second_coming

Map Markers "Disabled by the Server"

Hi,

I'm hoping someone can point me in the right direction.

I'm currently running a Tanoa test server with the latest development branch and am having issues getting map markers to display in game.

I understand that map markers are currently being worked on and that I am probably missing some settings in my config.

current Arma3Profile:
http://pastebin.com/CMcPtf6h

For players when you go to the map and look at the menu options in the top right it says "Disabled by the Server" and no markers are showing on the map (even though I create some server side)

What do I need to set to re-enable map markers?

thanks,

second_coming

It seems to be a client side bug from what I have experienced. When I join a Tanoa life or any other dev server most of the time I will load in with no markers and I have to completely restart my client including the launcher to fix the issue. Your issue might be a bit different and possibly is server side but this is just mine and my friend's experience.

Noticed the same issue. However if the same mission is loaded a few times it looks that the issue resolves itself. I also notice this issue with my missions in Altis and Stratis after the update that introduced Tanoa.

Ahh yeah, we've been getting that issue randomly as well.  It's client specific as far as we can tell though?  Sometimes the guy hosting will have it, other times some other player.  Sometimes changing slots helps other times we need to restart the mission.

Ahh yeah, we've been getting that issue randomly as well.  It's client specific as far as we can tell though?  Sometimes the guy hosting will have it, other times some other player.  Sometimes changing slots helps other times we need to restart the mission.

It does seem to be and it's intermittent. Mostly not showing though (I'm running it on a dedicated server if that makes any difference).

We are investigating what caused the behaviour, we hope to have that fixed as soon as possible. Thanks a lot for letting us know :icon_twisted:

• Like 6

It's related to difficulties, if a player goes back to their options out of game and selects "recruit" it sometimes enables the map markers.

It's related to difficulties, if a player goes back to their options out of game and selects "recruit" it sometimes enables the map markers.

Tried this multiple times, no luck.

90% of the players that have joined our server over the past week have mentioned this bug.

Rumored fixes are:

* placing a character down in the editor

* going to main menu, options, game, difficulty, and flipping between recruit and custom, then rejoin game

* Just keep relogging into a game until it's fixed.

70+ players is a good sample rate for confirming the bug.

For example: 

On our wasteland server I can put down ATM map markers in the editor and they will always appear on the map.

If you script in markers they will randomly appear due to the bug. 

• Like 1

ALERT ALERT . ON MY SERVER ALL MAKER WORKS

IF U HOST A SERVER FROM INGAME ONLY CREATE A NEW PROFILE

AND ALL ITS WORKING

my server its running with

Tophe's Arma Dedicated Server Tool (TADST)

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=11655

if u have any questions join my Teamspeak

TS 3 IP : 212.224.121.9:5082

Ask for AlterMann

I think its back after last update 09/03/21

At least on our Dedicated server with ForcedDifficulty set despite the markers being set to ON they dont show, thats mission & personal markers, also stance wont show.

Had to turn off Forced & players have to chose what ever difficulty before starting mission. with "Recruit" everything shows but other stuff we dont want to see we cant turn off.

All very weird, & we are not the only ones with the same problem...........