solzenicyn

Spatial Awareness Improvements

i personally don't mind the lack of realism there but i like the idea of tweaking the size.

maybe having it go bigger the further away it is to simulate the decrease of accuracy with increase of distance. although it's tricky since then it gets more in your face. maybe combined with increased transparency.

just brain storming here.

Discussion is great as do are concerns.

Main concern would be user stating that he can't find when and where someone directed tactical ping.

It would be great if the position of squad mates which are not in range of the squad radar would be indicated by small triangles around the radar. Basically the same as it is currently done with tasks.

Speaking of tasks. I think the Squad Radar should display the correct task icon, e.g., meet, destroy and so on and so forth.

• Like 1

Tied to difficulty settings was pretty annoying in Dev testing.

Having this tied to tactical glasses is good fun and adds more immersion always an improvement . Has worked on patrol ops have a server side disable.

Along with that

It would be great if the position of squad mates which are not in range of the squad radar would be indicated by small triangles around the radar. Basically the same as it is currently done with tasks.

Speaking of tasks. I think the Squad Radar should display the correct task icon, e.g., meet, destroy and so on and so forth.

Considering the squad radar is meant to be "close range spatial awareness", I think that would be out of scope for it.

Considering the squad radar is meant to be "close range spatial awareness", I think that would be out of scope for it.

I don't see a reason why it should be limited to that. The task icon has also nothing to do with spatial awareness.

• Like 1

The squad radar draws on-top of any on-screen items such as the compass, making them hard to read in the default position.

The when assigning a squadmate a coloured team the respective colours shown in the list next to the radar are way too harsh and make it hard to read the text.

The squad radar draws on-top of any on-screen items such as the compass, making them hard to read in the default position.

You can move the radar anywhere you'd like on the screen.  Options - GUI something, it's the "last" option on the right.

I noticed that the tactical ping is now using Zeus ping sounds. I am not sure that I like that.

Looks like you can easily modify it here :

class CfgInGameUI {
 class TacticalPing {
  soundDelay = 1.0;
  soundDelayOnePlayer = 5.0;
  sounds[] = {"RscDisplayCurator_ping01", "RscDisplayCurator_ping02", "RscDisplayCurator_ping03", "RscDisplayCurator_ping04", "RscDisplayCurator_ping05", "RscDisplayCurator_ping06", "RscDisplayCurator_ping07"};
 };
};

I don't know how to add a picture here. I thought a Steam screenshot could be easy to post! nvm

Here is the link: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198090533419/screenshot/271726528936538801

I'd like to improve my radar. At this time, I have an icon:

- for each group member,

- colored along with damage status (green to red) of the unit,

- icon depends on the kind of vehicle (offroad for offroad, but also ifrit, wipeout.... static MG..  )

- when unit is selected (by leader) the icon is blue,

- in SP the #nbr in group is displayed, in MP, the name is displayed, colored with the team color,

- from 0 to 300 m, the radar has an adapted range corresponding to to farthest unit,

- if a unit is farther than 300m, radar keeps 300 m range but indicates also the max distance in the group, and unit(s) beyond 300 m are displayed on the border of the scope.

I'll appreciate if you have any improvement to suggest, especially on radar adapted range. Thanks

Included in this addon.

Is it going to be included in the upcoming patch?

would like to know this too

Is it going to be included in the upcoming patch?

would like to know this too

In available on the RC branch so I'd say yes.

• Like 1

In available on the RC branch so I'd say yes.

Where can you toggle it? also- I can't find it in the patch notes, so I guess its not ready yet. Would be great to get some info from Bi on this.

its not in 1.64... looks like we have to wait longer for it

We are still investigating possible connection of Squad Radar with other systems, namely Revive, it may take just a bit longer to hit the Main Branch of the game :icon_evil:

• Like 2

We are still investigating possible connection of Squad Radar with other systems, namely Revive, it may take just a bit longer to hit the Main Branch of the game :icon_evil:

That is actually good.Comparing radar with shacktac, the native implementation is barebones.

Needs shading in circles to differentiate them

Option to turn it off/on

Option to turn off/on cardinal directions

Fade people that you can't see (behind building)

Don't make dead disappear on radar unless you see them dead

• Like 4

That's a bummer, but thanks for the info.

Sucks that it's not coming with 1.64. But it is a good thing that you're taking your time to make it better. Hopefully be worth the extra wait.

Still prefer to see this tied to equipment like the tactical glasses. For me personally gives it more immersion. an on or off switch in an options menu takes you out of the game. the less you can that the better.

But I also understand the reluctance to go in such a bold direction with a vanilla feature.

• Like 1

That is actually good.Comparing radar with shacktac, the native implementation is barebones.

Needs shading in circles to differentiate them

Option to turn it off/on

Option to turn off/on cardinal directions

Fade people that you can't see (behind building)

Don't make dead disappear on radar unless you see them dead

Yes on all of this! (for both BI and ST huds :D

So this is interesting. The Squad Radar seems now to also show units which do not belong to ones group, but only if they are in the FOV. I kinda like that.

Only thing is, that it also shows UAVs as persons.

That would help enormously!    Make it show up,so everyone can see it,disscus it and make it an array in Global/Team Channel!

MGI-TacticalPack V.3 has a lot of stuff that may be useful for native Arma 3 .Test it to see what you like with it.Then get back here , tell us you`re opinion.

The Squad Radar has to be hidden when the user is looking through the Binoculars/Range Finder or Laser Designator.

• Like 3