pinaz93

E-130J Guardian AEW&C

This is a fictional plane that was in my thoughts for a while: a AEW&C plane based on the C-130.
I see it as a lower cost AEW&C plane based on a very common cargo plane.

In real life one C-130 AEW&C really existed, from wikipedia:
"EC-130V Airborne early warning and control variant used by USCG for counter-narcotics missions in 1991. It was used by the U.S. Navy 1992-1994 and then by the USAF as NC-130H."

2ym7dya.jpg

The model is based on the C-130J from [Dust]Sabre, the radar and the search script are from the open source A-50 (I will probably do some work on this too in the future) released by Hcpookie some time ago.

The work you can see in these pics is what I've made today in 3 hours, so it is a really early work and will be released in the future.

Features:
-Automatic radar scan every 46 seconds (it is automatic so it can be leave as an AI plane, but if you are the pilot you can disable the scan)
-ECM script from Firewill's AWS

I don't think I will add interiors to it, so please don't ask for them

DOWNLOADS: (You need Firewill's AWS!)

v 0.2 mediafire:  http://www.mediafire.com/download/viwdgil66y8ee44/E-130J_v0.2.zip

v 0.2 Armaholic: 

zn0iuv.jpg
2m34md5.jpg
2cxc8ja.jpg
2pynrc3.jpg

• Like 19

Nice looking concept, would be perfect for Tanoa 

• Like 1

Thank you! It will fit good with the small/medium airports typical of arma maps

• Like 1

WIP REPORT:

Radar script is done and working well

It discover all the vehicles in the area and then report them in the chat to all the units on the same side of the awacs

vp7xa8.jpg

14wd3pv.jpg

It also report a static position on the map to all the friendly units, but only it the friendly vehicle can see that far (basically if the "irscanrange" parameter in the config have at least a value equal to the distance of the located vehicles. All my and firewill's planes, for example, are working well)... The other vehicles that are too far will still have the chat report however.

wuntw0.jpg

An then two pics of it flying

157c6lf.jpg

2927m9g.jpg

• Like 9

I think I will made a first release soon with 4 main skins:

USAF

zn0iuv.jpg

US COAST GUARD

2pynrc3.jpg

CSAT

2cxc8ja.jpg

AAF

2m34md5.jpg

Feel free to ask for other textures!

• Like 8

How about a Tanoa one and perhaps a Nogovan one :)

• Like 1

How about a Tanoa one and perhaps a Nogovan one :)

I have the intention to make a faction for the Horizon islands (the nation where tanoa is located), and it will be part of the faction for sure! And I can make the Nogovan one if you want! If you can give me the faction class I will add it diretctly to it insted of add it to the Nato faction!

• Like 1

I have the intention to make a faction for the Horizon islands (the nation where tanoa is located), and it will be part of the faction for sure! And I can make the Nogovan one if you want! If you can give me the faction class I will add it diretctly to it insted of add it to the Nato faction!

A Nogovan one would be great :)

Faction class is: 

class rki_naf
  • Like 1

Israeli? 

Lockheed_C-130H_Hercules_(L-382)_(Karnaf

AAFB94570A970EBCABDD9C5A65CE604E8543ACEC

Theyd look good together!

This is a nice idea! Maybe I can make the skin similar to the real Israeli awacs

• Like 1

Hi Guys, today I'm going to release a first version of the plane! Enjoy ;)

(You need firewill's AWS!)

v0.1 Mediafire link: http://www.mediafire.com/download/ohntt7y1x29e7i3/E-130J.zip

Textures Included:

USAF

US Coast Guard

Nogova

CSAT

AAF

Moved to release section of the forums, and thanks for including a Nogovan one its much appreciated :)

Moved to release section of the forums, and thanks for including a Nogovan one its much appreciated :)

I will improve the skin, now it's really basic and it need some rework :)

New mod v0.1 available at withSIX. Download now by clicking:

banner-420x120.png

Hey pinaz93 , you can upload updates or new mods to withSIX yourself now!

Make your own promo page, get the power to release your work at your own point of choosing.

To learn more, follow this guide.

i noticed something on your E-130J Guardian  and your Eurofighter Typhoon addon, 

when placed with 3den  it takes the editor a while to acctual place the aircraft, it sort of freezes (looks like the PC needs to think it over first) for a small while and then suddenly it places the plane and you can continue building mission 

it happes with the Guardian and the Typhoon planes  :(   

(same post made in the Typhoon thread)

why is the RAR file named aws-SU34? 

why is the RAR file named aws-SU34? 

Sorry, wrong link, it is right now

• Like 1

Sorry, wrong link, it is right now

ah okay. Yah, the first download link came with a Su-34 

ah okay. Yah, the first download link came with a Su-34 

Yes I released the SU-34 too today, yu can find it in the discussion section

• Like 1

Update!

I'm improving a little the plane to make it more "realistic", I removed that ugly "thing" on the tail, added some antennas here and there and a refuel probe (still have to make usable).

I'm thinking about the possibility of control UAVs from the plane if possible, I will take a look for this in the near future.

oisz1t.jpg

2cqbncy.jpg

bjbthf.jpg

2zqvnyf.jpg

What do you think about a MPA/ASW/ASuW version of the C-130? with the possibility of track ships and maybe with some harphoons? (I'm not thinking about sonobuoys and torpedos becouse there aren't submarines in arma actually)

• Like 3

11 hours ago, pinaz93 said:

What do you think about a MPA/ASW/ASuW version of the C-130? with the possibility of track ships and maybe with some harphoons? (I'm not thinking about sonobuoys and torpedos becouse there aren't submarines in arma actually)

What's your thinking on implementing the current dev branch builds' (eventually Jets platform update) sensor/display/datalink mechanics?

• Like 1