dukeofthebattlefield

Locked doors on enterable buildings

To simulate the possibility of civilians having left and locked their doors, it would be cool if some doors had to be blown off or broken down(using a new animation) to get inside. This would also be useful for scenario making. I'm not saying it's a must or that this is missing from the game, it would just be an interesting addition were it to be added.

You can do this already.  Put down a GameLogic near the door you want to lock and put this in it's init:

((nearestObjects [this, ["House_F"], 5]) select 0) setVariable ['bis_disabled_Door_1',1,true];

to unlock use

setVariable ['bis_disabled_Door_1',0,true]

Lacking a proper breaching charge however, you kinda just have to blow up the building to get in though. :)

• Like 2

You can do this already.  Put down a GameLogic near the door you want to lock and put this in it's init:

((nearestObjects [this, ["House_F"], 5]) select 0) setVariable ['bis_disabled_Door_1',1,true];
to unlock use

setVariable ['bis_disabled_Door_1',0,true]

Lacking a proper breaching charge however, you kinda just have to blow up the building to get in though. :)

Thanks for the info

???

You know - kicking the door, shouldering the door, hacking at the door, tearing the door off its hinges.

• Like 1

Bummed that the doors still push the player out of the way -all doors should push inwards for gameplay reason alone

• Like 1

Bummed that the doors still push the player out of the way -all doors should push inwards for gameplay reason alone

Haha agreed. It was fixed on some altis buildings no?

That, or have some sort of door opening animation.

I agree with the "door kicker" idea. Doors should also be able to be destroyed by explosions or sufficiently powerful rounds (an APFSDS round shouldn't wreck the whole building, but definitely should shatter any doors and windows). Ideally, a simple 3-point hitzone system would allow you to shoot the doors off hinges and/or shoot the lock apart, but that's probably too complex at this point.

I have yet to properly test Tanoa, but in Altis/Stratis doors (always?) open towards you if you see the hinges, like IRL.

Had problems replicating this in Tanoa. Then I figured out they were still using the old Stratis [Land_i_Shed_Ind_F] and not the new Tanoa [Land_SM_01_shed_F] in the map. I can confirm the step over glitch is not fixed either....