solzenicyn

Apex Vehicles Feedback

For variety, an unarmed version of the Xi'an would be much appreciated. This allows using it for low intensity missions where the default weapons are simply overkill without having to script the guns away while they are still visible on the model.

Ideally, the weapon pylons are removed on either side and the nose-mounted cannon is replaced by a thermal 360° camera, like on the UAV helicopter for the copilot/gunner to use.

• Like 6

Suggestion .

For the BlackFish CARGO version.

It would be very nice to be able to have at least a section of 8 operators or more sitting in the cargo space so you can Parachute the Vehicles & the unit in a single pass. Maybe its possible to fit something in there? Standing and holding on to something? 

Exemple of Crew+Cargo in a C130.

Thx for considering this.

• Like 5

Suggestion .

For the BlackFish CARGO version.

It would be very nice to be able to have at least a section of 8 operators or more sitting in the cargo space so you can Parachute the Vehicles & the unit in a single pass. Maybe its possible to fit something in there? Standing and holding on to something? 

Exemple of Crew+Cargo in a C130.

Thx for considering this.

+1 I was hoping for this as well in the cargo variant. 

• Like 1

My suggestions:

MB 4WD
  • Add grey and beige colour options.

Prowler (Unarmed)
  • Add turn out functionality to seats left 3 & right 3, where it’d equate to them standing up and having a wide forward-to-side firing arc (as opposed to rear arc when turned in/sat down).

Qilin (Unarmed)
  • As above but only for right seat 3.

Hunter (Unarmed)
  • Add version where the rear soft cover area is open/uncovered, with a pair of extra passenger seats with the above functionality I’ve suggested for Prowler and Qilin above.
  • Like 7

The AI drives the VTOL's right into the sea or into the forest. Can't get them to land at the harbour. that's frustrating.

• Like 1

The default mode is STOL. Try to engage "autohover" - that forces the nacelles or nozzles into 90deg vectoring and makes VTOL nice and comfortable :)

I know its just a bad copy of arma 2 VTOL function... its the same problem as in arma 2 ... even in Auto hover you cant land perfect because of the bad Power curve from the engines ... 

About Prowler :

- Will it be possible to get an armed AND CTRG variant of it in 3Den?

- Will we have the animated part that change the rear of the vehicle (between regular and light version) in Virtual Garage?

Latest update has broken vehicle sounds for the new military 4x4's .

The vehicle will produce sound when you start the engine but is 100% silent while on the move. No engine sounds or anything of the sort.

Blackfish

- Armed variant optics block most of the usable screen space. Basically impossible to do target acquisition.

- Armed variant weapons traversal angles are far too restrictive, even with an amazing pilot/gunner team its nearly impossible to line up accurate shots consistently in a reasonable amount of time.

- Some seats are bugged in all variants

- Idle engine power when landed (holding Z), VTOL 'slides' across the ground, even on almost perfectly flat surfaces, which can easily lead to crashing (the Blackfish, not the game).

- No Missile defense tones

- Recycled sound effects

Xi'an

- suffers from 'speed wobbles' when traveling at over 500 km/h, makes rocket runs very difficult to line up on danger close attack runs

- Non working Instrumentals

- Insane PWR

- Same idle engine 'sliding' problem as Blackfish

- Engine extremely quiet for how much power they produce

- Collision model for wings will knock over trees without taking damage

- No Missile defense tones

Prowler

- Armed variant both gunner seats bugged, cannot be used or entered as intended

- Fantastic sound effects (esp when braking)

MQ-12 Falcon

- Pilot optic is extremely restrictive, next to zero peripheral vision and hard to tell where you are heading when flying

------------

IMO, priority fixes should be on the blackfish armed variant to make it more threatening (currently it isn't)

• Like 3

Hunter (Unarmed)

• Add version where the rear soft cover area is open/uncovered, with a pair of extra passenger seats with the above functionality I’ve suggested for Prowler and Qilin above.

