Sign in to follow this  
badlucky1776

Error Messages

How do you kill the repeating black box "visual debug" messages that appear in the center of the screen every 45 seconds?

I have absolutely no clue whats causing this (and frankly do give a f*** ;-) and trying to do a singleplayer run thru of my mission is useless when I'm staring at a black box with white text right over my sight picture.

Here's a pic of what it looks like:

https://forums.bistudio.com/topic/188271-intro-sqf-file-error/?hl=error+messages

Again, I don't really give a hoot about the error, I just want to do a run thru in peace, sans error spam.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

B

You fix the code in your mission that is causing the errors.  

Eden Editor won't let you hide those since they are critical errors in whatever you're editing.  However if you're obstinate you can save your mission to Single Player missions and run it sans error in that environment.  Use the -showScriptErrors startup parameter to see those errors outside of the editor.

so there is no way to use the eden editor without this?

The problem is that in the missions I've done there is a "visual_debug" error, but I have absolutely no idea what it is coming from. I just want to use the editor to do simple run thrus like I have been doing with the 2d editor for the last 15 years I've been playing OFP & ArmA. Now you can't use the editor without being forced to run down every little bug that every addon creator has?

I'm not publishing this stuff, It's just for me.

This is awesome, so...this editor is basically worthless for what I'm trying to do? And am I correct that I've heard they are removing the old 2d editor?

Yeah I throw the BS card on that. If your gonna kill the old editor, you need to allow for a non-codehead like myself to turn that crap off.

B

The error box is forced in Eden, however it will not appear in singleplayer as long as you've got it disabled in the startup parameters of your lauchner (Should be the case by default).

However, you should always fix those issues.