Wiki

Euro 2016

Ireland must beat Belgium now on Saturday to have any hope of progressing. It ain't gonna be easy 

• Like 1

Ireland must beat Belgium now on Saturday to have any hope of progressing. It ain't gonna be easy 

No It will not be, De Bruyne is going to take his revenge after his ugly game last night (first time he's that bad with the team). Many players were under performing for nearly the whole game. It will be an other game, trust me and I would not be surprise if Ireland park the bus in front of their goal.

Hi Simon, a very impressive first half from your Squadra Azzura, the Belgian team level is very far from what it's expected to be.

Belgium play badly and the team wake up after 60 minutes. Italy will be waited from bigger team.

Many people do not know the Belgium team and think they are the best because they were first in the FIFA ranking. If you follow them you can see they always play the same and have difficulties against team like Italy (who has a great tactical/experience level whatever the individuality are). We were just lucky in the past because our player did some good things individually.

We were nowhere before the last world cup and did not participate in any international competition for more than 10 years.

What Belgium is missing is a coach like Conte. Ours has 0 tactical knowledge.

True yes, they were tactically defeated. The second half was far better, it was a kind of Fort Alamo for the Italian goal, and on the whole game a logical score would have been a draw. The Italian team showed how experienced it was, but they won't be able to get so many yellow cards during the next games...

• Like 1

True yes, they were tactically defeated. The second half was far better, it was a kind of Fort Alamo for the Italian goal, and on the whole game a logical score would have been a draw. The Italian team showed how experienced it was, but they won't be able to get so many yellow cards during the next games...

True, Eder should have been booked with a red (after 7 minutes he did receive a big warning) but that's an other story.

French did well plugging away got there in the end, Payet is golden, wouldn't mind him in my Arsenal midfield :D

Big one for us tomorrow vs Wales could be curtains :(

French did well plugging away got there in the end, Payet is golden, wouldn't mind him in my Arsenal midfield :D

True yes, but if we could score before the 88th minute, it would be better for my mental health.

Prof, where are you watching the games?

At home, fanzone or bar?

Prof, where are you watching the games?

At home, fanzone or bar?

Home, i'm too lazzy ;)

• Like 1

So I (unluckily) have England and Belgium in a sweepstake. 

No way in hell I want England to win. 

And can't have Belgium knock Ireland out :p 

Good bye 5 euro. 

• Like 1

Urgh Bale.....45mins England sort it out!

Phew! Thank you sturridge, top effort from wales though. 

What a fantastic win for N. Ireland. Hopefully us southern boys can pull it off on Saturday. 

It was an amazing free kick from Bale, but Hart did shit himself on it though

Crazy game between Czech Republic and Croatia!!!

Amazing game!!!

• Like 1

Congrats to the Czechs for returning into the game. Regarding some of our (Croatian) "fans", I wish I could use AK-47 again...I'm ashamed by their behaviour

AS far as I know those "fans" got beaten up pretty hard by the other croatian fans right after the incident. Serves them bloody well. Croatia only lost because that idiocy totally took the spirit out of the players.

I have nothing against fireworks, on the contrary. But only as long as they are handled responsibly, and NOT thrown on the damn playground.

How the hell did they even get all those flares and bombs past the damn security?

Anti Terror security my ass....

• Like 2

How the hell did they even get all those flares and bombs past the damn security?
Anti Terror security my ass....

Exactly what i was thinking so far

And also i really hate when "supposed fans" are doing such things, they're ruining the soul of sport, and they're not fans but nothing else than offenders, not talking about what some russians supporters behaved in the past days expecially after England Vs Russia, at the end  the victims are: supporters that are there for watching they beloved team representing their country for enjoying an high level football match and the sport itself. Those "supposed fans" or offenders as i like to define them, should be arrested and kept in jail for a bunch of years for vandalism and public disorder

They announced even before the match that they were going to try to get the match suspended and try to get Croatia thrown out of the tournament because they have a conflict with the Croatian FA and they wanted to make them look bad.

Well the situation is complicated. There are indeed A LOT of footballfans on croatia who do anything they can to harm the Croatian FA, since it is a corrupt piece of shit that only serves the interests of a select few. The national team is in fact one of the huge problems and a real showcasde for corruption and nepotism. People in Croatia are really starting to be fed up with all that BS. The guy who was responsible for that hand play for example wasn´t even supposed to be in the bloody team....

But yeah, they announced beforehand that they were going to do this, and still security failed miserably... I was also astonished that it took them that long to extinguish the fire. 

Premier league football games in Croatia are generally not played without the attendance of a full professional firefighter squad, and their equipment.

And to top it off, the guy that was injured by the blast also had no protection. Unthinkable in Croatia...

And don´t get me started on the french police. When I saw them at that Russia vs. England game I couldn´t believe my eyes. They were in training dresses? Are they mad? In Croatia police doesn´t enter a stadion without full riot gear. They look like bloody knights in plate armor. And the french police is just in "casual wear".

Somehow I have the suspicion that the french security was not really prepared for all of this....

The UEFA rents the stadiums and there are private security companies at the entrance to make the search.

So the security is up yo UEFA - not French police in the stadiums.

Plus, it's impossible to make a real high level search when you have at least 40 000 people - or they should arrive at least 6 hours before the game begins.

No surprise that some people manage to get unauthorized things inside.

Anyway, lets get back to football.

Who do you think will win the Euro?

And which countries will reach the final step?

And don´t get me started on the french police. When I saw them at that Russia vs. England game I couldn´t believe my eyes. They were in training dresses? Are they mad? In Croatia police doesn´t enter a stadion without full riot gear. They look like bloody knights in plate armor. And the french police is just in "casual wear".

Somehow I have the suspicion that the french security was not really prepared for all of this....

Well you have to understand the mindset. Yes there is a terrorist threat, but that kind of outfit won't help against that. It will help against riots, but especially inside the stadiums they want to show the nice, tourist friendly side of France since that is what needs to happen to pay for this tournament. That's also why the cameras try to show as little as possible of the things that make the host nation look bad. Before the first riots I could imagine that stance since the last few tournaments were relatively calm in terms of riots and other emergency situations. But post the first riots earlier on law enforcement with proper equipment should have been pre-positioned much closer to the stands than they actually are. After five minutes I still only saw a handful of stewards in orange vests trying to calm people down.

The UEFA rents the stadiums and there are private security companies at the entrance to make the search.

So the security is up yo UEFA - not French police in the stadiums.

Plus, it's impossible to make a real high level search when you have at least 40 000 people - or they should arrive at least 6 hours before the game begins.

No surprise that some people manage to get unauthorized things inside.

Anyway, lets get back to football.

Who do you think will win the Euro?

And which countries will reach the final step?

Germany and Spain