Sign in to follow this  
pooroldspike

Ghost trees

Is anybody else getting this annoying "ghosting" effect with fir trees all over the standard map or is it just me? 

I've been tweaking the ingame graphics settings like crazy to try to make them stay solid with no luck.

This is v1.60 but I think it also happened with earlier versions-

PIC 1- at a distance the arrowed trees look like ghosts, there's no smoke or fog about- 

AA3-tree1_zpsrxyht26f.jpg~original

PIC 2- hitting zoom solids them up- 

AA3-trees2_zpsfaranb78.jpg~original

PIC 3- and if I motor up to them like this they look fine, it's only the "at a distance" view that ghosts them out-

AA3-trees3_zpsdjpgc2kf.jpg~original

Thanks guys so it seems everybody is getting it on their computers and it's not just me..:)

I'll keep trying more ingame graphics permutations to try to make it go away, and if anybody else wants to have a dabble here are some shots I just took so you can zero in on the locations, but ike I said earlier, the glitch happens all over the map,not just here-

ALTIS map, Sofia town-

AA3-tree030_zps5wdi1tpg.jpg~original

Stand on the road outside town looking in the direction of the arrow-
AA3-tree070_zps02lw4qty.jpg~original

And you should see two ghost trees-
AA3-tree060_zpssatdi5ge.jpg~original

And when you motor up to them they become solid-
AA3-tree-080_zpsrdhoyv9g.jpg~original

This other species of tree is also affected in an orchard in town-
AA3-tree040_zpsathitm6w.jpg~original

They're ghosted at a distance-
AA3-tree010_zpsaustrrkd.jpg~original

But solid when you get closer-
AA3-tree020_zps9igjwjzu.jpg~original

The olive trees (the ones you screenshot near Sofia) are also a bit of a problem from all angles. I've also noticed that changing textures setting to "Standard" in video options, many trees become partially transparent or invisible at low detail LODs. It really looks quite shit... Here's a ticket about general invisible vegetation at middle/low detail LODs: https://feedback.bistudio.com/T117469

The pine tree issue is slightly different, as it affects the trees at all texture settings, and is only an issue when the trees are viewed at a certain angle.