solzenicyn

Apex Vehicles Feedback

Seems like the Blackfish needs a loiter anticlockwise wp with a 300m radius for destroying those pesky CSAT

• Like 1

I know it may be a bit late to report it but if one of the wheel break and the vehicle has a spare tire you should be able to use it.

Is there a particular reason why the Caesar BTT gets a soft shadow while the rest of the expansion vehicles get hard shadows?

Are there plans to resolve this inconsistency (which is also present with vanilla arma content)?

I think you (BI) misunderstand what is the Gendarmerie, they are militaries, so their vehicles are a bit armored like at least the windshield

Could the classnames of the Syndikat soldiers be made consistent with the other infantry classes?

Something like;

I_C_Soldier_Bandit_4_F > I_C_Soldier_Bandit_SL_F
I_C_Soldier_Bandit_3_F > I_C_Soldier_Bandit_AR_F

etc

• Like 1

Disappointed with the VIVT mode. Why is it that we can't drive into the loading bay of the V-44 in order to press load, instead of driving up 10 meters behind it and just magically teleporting inside. This is a big problem, and looks awful. I'm guessing it's done this way due to some issues with LOD's? It would be cool to get some kind of feedback as to why it is the way it is, and if we can have it done in a more intuitive manner.

• Like 1

Sorry BI, but this just looks awful...

The C-17 mod works with driving into the plane and locking it (or well enough for a mod), so it can't be an engine limitation I guess?

• Like 1

The decision was probably made due to what happens when a vehicle isn't locked into place with attachto; a big fireball.

Anyway, I'd love to see boats configured for VIVT too:

• Like 1

The decision was probably made due to what happens when a vehicle isn't locked into place with attachto; a big fireball.

They could made it if you drive into the plane and exit the vehicle (or the plane starts to take off), that the vehicle gets locked into the plane.

Vehicle loading bug(s)

• I'm sure you're already aware but we're given the option to unload all vehicles even if the ramp is closed on the VTOL (NATO), this results in the VTOL exploding.
  • Also when dropping a vehicle from a VTOL (NATO) when the ramp is open and the aircraft is moving, you / the aircraft seem to take damage, maybe from the parachute?
  • When in the Qilin (Armed) as gunner, when you load it into the CSAT VTOL your head clips through the top of the VTOL's cargo area.
  • Vehicles can be loaded regardless of ramp state (e.g. if ramp is closed, you can still load vehicles in).
  • Like 1

Considering they developed apex since march 14

a3_apex_roadmap.png

I can't fathom why would they even implement current solution.

It's a action menu interaction.In days when action menus is being shunned upon with shortcuts (slingloading - ctr B,

or switching weapons: 1, 2 and 3 naming few examples) using action menu to load vehicle is archaic and simply bad decision.

Vehicle can drive through the ramp.Is acceptable behavior that unload vehicle clips through the ramp?Personally I don't think so.

Lastly the entire implementation a system behind it - it simply no better then attach to and someone correct me if I'm wrong.Scripts

have being doing this for years, yet BI with time, resources, in engine source code knowledge couldn't make better result?
It pains me that they weren't more ambitious then what it was implemented.

For me it would be better off not implemented, if this platform feature wasn't worthy of time/resources of BI programmers

delegated by senior's studio positions.

Evenmore so since communities have been achieving this same result for years.

• Like 6

For me it would be better off not implemented, if this platform feature wasn't worthy of time/resources of BI programmers

delegated by senior's studio positions.

Evenmore so since communities have been achieving this same result for years.

So instead of implementing a feature to make use of transportation that the VTOL models provide, you'd rather not have it at all? That's stupid.

Barely anybody needs that many infantry seats to justify that large of a plane. So they added more use to it than infantry transport. It looks like an afterthought from the designstage of the models. Yes. But it works and adds tactical options (dropping amphibious APC into the water...), so i don't understand the complaint at all.

• Like 2

So instead of implementing a feature to make use of transportation that the VTOL models provide, you'd rather not have it at all? That's stupid.

Barely anybody needs that many infantry seats to justify that large of a plane. So they added more use to it than infantry transport. It looks like an afterthought from the designstage of the models. Yes. But it works and adds tactical options (dropping amphibious APC into the water...), so i don't understand the complaint at all.

It's more about if you don't really want to spend resources to create solid solution why even spending it?Instead

invest somewhere else, rather then have weak, and sub optimal gameplay solution.

• Like 1

The loading function is really nice to have (I play a lot Invade & Annex and find this feature invaluable), just how BI made that bugs me a lot.

It's more about if you don't really want to spend resources to create solid solution why even spending it?Instead

invest somewhere else, rather then have weak, and sub optimal gameplay solution.

As I wrote in another thread, there are inherent issues with vehicles that have builtin roadway LOD's, actually quite a number of issues. So I guess it was either fix these issues, make a "cheap" implementation, or not implement it at all. I prefer the cheap implementation then, even if it isn't optimal.

