solzenicyn

Apex Vehicles Feedback

The MQ-12 Falcon could benefit from a larger "window" or "windshield" so to speak to emulate an array of synchronized sensors.  Hell even better, the ability to look around while in the UAV to look to different sides would be the best of all.

It also really does need some sort of HUD internally, or at least an altimeter with appropriate flight instruments to show flight conditions.

Believe its already been posted but:

7) On CSAT VTOL Smoke effect from the rear Turbines does not follow the VTOL animation (because it's impossible to animate particle memorypoints in general, apart from weapon smoke memory points)

Please fix this as we can use it for CUP assets such as Osprey and F35B. :)

Oh and also Tracked vehicles still don't move correctly in water :D This is an island environment right?

Vehicle Loading Bug

If you load a UAV into the Blackfish (haven't tested the CSAT VTOL) if you unload it while flying it does not deploy a parachute.

Also it would be nice if there were retextured NATO drones, the CSAT Pacific get reskins as well as the new one while the NATO forces only get their new UAV in pacific camo.

I would suggest that NATO's vehicles be given a tropic green retexture, that way things like the Hunter and Slammer better match the new NATO UAV and LSV. I would also suggest that CSAT's new VTOL receive a black paint variant.

• Like 2

Would it be possible to add a passenger seat to the armed prowler so it seats 6 total? 5 is a very awkward max amount, while 6 is a very common fire-team size throughout the community.

• Like 5

I would suggest that NATO's vehicles be given a tropic green retexture, that way things like the Hunter and Slammer better match the new NATO UAV and LSV. I would also suggest that CSAT's new VTOL receive a black paint variant.

Seconded the black variant for the CSAT VTOL. An actually black Blackfish would be a good idea as well. :)

• Like 1

Would it be possible to add a passenger seat to the armed prowler so it seats 6 total? 5 is a very awkward max amount and 6 is a very common fire-team size throughout the community.

Agreed, would make things (logistics, mission making, slotting, etc) much easier if the seat count remained 6 for both armed and unarmed LSVs.

EDIT: Especially since the armed Qlin has more seats, would be nice to have only one seat's space dedicated to ammo boxes for the prowler. Alternatively make a "light" version of the armed Prowler that seats 4 + 1 gunner, and a normal version that seats 5/6 + 1 gunner.

• Like 2

Seconded the black variant for the CSAT VTOL. An actually black Blackfish would be a good idea as well. :)

+1

+1 Most CSAT helos have a black variant, a Black CSAT VTOL would make a lot of sense. 

• Like 1

Can´t get the AI to board the new LSV´s using waypoints in the editor. It works with a Ifrit or a Hunter.

Can´t get the AI to board the new LSV´s using waypoints in the editor. It works with a Ifrit or a Hunter.

I thought it was just me...tried to create a quick pick up in the editor and they stood outside when I landed and flipped the trigger.

Like the suggestion of plain green and black for the aircraft as well as the wheeled vehicles to fit six.

If not in time for the initial release, add to the to-do list for after........................Great Stuff!!!

The good: Most of the new vehicles feel great to fly though spawning as a drone has some weird consequences, ie. Dieing as the drone will force you to restart the game as you cannot exit normally. I do not think I was able to spawn as a drone in the Base Game. <--That is bad.

The new strike vehicles and Jeep are actually pretty fun to drive. The pain in the ass anit-rollbar is still there but far from intrusive! The vehicles flip over satisfyingly, they dig their wheels in and flip sideways when landing a jump at an angle, and they just feel better when driving over rough terrain. However, just like every other vehicle, none of them feel right when their suspension bottoms out.

That violent ricochet is what I want to feel!

Furthermore, they all still have that problem where if the bottom of the bumper so much as scrapes the ground both front tires immediately explode and the vehicles comes to a sudden halt, as if the topsoil is made of concrete and glue. Lastly, they just do not sound the parts. Others have said they are relying on recycled sounds and I have to agree with them. They need to sound the part otherwise immersion is lost.

The propeller plane seems to lose steam really fast. I have seen a similar plane in person do some gnarly stunts without any egregious modifications and this bugger stalls at a twitch.

As for the VTOLS, I have nothing that has not already been covered by everyone else.

I have yet to bugger around with the jet ski though.

@solzenicyn: it's one thing for the Y-32 Xi'an to only accept up to a LSV or an Offroad (or two Quad Bikes) in size and thus an Offroad (Repair) is accepted... but why not an Offroad (Armed)? Is that intentional?

I'm liking the ability of all three possible MB 4WD passengers (or just the one if the rear seats are removed) to turn out and thus change their firing arcs, but is it intentional to omit "turn in/out" from the Prowler and Qilin passengers?

The Quinj- err, I mean, the Xi'an's main gun feels too weak against vehicles (using AP), especially at 30mm I expect to kill a tank after my gunner fired 50 shells at it !

Or maybe I'm wrong...

the radar from the Xi'an is not textured when in the gunner seat in first person

Haven't seen this posted yet: MB 4WD front passenger can switch to drivers seat, but the driver can't switch to the front passenger seat.

Also noticed that after turning back in from FFV position, sometimes it takes a few milliseconds to "apply" the FFV contstraints, so you can aim inside the vehicle and at passengers and so on. I've also (With mods+mod weapon, can't repo on just dev yet)  bugged this out and gotten this "stuck" on, so I can casually shoot in any direction (I'm in the turned out mode — addAction shows turn in) but I'm still sitting down in the original turned in position. If I can repo this just on dev branch I'll let you know how.

edit: Also, credit to sykoCrazy for this — the y-32 with a black diffuse (via setobjecttexture) looks sweet, you should totally include this as a default variant:

h7tICaG.jpg

• Like 8

What are the chances we'll see the rest of NATOs vehicles get the same retexture love that CSAT did?

The pilot of the MQ-12 Falkon should have control over the DAR missiles. Right now the pilot has to change to manual fire first which is in my opinion an unecessary step.

• Like 1

I pushed the Y-32 Xi'an to 700 kmph flying at a very small incline (< 5 degrees), does not seem like the kind of plane that would reach those speeds (too bulky, doesn't look extremely aerodynamic). I think the fighters do about the same (or less), which really shouldn't be the case imo.

edit: Blackfish tops out at 500 kmph, for comparison.

• Like 1

Hi Not sure if this is the right place to make a request.

I and a few other fun gamers would ask if it were possible that the new mine trains on the the Tanoa island were usable or playable with maybe an attached MG at the rear. 

I am not a modder or programmer but just a fun player and wonder if this can be looked into?

Btw excellent work I bow (and creep) in your greatness.

Regards Matt

• Like 1