Sign in to follow this  
kerozen

How to prevent players from picking up an item

I'm creating a small training base and i added some weapon on a table. I want to make it so no one can pick them up, its just for decoration. How can i do that?

so.... I don't know what i was thinking when i wrote the title but it should read "Preventing players FROM picking up an item".

I'm looking for a delete button but i can't find one :S

Edited by kerozen

i'll edit the title for you ;)

Thank you.

replace rifle with simple object, done

What do you mean? Something else besides a rifle? Is there no way to lock it?

_rifle = createSimpleObject ["a3\weapons_f\Rifles\mx\MXC_F.p3d", getPosWorld player];

_rifle setVectorDirAndUp [[0,0,1],[0,-1,0]]

_rifle = createSimpleObject ["a3\weapons_f\Rifles\mx\MXC_F.p3d", getPosWorld player]; 
_rifle setVectorDirAndUp [[0,0,1],[0,-1,0]]

Thank you. Its an addon weapons. The HLC G3, i will try to find the path to it. Its harder than i thought xD. I was hoping there was a "lock" command or something.

I'm creating a small training base and i added some weapon on a table. I want to make it so no one can pick them up, its just for decoration. How can i do that?

Destroyed weapon holders looks like normal, but do not allow to pick anything

Which model of G3 is it exactly?

Its the G3A3

Doesn't narrow it down much, but here are the classnames to use:

hlc_rifle_g3a3 - H&K G3A3 (Infantry Rifle)

hlc_rifle_g3a3ris - H&K G3A3 + Pictatinny Rail Interface
hlc_rifle_g3a3v - H&K G3A3 (Infantry Rifle)

Here's the full list of classnames for that mod:

Classnames-
hlc_rifle_g3sg1		 - H&K G3SG1 (Designated marksman rifle)
hlc_rifle_psg1		 - H&K PSG1 (Sniper Weapon System. So dedcated to the role that the tripod that it mounts to is not integral to the weapon)
hlc_rifle_g3a3		 - H&K G3A3 (Infantry Rifle)
hlc_rifle_g3a3ris	 - H&K G3A3 + Pictatinny Rail Interface
hlc_rifle_g3ka4		 - H&K G3KA4 (Modernised,slightly shorter Infantry rifle)
HLC_Rifle_g3ka4_GL	 - H&K G3KA4 + M203
hlc_rifle_hk51		 - FR Ordnance MC51 (G3 rifle made as compact as an MP5. A Specfic request made by the SAS, apparently 50 made, but none saw combat)
hlc_rifle_hk53		 - H&K HK53 (H&K's formalised solution to the SASR's dilemma, essentially an HK33 made to fit the same size package as the MP5)
hlc_rifle_hk53RAS	 - H&K HK53 + RAS
hlc_rifle_hk33a2	 - H&K HK33A2 (H&K's formal adaptation of the G3 Rifle to the 5.56mmx45 NATO standard. A2 variant with Burst triggergroup)
hlc_rifle_hk33a2RIS	 - H&K HK33A2 + Picatinny Rail Interface
hlc_rifle_psg1A1	 - H&K PSG1A1 ("Modernised" PSG1. Features Side-folding SG550 Sniper stock, and regular G3 Clawmount facilities)
hlc_rifle_PSG1A1_RIS	 - H&K PSG1A1 + Picatinny Rail Interface
hlc_rifle_g3a3v		 - H&K G3A3 (Infantry Rifle)
HLC_Optic_ZFSG1		- Zeiss Diavari 1.5-6x Rifle Optic in high-profile mount (Modern day as-equivelant to the ZFSG1. Altscope mode uses the Mount's peephole)
hlc_optic_accupoint_g3	- Trijicon Accupoint TR20 Rifle optic in high-profile mount (3-9x, Illuminated post reticle.Altscope mode uses the Mount's peephole)
hlc_20Rnd_762x51_B_G3	 - 20 Round magazine of 7.62x51mm Ball Rounds (i.e, standard bullets)
hlc_20rnd_762x51_T_G3	 - 20 Round magazine of 7.62x51mm Tracer Rounds
hlc_50rnd_762x51_M_G3	 - 50 Round magazine of 7.62x51mm Mixed at a ratio of 1 Tracer for every 5 Standard Ball rounds (X-systems drum mag, so you can have the SAW be interoperable with the rest of the squad.)