Would have loved more variety in the Hunters, something like this

http://s734.photobucket.com/user/Hmluyten/media/M-ATV%20MRAP/IMG_5578a_zps09215424.jpg.html?sort=3&o=1

• Like 4

EDIT: Are the Xi'an and Blackfish supposed to lack HUDs?

There is a slight issue with the current setup of camerapods and overall gunner layout on the V-44 Gunship that would be great to see changed. There is also an unused FLIR Pod on the nose of all the V-44 aircraft which would be awesome to see usable.

As mentioned above slightly I thought I'd make a ticket with ways to improve the issue - https://feedback.bistudio.com/T117966

Pictures of each unused camera pod:

http://imgur.com/a/mppds

• Like 3

Mild cosmetic issue on the Blackfish

The Pilot/Copilot entry/exit points are not where the door is modelled, but 1.5m forward of that. This feels weird when the getin-animation is performed. Same with the 2 front passenger/gunner seats.

• Like 1

In the rear cockpit seats of the transport versions (both versions) of the blackfish the the guys sitting there are able to fire their weapon. I think those seats might have accidentally been set as FFV seats!

• Like 1

All Vehicles - buildings some what

Screen-Space-Reflections on glass... kinda like how you guys did it with the water :) i like to see vehicle's and buildings have this future cause it could be cool to see some of the reflections instead of a static picture from an Rvmat...

• Like 2

In the rear cockpit seats of the transport versions (both versions) of the blackfish the the guys sitting there are able to fire their weapon. I think those seats might have accidentally been set as FFV seats!

I think thats because you can fly with the ramp opened. So that they can shoot out like the Huron has it.

For variety, an unarmed version of the Xi'an would be much appreciated. This allows using it for low intensity missions where the default weapons are simply overkill without having to script the guns away while they are still visible on the model.

Ideally, the weapon pylons are removed on either side and the nose-mounted cannon is replaced by a thermal 360° camera, like on the UAV helicopter for the copilot/gunner to use.

VR

how the front landing gear rotates o_o

if it's not...the aircraft can't turn

so what's the point in having wheels p___p

I think thats because you can fly with the ramp opened. So that they can shoot out like the Huron has it.

No, i am talking about the left and right gunner who are seated directly behind the pilot/copilot. The bullet goes through the cockpit and hits the ground about ~25 meters away from the blackfish

Both VTOL's

• No missile warning system, this makes knowing when to dump flares nearly impossible (and AI don't use flares period)
  • (possibly caused by the first point's lack of warning thus making me dump them too late) Flares don't seem to do anything in distracting missiles.

Xi'An

At first I thought this thing would be the bane of CAS aircraft like the Wipeout. But after a few rounds of flying against it I'm feeling more comfortable in taking it out with just the Wipeout's guns. That said, It does seem to have the same amount of health as the Blackfish, taking 2 AA missiles or 3 titan SAMs to kill it. In my opinion it should probably be rebalanced in some way, however the following will merely be suggestions, I wouldn't suggest doing all 3 at once without testing it's capabilities afterwards.

1. Reduce the overall health of the Xi'An so that it only takes one AA missile or 2 Titan missiles to either Red or destroy it.
  2. Adjust the power to weight ratio of the jet engines.
  3. Reduce the forward 30mm's horizontal firing arc to only 90-150 degrees forward.

Blackfish

I really don't have that much to say about it that hasn't already been said, however I do have one suggestion

• Double the on board flare count and add 2 additional flare launchers firing downward from the fuselage.

Ok, that suggestion is only so we can have proper angel-looking flare dumps from the gunships. I haven't really had much of a chance to try out the new changes to the aiming module

Armed Blackfish 

-It's nearly impossible to use with a loiter waypoint. The Ai pilot is way too close from the ground and the circle a bit too small (you always loose your target side).

-Add a way to lock the camera (I tried with ctrl+t and it's not working like the UAV).

• Like 1

http://imgur.com/a/8nhe4

First Screenshot:

The model looks incredible ugly.

Second Screenshot:

The movement range should be improved.