• Like 1

From my minor testing the only benefit of the current implementation of ViV over what the community has already scripted is that if you get loaded into a vehicle while in a vehicle and Get Out you exit the parent vehicle nicely rather than get stuck between models.

Parachuting a vehicle from a VTOL at low speed may result in the parachute being stuck in the VTOL, optionally giving it damages.

I agree, as much as I love APEX so far, I really feel that this bit has let it down.

x3jk: It's not just the fact that you can't drive up the ramp itself, I've already been the target of a few bugs after only minutes of trying it out. When trying to drop a vehicle out of the back of a moving (no matter how slow) VTOL, it has a chance to damage the aircraft and the people inside. Or the head glitching through the top of the CSAT VTOL when using a Qilin.

I do appreciate this added feature, but in my opinion I praise Bohemia as being one of those developers that won't release something until it is done to the best of their abilities and to the point where it pushes the engines limits, when they spend all that time working on immersion, it's all gone when you expect to drive your vehicle into the VTOL and having to scroll wheel to try and select load vehicle to be TP'd into the cargo area.

One last thing: again, while I'm highly thankful that this is finally a thing in the game, I don't think it's a placeholder. Would they really spend the time adding this action menu function to the game if it was to be removed later on? Fine tuning all the positions of vehicles etc? I dunno...

• Like 1

As I wrote in another thread, there are inherent issues with vehicles that have builtin roadway LOD's, actually quite a number of issues. So I guess it was either fix these issues, make a "cheap" implementation, or not implement it at all. I prefer the cheap implementation then, even if it isn't optimal.

Yes I understand your standpoint and I see where you are coming from.You know when you often hear that there is no time or resources available, this was one of the

rare opportunity where there were time and resources if Viv platform feature would be considered as important to seniors like Peter.And I have full trust that they could

tackle this problem if they would decide to.Just remembering current sound system, 3d editor, bipods - extremely well thought out and solid platform solutions.

It's possible to unload a vehicle from a VTOL even if there are other vehicles behind it (which should be unloaded before).

Guys, two things :

1- it's WIP

2- they can make something good from it.

They can make something good from it with :

- working ramps

- loading time

That's all we're missing to have something acceptable for Arma standards.

Only if the model of the logistical vehicle is made terribly. If the model is solid, and you can drive into the vehicle, it'd be no different than it is now, at least in terms of functionality. It would work as intended, but just look 100 times better. The whole teleporting thing kills it. The C-17 video, while not the best, is a decent example. I'm sure there's probably better examples out there.

As for boats having the VIV, it's not needed, because physics already handles that. You don't need a script the drive a vehicle up onto a flat loading bay on a boat and drive it around, it's already seamlessly possible without a "Load" attachto script. For planes though, that's another story.

All in all, i think they should work our the issue with built in Roadway LOD's, because that's an extremely valuable feature to be able to do that. At least part of the tech is now in Vanilla, so why not go all the way? It would make logistics in this game important and a main part of gameplay in most scenarios, which would in tern extent the lifespan of Arma. Heck, i hate to bring other games into it, but Just Cause has this ability oddly enough in almost every single vehicle, despite it's arcade mess of a play style, the features for vehicle in vehicle interaction is so solid that if it were a military sandbox based around semi-realism, it'd actually be quite amazing. We have a tendency in Arma to pretty much go half way, making things work, but not look good, or not work at all, period.

LSV :

both :

Handgun glitches through holster as driver

PROWLER :

engine speed vary too quickly, it's actually unpleasant to hear : low and quiet - high and too loud - low and quiet - high and too loud...

Qilin

There is too much sound attenuation, in first person you barely hear the engine working, as gunner you can notice the issue immediately with the .50 machingun.

Hand controllers are not animated as they are in Ifrit (e.g. when switching from froward to backward)

Only if the model of the logistical vehicle is made terribly. If the model is solid, and you can drive into the vehicle, it'd be no different than it is now, at least in terms of functionality. It would work as intended, but just look 100 times better. The whole teleporting thing kills it. The C-17 video, while not the best, is a decent example. I'm sure there's probably better examples out there.

As for boats having the VIV, it's not needed, because physics already handles that. You don't need a script the drive a vehicle up onto a flat loading bay on a boat and drive it around, it's already seamlessly possible without a "Load" attachto script. For planes though, that's another story.

Are we playing the same game? Have you tried flying a plane in multiplayer while relying on physx alone to handle your vehicle cargo?

V-44 blackfish Infantry Transport variant:  passengers cannot eject from the passenger compartment, but the crew can, making paradrops unviable currently. Seems like a overlook to me. Also noticed that as a passanger in the front two seats of this aircraft, you are able to fire your rifle. :-\

To make this viv feature smooth and looking like you demand requires work that is very likely out of proportion for the importance of this feature. It was likely written in a single day. Getting it glitchfree to be able to drive up vehicles inside each other would take weeks.

If you can't stand it, don't use it / disable the action via mod. Roadway LODs on vehicles are super dodgy - and if the solution to this would be easy BI would have propably done it already.