Thanks guys!

I recommend everyone wait to use this for a while... It's broken yet AGAIN.

The addAction Menus are not showing up, and the SDVs are often invisible for us in testing. I have a hotfix for the missing/invisible SDVs right now that I think isn't uploaded yet, but haven't had time to address the bad menus for players. So sorry guys. And I'm sorry for always saying... sorry. Lol.

Just the nature of modding and dev work for games. I'll be working on this in a week or two. I feel like I've been stuck at this dreaded 20% mark for a long time now. Which is why I pushed out the Diving Computer fast, just so there was something a little new.

I haven't even gotten close to getting back to work on the new Lock-Out-Chamber for about 9 months. For those of you who haven't see it yet, you can search for my WIP Thread in the Discussion area for a sneak peak of the framework I did in Blender.

Thanks Dufalator, I'll make a note and keep you in mind. Cool.

• Like 1

- UPDATE -

v0.2.3 Beta
=======================

ADDED: Naval Marker Color Option
CHANGED: Partial re-work of Naval AOs
ADDED: Upgraded SUBs Details (WIP)
CHANGED: Increased Intel to 5min

The Transport/LOC is STILL BROKEN. DO NOT USE. You'll have to teleport yourself around for now if you really want. I was just using this time to upload all my current fixes/work today. I haven't uploaded in a long time. I started to get back into modding ArmA again and should have some new stuff (and a new proper LOC) in the next few weeks. Modeling is done on a few Submarines, and a NEW 4-Man Lockout-Chamber. I just have to do the graphics and config work.

Thanks!

• Like 4

@Von Quest Any idea as to when the next update will be? This mod could be one of the best things in Arma and would go so well with the new USS Freedom!

Not sure. I keep getting sidetracked on other ideas and projects. I was going to wait until I have the new LOC done, but it's taking forever. There isn't much that has been done as of this post (I think).

Maybe I can put a little polish and documentation on what I have done, and do a small update this Friday. I really should get back to working on this.

So easy to get distracted on all the ideas one gets just messing around with ArmA. I'll see what I can do. Watch for an update this weekend......

• Like 1

This is a super cool mod dude.  Thanks!

On 5/21/2017 at 10:05 PM, Von Quest said:

So easy to get distracted on all the ideas one gets just messing around with ArmA.

I know that feeling man!  I need to get back and add features to JBOY Dog, but I keep getting distracted by other ideas!

• Like 1

Thanks!

@everyone

I'll be releasing a small update this weekend. Spent all week crushing some game killing bugs that would have caused too much confusion. I have some docs types up, and a small demo mission to walk you through some of it as well.

I have SIMULATED SUBMARINES working! The 3D models will be in a separate (not required) download. The Subs are placed randomly and at random depths. You can select the numbers like my SCAR add-on. You can select the Intel type also. From Radio Triangulation, to various Satellite reports. Still WIP, but it's further along (don't get too excited).

The enemy subs can Ping you, and Launch Torpedos as well. I have 6 Subs so far plus a next-gen SDV. Some subs can launch Guided Missiles at you if in range (if on land), and called in by OPFOR. There is one SSBN Ballistic sub that will launch on Towns and Cites up to 10km away.

When you use the transport (HMS Proteus) sub, you'll have to Start outside of the Map and plot Nav Points to your destination where you want to deploy from the LOC.

I do not have a time table on the new LOC yet. Hoping for sometime in June. I have an 8-Man LOC modeled (pic under my WIP Thread). And a smaller more realistic 4-Man LOC that's going to be released first (no pics).

I have an Excel Spreadsheet that has all the stats on the Subs on the board so far (sonar, torps, stealth, ranges, etc), but I doubt that will be included in the release this weekend. I have just a few loose ends to address tomorrow, and I'll release something this weekend.

Don't expect much, as it's still clunky and woefully unfinished. The big upgrade is several prototype scripts are ready for public testing with how the enemy may respond if they detect you with their SONAR.