Don't forget about 'model' config value. Incredibly useful in cases like this.

getText(configFile >> "CfgWeapons" >> _weapon_classname >> "model")

In the case of G3A3:

"\hlc_wp_g3\mesh\g3a3\g3a3.p3d"

• Like 1

Doesn't narrow it down much, but here are the classnames to use:

Here's the full list of classnames for that mod:

Classnames-
hlc_rifle_g3sg1		 - H&K G3SG1 (Designated marksman rifle)
hlc_rifle_psg1		 - H&K PSG1 (Sniper Weapon System. So dedcated to the role that the tripod that it mounts to is not integral to the weapon)
hlc_rifle_g3a3		 - H&K G3A3 (Infantry Rifle)
hlc_rifle_g3a3ris	 - H&K G3A3 + Pictatinny Rail Interface
hlc_rifle_g3ka4		 - H&K G3KA4 (Modernised,slightly shorter Infantry rifle)
HLC_Rifle_g3ka4_GL	 - H&K G3KA4 + M203
hlc_rifle_hk51		 - FR Ordnance MC51 (G3 rifle made as compact as an MP5. A Specfic request made by the SAS, apparently 50 made, but none saw combat)
hlc_rifle_hk53		 - H&K HK53 (H&K's formalised solution to the SASR's dilemma, essentially an HK33 made to fit the same size package as the MP5)
hlc_rifle_hk53RAS	 - H&K HK53 + RAS
hlc_rifle_hk33a2	 - H&K HK33A2 (H&K's formal adaptation of the G3 Rifle to the 5.56mmx45 NATO standard. A2 variant with Burst triggergroup)
hlc_rifle_hk33a2RIS	 - H&K HK33A2 + Picatinny Rail Interface
hlc_rifle_psg1A1	 - H&K PSG1A1 ("Modernised" PSG1. Features Side-folding SG550 Sniper stock, and regular G3 Clawmount facilities)
hlc_rifle_PSG1A1_RIS	 - H&K PSG1A1 + Picatinny Rail Interface
hlc_rifle_g3a3v		 - H&K G3A3 (Infantry Rifle)
HLC_Optic_ZFSG1		- Zeiss Diavari 1.5-6x Rifle Optic in high-profile mount (Modern day as-equivelant to the ZFSG1. Altscope mode uses the Mount's peephole)
hlc_optic_accupoint_g3	- Trijicon Accupoint TR20 Rifle optic in high-profile mount (3-9x, Illuminated post reticle.Altscope mode uses the Mount's peephole)
hlc_20Rnd_762x51_B_G3	 - 20 Round magazine of 7.62x51mm Ball Rounds (i.e, standard bullets)
hlc_20rnd_762x51_T_G3	 - 20 Round magazine of 7.62x51mm Tracer Rounds
hlc_50rnd_762x51_M_G3	 - 50 Round magazine of 7.62x51mm Mixed at a ratio of 1 Tracer for every 5 Standard Ball rounds (X-systems drum mag, so you can have the SAW be interoperable with the rest of the squad.)

Don't forget about 'model' config value. Incredibly useful in cases like this.

getText(configFile >> "CfgWeapons" >> _weapon_classname >> "model")

In the case of G3A3:

"\hlc_wp_g3\mesh\g3a3\g3a3.p3d"

Thank you both very much. How do i find the class names my self?

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=667375637

When it comes to mods you'll have to google around, but most big mods (like RHS) have excellent documentation that provide all classnames.

Another way would be to just head into the config viewer and look for the specific prefix (in your case HLC mod, so the prefix would be hlc_) that most (not all) mods use. (RHS uses rhs_ etc etc)

the easiest way is to simply put this in the init of the object

this setdamage 1

• Like 2

Disable simulation on the weapons. Easiest way by far.

Just tried that and you can still "pick up" the weapon but it just drops on the ground, off the table.

the easiest way is to simply put this in the init of the object

this setdamage 1

This is the simplest solution to my problem. thank you so much. How didn't i remember that