Sign in to follow this  
Ilias48rus

Can't find server created in internet on other computer.

All the time meeting the problem, do not even left what to check.

Ilias48rus, Do you mean you've created a server on your home network and are trying to find it as an internet server?

If yes, Check the following:

Does your router support uPnP (so it knows how to connect)?

Are all necessary ports opened on the firewall?

Does direct connection work (using your external IP-address)?

• Like 1

Ilias48rus, Do you mean you've created a server on your home network and are trying to find it as an internet server?

If yes, Check the following:

Does your router support uPnP (so it knows how to connect)?

Are all necessary ports opened on the firewall?

Does direct connection work (using your external IP-address)?

(like lan server but with selected "internet")

Is it necessary to enable uPnP ?

Access granted trough all ports.

Doesn't.

If you want to host a session on your home PC you have to do following steps:

1. press windows key + R -> opens the Run window
2. in that Run window you have to type "cmd" (without quotation marks) -> opens command window
3. in the command window type "ipconfig" -> shows your ip settings
4. copy the IPv4-address (e.g. 192.168.1.28)

5. Now you have to open your router/modem settings with your browser
6. take a look for a setting that is called "port forwarding"
7. there you have to create a new entry that may looks as follows:

service name: "Arma 3" (or type something else) / port range: "2302:2305" (this is the Arma 3 specific port range) / local ip: "your IPv4-address" / protocoll: TCP&UDP (Both)

8. save it
(9. If you want to be sure you can download PFPortChecker and let it check the reachability of your ports)

Now your friends should find your game session in the Arma 3 server browser as long as you have not messed around with the Arma 3 port settings in the game (it should be "2302").

If you want to let them directly connect to your session just open http://ip-check.info and copy and paste your adress to your friends (e.g. 32.18.12.204:2302).

Best regards

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Not so easy! I misse something more than to open or forward port(s), Steam + Arma (not the same!), since I receive TV by internet. Provider said my NAT is type 3 now (type 2 before). So, I can play on servers, skype, or Team speak, but nada, null, zero for hosting a mission. It was easy before this new Internet subscription.

Perhaps you can try if uPnP works though when starting a multiplayer session from within Arma3 (and use direct connection to your external IP).

You can check your external IP through http://www.whatsmyip.org/

OP, my issue was my provider...well the equipment.  I replaced the router and modem and it all works.  I didn't have phone or cable just internet.

Finally could check, thanks for answers but port forwarding didn't help.

Could you post the model of your modem?

Is it necessary to enable uPnP ?

It is not necessary to enable uPnP. Just follow my instructions and give your friends your ip+port number.

I don't really know what the uPnP really does. One day players were able to find my PC in the server browser with and without uPnP enabled. The other day nobody was able to find me if they don't know my ip.

The first and essential thing to do is to check if IP address your router gets from ISP is worldwide accessible. Then (if it is) there's some sense in port forwarding or uPnP.

Checking external IP only makes no sense -- it might show ISP's NAT IP address; in that case your server will not be accessible from the Internet by this address.

If (and only if) your router get the same IP address as what's-my-ip-address services show you, then you can set up port forwarding or uPnP (which is same port forwarding, only done by applications demand); see instructions in previous posts.

Check your router's status page for something like "WAN IP Address" or so. If it belongs to private networks (e.g. 10.0.0.0/8, 192.168.0.0/16, 172.16.0.0/12) you have no chance to run server accessible from the Internet.

all computers in my network have own external address (e. "91.246.113.100"), same as own internal, they are connecting to provider independently via dial-up, pppoe protocol, connected to internet cable trough mac bridge

doesn't looks like the external ip accessible from internet, but no idea how to fix it )

*-----

i figured out what my external ip is ip of network device which using nat to send packets to my system in lan "behind it", +problem is what i do not have access to the |device|,

is there some way to |get address to | get indexed by servers browser| service's port on the system having between it and internet the |device| using nat with unability to access it (or with providing the ability)?

just in case:
internet
\|/
34.643.764.453:|port|
\|/
|device|
if |port|==.. then
\|/
192.168.0.39:2302
\|/
system
if |port|==2302 then