Wiki

Euro 2016

So long Iceland.

Congrats for the nice work during the competition!

Half-time, 4-0.

Giroud, Pogba, Payet and Griezmann.

France wins 5-2 vs Iceland.

Portugal vs Wales and France vs Germany.

IMO, France vs Portugal in final

Portugal is actually quite a bad team. I think Wales might be able to beat them.

Portugal is actually quite a bad team. I think Wales might be able to beat them.

No way.

They so lucky since the beginning... I think they're gonna get lucky one more time against Wales - though I hope Wales win.

Kudos to the Iceland team and supporters, that was nice to watch them. It'll be a tough job against Germany of course, which is obviously the favourite of the tournament,, but well, we never know.

Ramsey is off (too many yellow cards), they lost their key player. Pepe is doing a great Euro so it will be tough for the forward. Beside Allen, Ramsey and Bale, Wales has no player capable of doing amazing things alone.

My bet goes to Portugal.

France will face Germany at the best time. Khedira is injured and Hummels is off. French really have their chances but defensively they are not good enough.

Khedira, Hummels, Gomez out and Schweinsteiger is maybe out.

Good for France.

Congratulations France, your team played really well!

Best wishes for the Finale.

Thanks.

Even though , IMO, Germany was better.

Thanks.

Even though , IMO, Germany was better.

True yes, Germany is a better team, but the French team wanted it more, and was more lucky.

Griezmann, the new French leader :D :D :D

Want him so bad in PSG for many years!

True yes, Germany is a better team, but the French team wanted it more, and was more lucky.

spot on!

yes germany had great possession and a lot of chances. but what good is it, if you don't score AT ALL. this really showed amazingly well what is wrong with this team. no one is there to simply score. no killer instinct. just half assed at best lucky stuff.

sure the referee seemed biased as fuck and there even was a clear penalty when Schweinsteiger was pushed to the ground. but again. with such a team it doesn't matter, if you score yourself.

reminds you that with all this tactical "dominance" the game is still just about goals after all. very disappointed but after what i saw, i can't say that France didn't deserve it. you simply can't win without scoring. also to all who watched it on german television. amazing analysis by Oliver Kahn. glad to hear someone point out the obvious problem after those weird player interviews.

i was already seeing it coming after the Poland game and pretty much every game except for the Slowakia game. there simply is not enough will or determination to score. Gomez is the only one but ofc he was missing and Müller turned out to be useless, trying to break his curse of not being able to score instead of passing to people in a better position.

good luck to France in the final. there is a good chance with this offensive quality against a team like Portugal who don't entirely focus on holding the ball and defending. after the last two games i see Griezmann being on fire in that game. what a great player. basically embodies everything the german team is missing.

but what the fuck do i know...i'm just drunk and disappointed :lol:

Want him so bad in PSG for many years!

I hope he stays in Spain, he has more to win there than in France (beside the PSG, there is nothing anymore).

Congrats to the French even if the referee did not his job in the first half (Germany could get at least 2 dangerous free kick).

On paper you have a better team than Portugal, you should win your final.

I hope he stays in Spain, he has more to win there than in France (beside the PSG, there is nothing anymore).

Congrats to the French even if the referee did not his job in the first half (Germany could get at least 2 dangerous free kick).

On paper you have a better team than Portugal, you should win your final.

Well, the thing is that so far everybody had, on paper, a better team than Portugal. They still won. Luckiest team of the whole tournament....

The best teams are probably not in the final, but both teams are here for a good reason. The Portuguese team wants to finally win a trophee, and the French one wants to give a positive collective experience to the French people that really, really needs it.

Both teams were quite lucky during the championship, but they also have a soul that pushes their luck a bit.

Another key point is that there's a huge Portuguese community in France, a lot of people with dual citizenship so both teams will be playing at home.

France wins 5-2 vs Iceland.

Portugal vs Wales and France vs Germany.

IMO, France vs Portugal in final

I was right ;)

Well done Portugal.

Rui Patricio + Pepe and a bit of of luck are the men behind the success.

France lost his game once Ronaldo was out and the Portuguese coach changes his tactic. 

A bit of luck? They had more luck than anybody could have asked for....

Luck is obviously part of the game, congratulations to Portugal, it was a tense and tough game (i watched it in a fanzone and that was something...), but the Portuguese defense was great. They finally won a cup.

Portuguese goalkeeper was man of the match IMO yesterday.

And Portugal proved they can win even without Ronaldo :)

Congratulations!

• Like 1

They won only 1 game out of 7.

The most awful team of the tournament won it...

1 victory out of 7 matchs... so disgusting...

And FFS, the hand of Eder ---》 yellow card to Koscielny???

Gosh, the referee was blind...

They won only 1 game out of 7.

The most awful team of the tournament won it...

1 victory out of 7 matchs... so disgusting...

What 1 game? They won 4 games in playoff, what makes them champions. I might have different stats.

Football is about scoring, not about making impression. Something similar I felt in 2010 when Spain got their world cup winning all playoff matches with 1:0. I was not impressed even though they did actually win 6 of 7 games.

And FFS, the hand of Eder ---》 yellow card to Koscielny???

Gosh, the referee was blind...

Agreed. Luckily, following free kick had not lead to a goal, otherwise there could be a scandal.

From the other side, this is part of football too: referees don't have all these replays at hand.

Anyway, you score to win, you score much more to win if referee is blind.