At the moment i am using @CBA_A3, All Cup mods, @ACE3, @RHSGREF, @RHSUSF, @RHSAFRF, @BWA3, @NIArms, @ACRE2 and @AWS, @F16C_Standalone and of course @rki_mig21naf.

Further testing has shown that the muzzle velocity of the gun is extremely low.

Thanks for the feedback, i suspect that it could be @ACE3 as this far i am aware this can change some of the base classes. Or it could be one of your other mods conflicting with my addon. Its quite hard to say what, as when i developed the addon, i made it work with Stable Arma3 only.

Unfortunately as with any Arma3 content, not all addons/mods work well with each other. 

Hiya R0adki11,

Really like your little jet ;)

Reporting a glitch that I am having with the shadow. I have a work around of placing another jet. Would be good to see if others are getting similar - otherwise it's my machine. Please have a look at the screenies below demonstrating the graphic glitch. Any ideas?

4uylnm.jpg

2nk2dt1.jpg

Hope it's an easy fix.

Mauler.

P.S. skinning huh? - lets see ...

Hiya R0adki11,

Really like your little jet ;)

Reporting a glitch that I am having with the shadow. I have a work around of placing another jet. Would be good to see if others are getting similar - otherwise it's my machine. Please have a look at the screenies below demonstrating the graphic glitch. Any ideas?

img=http://i64.tinypic.com/4uylnm.jpg

img=http://i63.tinypic.com/2nk2dt1.jpg

Hope it's an easy fix.

Mauler.

P.S. skinning huh? - lets see ...

Thanks for the comments, this issue has been raised previously. Before releasing it i thought i had actually resolved this bug as this had stopped me releasing it previously. Not sure what is causing it, i will need to investigate further. I hope to fix some of the most pressing bugs and release update shortly. However i am unsure when this will be, as at present my real life commitments mean i don't have as much time as i would like at the moment :(  

• Like 1

This "Real Life" feature keeps getting in the way of a lot of fun, seems like. I know it has been acting up for me lately, too; I don't know what the programmers were thinking, but its incompatibility with most games really needs to be addressed by them!

And hey, you toss any sort of PSD template at me, I could give a Hello Kitty Fishbed a swing. It would probably be an abomination, but I assume that's the point.

Thanks for the comments, this issue has been raised previously. Before releasing it i thought i had actually resolved this bug as this had stopped me releasing it previously. Not sure what is causing it, i will need to investigate further. I hope to fix some of the most pressing bugs and release update shortly. However i am unsure when this will be, as at present my real life commitments mean i don't have as much time as i would like at the moment :(  

Willing to bet money that is a shadow bug, still.  Possibly the 2nd shadow lod needs the same fixes.

no I was just having fun LOL

You must understand, I've done far worse things with far less motivation.

Hehe- but you're right, I don't think the world is ready for something like that. :D

the weapons i added are very basic, don't expect too much til the main missilebox is released with all the advanced functions in it.

Really nice mod , but i noticed something bit weird , i can go through the plane body for some reason like the whole front of the jet  you can go through it 

Really nice mod , but i noticed something bit weird , i can go through the plane body for some reason like the whole front of the jet  you can go through it 

This has been reported, and hopefully will be addressed once i have time to work on all the necessary fixes for release 1,1

Glad to say two bugs resolved tonight, the odd shadow cast from the plane has been resolved. And the ability to walk through the plane on certain points is resolved, copied the geometry from a backup (good thing i make backups) to fix it.

I will now move on and attempt to fix the following:

-Cockpit windshield does not animate/move in any way when entering/exiting
-Bombs, particularly the 500kg ones, perform too weakly for such a large bomb
-The FAE/Thermobaric bombs don't perform any differently to the regular HE bombs
-Some models for the bombs aren't consistent with the actual function of them. eg. OFAB-100-120 HE-Frag bomb is modelled, but its performance and label is of a regular HE bomb

Some of these may get fixed, some may get moved to the suggestions list. 

