a_killer_wombat

Can't access Tanoa with preview despite Apex pre-order

Apparently it should be possible for players to be able to access Tanoa before official Apex release if you have pre-ordered Apex and are running "Apex Sneak Preview" version of Arma 3.

However, I have pre-ordered Apex expansion from Bohemia Interactive's online store and have followed the steps given to me via email in order to redeem the DLC for my Steam account. Despite this, my Steam account does not confirm my purchase of Apex expansion and it does not appear in my Steam account licenses. This means that I am unable to access Tanoa using the sneak preview as if I have not pre-ordered it at all.

Is anyone else having this issue?

Edit: Fixed the issue, ignore this thread

I think you have not done the right steps. First go to Arma 3 in your steam library and right click it. Click "properties" , then "Betas" then "apex sneak peak". You are not just being given this Addon early-you are signing up to the dev branch of the game.The steps to activate are the same as they always are for accessing dev branch.

I think you have not done the right steps. First go to Arma 3 in your steam library and right click it. Click "properties" , then "Betas" then "apex sneak peak". You are not just being given this Addon early-you are signing up to the dev branch of the game.The steps to activate are the same as they always are for accessing dev branch.

I can confirm that I already followed those steps you mentioned and I am currently running "Arma 3 [apex_sneak_preview]" version of Arma 3 in steam. Once I have loaded Arma 3 up and I'm on the main menu, I attempt to click on "Editor" and then select "Tanoa" but instead of showing the "Continue" button, it instead shows "Purchase" in blue.

This means I can't access Tanoa without purchasing the Apex DLC again through steam.

Is there something else I've missed? Thanks for the quick reply.

Your ArmA III library should show something like...

ArmA 3 APEX              Not installed              Added M/DD/YYY

Along with the rest of the content you have purchased and installed.  Is this what you see?  Did you get a code from the BI store?  Did you use it in steam to activate a product?

There was an issue a few days ago with people not being able to access DLC content-but it was meant to have been patched. I'll look into it and get back to you.

Your ArmA III library should show something like...

ArmA 3 APEX              Not installed              Added M/DD/YYY

Along with the rest of the content you have purchased and installed.  Is this what you see?  Did you get a code from the BI store?  Did you use it in steam to activate a product?

I don't see that, it shows all my other Arma 3 DLC but not Apex. As far as I can remember, BI store didn't give me a redeem code for Steam but rather just sent me an email confirmation of purchase which also included a link to a BI webpage which you follow to redeem the purchase for my Steam account.

On the BI website, for Apex DLC, it says "This product will be redeemed on this account >" and then it points to my Steam account.

For comparison, for Marksman DLC, it says "Already redeemed on steam".

There was an issue a few days ago with people not being able to access DLC content-but it was meant to have been patched. I'll look into it and get back to you.

Thanks for the help.

Wombat it sounds to me like you havent redeemed a Steam key, yet...  but I'll give way to the mod who posted above.

I am also having the same issue, after redeeming the purchase i made through the Bohemia store and allowing the store to access my steam account to activate the product i see no evidence of having the APEX expansion in my steam account. and in game it just says i need to purchase the expansion to be able to use the sneak peak. Seems like early supporters through the Bohemia store are going to be the last to get to play the new content.

EDIT: It seems like if you restart steam The DLC is added to your library (which i have never had to do before with any stem activation) and then re-downloads the content have not yet managed to play just waiting for the download to finish.

EDIT: It seems like if you restart steam The DLC is added to your library (which i have never had to do before with any stem activation) and then re-downloads the content have not yet managed to play just waiting for the download to finish.

I tend to do this a rule of thumb with any Steam based DLC, for what ever reason Steam needs a restart to take the changes into effect.

I've restarted Steam multiple times and the Apex DLC is still not showing up in my Arma 3 DLC library or in my Steam account licenses.

Okay I've managed to finally redeem the Apex DLC on Steam, turns out it was my fault for missing an additional button click on the BI website in order to finally redeem the product after linking the product to my Steam account (I must of originally assumed the button was for changing the Steam account it would be linked with). Thanks for the help and advice anyway.

• Like 1

I'm having the same problem despite ging through the account and redeeming Apex. When i did, it apparently send the key to my steam account but i still can't access Apex as it does not appear on the DLC. And to make things better now that i am trying to access my BI account to check my purchases and try the redeem again, the damn site is in maintenance. 

I am having an issue with getting hold of the apex sneak peak...i have redeemed my code and the game appears in my arma 3 properties list and it is ticked in the install box  but the state says not installed and i do not have the drop down option to opt in....any ideas ?

i have the same problem, cant access my apex beta, i bought it through steam n apex beta option doesn't show up in properties