to load from Editor to World without one on the map.  Add one in and the transition took 10 seconds to load the world.  The one I was testing with was manned.

In 1.63.136975 build these issues are still here :

LSV :

both :

Handgun glitches through holster as driver

Qilin

There is too much sound attenuation, in first person you barely hear the engine working, as gunner you can notice the issue immediately with the .50 machingun.

Hand controllers are not animated as they are in Ifrit (e.g. when switching from froward to backward)

Issues related to sounds in prowler are fixed

Haven't seen this posted yet: MB 4WD front passenger can switch to drivers seat, but the driver can't switch to the front passenger seat.

Also noticed that after turning back in from FFV position, sometimes it takes a few milliseconds to "apply" the FFV contstraints, so you can aim inside the vehicle and at passengers and so on. I've also (With mods+mod weapon, can't repo on just dev yet)  bugged this out and gotten this "stuck" on, so I can casually shoot in any direction (I'm in the turned out mode — addAction shows turn in) but I'm still sitting down in the original turned in position. If I can repo this just on dev branch I'll let you know how.

edit: Also, credit to sykoCrazy for this — the y-32 with a black diffuse (via setobjecttexture) looks sweet, you should totally include this as a default variant:

h7tICaG.jpg

The CSAT VTOL Would Look Badaz In Olive. 

The Ceasar BTT is Really Weird when turning at a highspeed on the runway as most times it will blow up Which is Really Stupid, maybe Losing Wheels or Something but not that.

Some bugs:

Y-32 Xi'an (Infantry Transport)

1)
STEPS TO REPRODUCE
  • Enter Y-32 as Passenger, Ride in back
  • Set order for AI Get in Y-32 Xi'an
  • He is sits on your head
  • And one of seats still empty

2) Legs of pilot can saw throught pilot seat

No LSV variants with AT, or AA set up, yet those are basically a set requirement for LSV's in lots of nations to be able to have those. not sure how a Prowler/Qilian Titan AA/AT didn't make it into the game. Also, is it intentional that the NATO vehicles (tropic) are just straight up tan like the regular ones? The vehicles should be some kind of green or Tropic similar to the uniform. Also, the Jets didn't make it to each factions? I would have though the To-199 receive the grey scheme and be under CSAT Tropic as well, same with Wipeout.

Also, regarding the Vehicle in Vehicle transport, the Huron or Taru receive this feature? As well as is it possible to have other vehicles like the Zamak, HemTT, and Flatbed Trucks receive this tech to transport things like crates, and small vehicles like Quad-bikes, LSV's, maybe even water scooter?

• Like 3

Is it just me or are the VTOLs almost impossible to land well? Reducing speed in vectoring mode causes them to nosedive (as if they were stalling, but no indication for that, such as the speed display turning red), requiring the pilot to increase speed and reduce again and so on... I'm beginning to think I'm doing something wrong here.

Guys, in all honesty:

If you create vehicles that have the dials of a petrol engine (MB 4WD), don't give it sounds of a diesel engine.

This is imho pretty emberassing  :wacko:

• Like 1

Guys, in all honesty:

If you create vehicles that have the dials of a petrol engine (MB 4WD), don't give it sounds of a diesel engine.

This is imho pretty emberassing  :wacko:

Hehe , well to be honest on those new vehicles they need some powerful and better sound - atm they sound really basic and not powerful at all

Is it just me or are the VTOLs almost impossible to land well? Reducing speed in vectoring mode causes them to nosedive (as if they were stalling, but no indication for that, such as the speed display turning red), requiring the pilot to increase speed and reduce again and so on... I'm beginning to think I'm doing something wrong here.

You can't land in vectoring mode. That mode is mainly there to just get off the ground quickly, if you want to land you're going to have to chuck it into hover vector mode. Or alternatively, use the flaps up and flaps down while IN Auto hover mode to change the angle of the engine, then you can land like a normal plane. 

if you want to land you're going to have to chuck it into hover vector mode

Yeah, that's another problem. At the moment the nozzles of the Xi'an only go into hover mode when flying extremely close to the ground, which is not really a safe maneuver to perform when quickly landing. There isn't a way to manually force them into hover, is there?

Though the linguistic problem of Xi'an's cockpit panel has been mentioned in #3, I'd mention some additional points:

T117994: Problems about the Chinese in Xi'an's cockpit panel

• "é¼»" (nose): Should be "机头" (nose of airplane) instead.
  • Except the cockpit panel is made in Japanese or some other places, all characters should use fonts (glyph) in Mainland China standard.
  • Like 1

Any chance the Nato LSV can get a minigun and a AGL variant? The Minigun is used on the Nato choppers, why not on ground vehicles also? 

Would love to se a M2 and MK19 variant, but I doubt that will ever make it.