Sign in to follow this  
opteryx

Will Terrain Artists be Able to use Tanoa Assets?

So I just found out that the Tanoa assets are .ebo instead of .pbo files, this means that the content is encrypted and map makers can't use the assets. Will this change? Tanoa has tons of awesome assets that would spawn dozens of new original maps by the community. It would be incredibly shameful and sad if it stays this way.

Thoughts on this?

• Like 1

So yeah. That means noany improved Unsung Vietnam terrains :(

So yeah. That means noany improved Unsung Vietnam terrains :(

Unsung have already said that from the Charlie Release onward Apex will be a requirement for the mod so you can look forward to some awesome Vietnam terrains.

aa872abaa2af3324250b3a452236d17b.png

• Like 1

Awesome move and news- Most likely if you like ArmAIII enough to play Unsung you most likely will have purchased APEX anyways. Tanoa is so amazing, I haven't had so much fun exploring a map since Tonal from BAS on OFP!!

• Like 1

-snip

Ah thanks for the heads up.

The downside is that Unsung Charlie or any mod that uses Tanoa as a dependency will likely not be played as much by multiplayer communities.

Forcing people to buy a DLC that only adds content and is not an expansion that enhances the game engine (like OA was and did) isn't viable for community leaders and would result in a loss of members or a split in the community.

Don't get me wrong though, Tanoa is a great content pack and it's totally understandable BI wants to influence as many people into buying Apex. Business after all :)

Also, I don't think BIS can be held responsible for 3rd party content dependencies :)
I suspect many more people than we might imagine will buy Tanoa, especially when the MP gameplay videos start to happen :) Last night I saw some guys testing AI behaviors in Tanoa and if I hadn't already, I would certainly have bought it right then :)