Also will look at some of the suggestions made:

-No system of modelling the function of GPS guided bombs
-Integrate the CCIP system released in ArmA3 1.60 with the MiG
-While the central fueltank is common, it would be nice to have the option of loadouts without it, and carry more bombs instead.
-Multiple ejector racks for smaller bombs, would work wonderfully with the ripple fire function
-Add more spread and more sub-munitions for the RBK-500 cluster bombs. Modify the bomb script so that the bomb model appears to deploy submunitions in mid-air rather than hitting the ground as it currently does
-Bomb model for the RBK-500 says its carries SBPE sub-munitions, which should drop 15x drogue-retarding HEAT munitions, however its labelled as a simple HE cluster. Perhaps model a different RBK filler, with a larger number of purely HE munitions 
-Include some loadouts with only type of weapon on the hardpoints. Ie. instead of 2x rocket pods and 2x cluster bombs, have an option to carry 4x cluster bombs.
  • Like 2

-Occasionally turning on the wheel brake, then turning it off, will create an issue where the aircraft cannot taxi faster than 30km/h, as if the wheelbrake is still on. Only getting out then back in can properly reset the wheel brake.

this is how the wheelbrake works. you cant turn it off until your plane speed is less than 20km/h. so if you activate it, you must not try to fight it, but rather slow down until under 20, when the brake is released. it's how it was designed. no need to get out. just understand how it works.

a lot of the bomb effects i removed til i release the full missilebox. feel free to make your own though roadkill. I have drogues and retardation scripts (from pook) and a lot of the other stuff people are now clamouring for...

this is how the wheelbrake works. you cant turn it off until your plane speed is less than 20km/h. so if you activate it, you must not try to fight it, but rather slow down until under 20, when the brake is released. it's how it was designed. no need to get out. just understand how it works.

Thanks for the information i will remove it from the list, thats now three things fixed tonight :D

Does the Mig21 have a parachute?  I happen to have a Soviet parachute design that automatically wheel brakes for you... removes one more thing from the "need to do" list :)

• Like 2

Does the Mig21 have a parachute?  I happen to have a Soviet parachute design that automatically wheel brakes for you... removes one more thing from the "need to do" list :)

Yes! The MiG-21 has a drag chute! It deploys from that little cone at the base of the tail.

Source: Shitloads of DCS and deploying it at inappropriate times :ph34r:

• Like 1

OK then.  Roadkill, check out my Flankers pack.  IF that chute is something you desire let me know and I'll chuck it your way.  The script automatically deploys the chute (only when speed is above X), brakes the plane, plays a "tire skid" sound on touchdown, and draws the little smoke puffs from the tire skid.  Most importantly, it removes the need for a "wheelbrake action" in an already-cluttered mouse wheel menu ;)

If you say "meh" then that's fine too.  Just offering :)

OK then.  Roadkill, check out my Flankers pack.  IF that chute is something you desire let me know and I'll chuck it your way.  The script automatically deploys the chute (only when speed is above X), brakes the plane, plays a "tire skid" sound on touchdown, and draws the little smoke puffs from the tire skid.  Most importantly, it removes the need for a "wheelbrake action" in an already-cluttered mouse wheel menu ;)

If you say "meh" then that's fine too.  Just offering :)

Thanks for the offer, i will take a look at the your flankers pack :).

As an update to the mod, hope to include a 1.1 release with some important bug fixes soon.

• Like 2

Having just returned from a short holiday, i come home to find some one had uploaded my Mig-21 addon to Steam without permission. Anyway ive reviewed my previous stance regarding Steam, i've published this addon to Steam to hopefully prevent anyone else uploading it without my permission in the future (we can only hope). 

Anyway get it while its hot: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=717296363;)

• Like 2

out of curiosity, isnt this a lancer, not a pfm?

out of curiosity, isnt this a lancer, not a pfm?

No its an PFM, there are some things that are not accurate which includes the HUD which is inherited from Arma2. I intend to fix and improve these features as i develop the addon. But it takes time, i released the addon as it is as i had alot of PMs regarding its release. Its in very much a usable and playable state. There have been some bugs identified and these will be fixed in the next release. 

Made a Small Update today with some fixes

Release (v1.1):

Fixed the shadow issues on certain models.
Fixed Geometry issues
Added Bulgarian Skins and Roundel.
Some Config Tweaks

Download from: (http://naf.8bit-online.co.uk/wp-content/plugins/download-monitor/download.php?id=45)

Also available on Steam:

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=717296363

Updated mod v1.1 available at withSIX. Download now by clicking:

banner-420x120.png

Hey R0adki11 , you can upload updates or new mods to withSIX yourself now!

Make your own promo page, get the power to release your work at your own point of choosing.

To learn more, follow this guide.