Anyways... Talk you you "Frogmen" laterz! Over & Out.

• Like 5

So, regarding the LOC.  With this new release using the old LOC, is it still broken as far as deployment after readying?  Or will it work in the meantime until you have your spiffy new stuff brought in?

Same clunky (place-holder) LOC. I had a hard time getting the addActions to work if you were underwater, and underneath them. Something changed a few BIS updates ago. The New LOC works great as the controls are built into the model itself. For now I tweaked the addActions and moved the Exit LOC one down to the Flood/Drain Control after it fills with water. So, as far as I can tell it'll mostly work again like before. I several real-life projects going on this year, but it looks promising I can get the first functioning Combat Diver Lockout Chamber released in a few weeks. I should also have the New Submarines released as well. I doubt they will be fully functional, but I just have to get the graphics done, which is mostly just Black right? LOL. So it will be just the static Models for now. I have I think 6 subs so far. Some early pics were posted a while back. Since then I also added a U-Boat style sub, that I think looks bad ass (no pic).

So anyway, getting off topic. But, yeah, It should work as before until the New LOC is ready in roughly 2-4 weeks.

• Like 3

- UPDATE -

v0.3.0 Beta
=======================

ADDED: User Options for Enemy Subs Intel
ADDED: Sub Transport System - User Nav
ADDED: Enemy Submarines (simulated)
ADDED: Enemy Subs will launch Torpedoes
ADDED: Enemy Subs will launch Guided
ADDED: Enemy Subs will launch Ballistic
ADDED: Enemy Subs will deploy Divers
ADDED: Combat Diver Goggles
ADDED: Default Cargo into SDVs
ADDED: Rebreather Bottles into Crate
ADDED: Documentation
ADDED: Demo Intro Mission
CHANGED: Updated Menu System
CHANGED: Several Classnames
TWEAKED: addActions (temp WIP)
TWEAKED: several misc tweaks

Good luck! I'm sure this may be confusing yet, but give her a try. We are about 30% done with this, so there is still a ton to do. More Docs included and a Demo/Example Mission to help guide you. It will still throw a Config Error at the start. Just ignore for now (my apologies). This works best in SP. It failed MP testing last night if the client PC does the Sub Navigation. So use in SP or ONLY have the Host PC run it.

Specific details on Equipment is NOT included (not really needed yet), and specifics on the Enemy Sub Scripts is also not included yet. It may work best if you all just give it a few tests, and then post Feedback and Questions here.

Have fun!!!!!!

• Like 4

Superb work. Also a bit complex and hard system. sadly  when I choose waypoints proteus  can`t be close to enemy . Always says error with TOO CLOSE. and it is very booring to swim 9km to enemy location 

Make sure your are starting OUTSIDE of the Map (in the Black). You have to approach from afar to start. Then you can go anywhere thats -30m or deeper. Unlimited Nav Waypoints.

Awesome!  I played around with this about a year ago and wondered what happened to it. So happy its back. Great work!

Thanks pal!

@everyone

And if it wasn't clear... I'll add a little note to the Enemy Sub Markers:

// Blue Slashes -- SONAR Range.

_ Red Line -- Torpedo Effective Range (then 2% accuracy out to SONAR)

_ Blue Line -- Guided Missile Range (enemy will call a strike if detected)

= Double Green -- Ballistic Range (possible targeted towns, cites, etc)

Worked for a few hours texturing the LOC this weekend. Should still be on schedule for release before the end on the month. I'm not very good at uvmapping and textures, but it's coming along. Also keep in mind it's SP ONLY right now. If used in MP, make sure the Host PC does the Nav.

• Like 1

When I get back into town I'll put in the Attach Explosives to Hulls of Boats. I didn't write this one in full. I have permission, and many thanks to zooloo75. It was going to go into the FUSE add-on, but I'll add it here as well so you can swim under boats, set a timer on the C4, and KABOOM.

It works great in testing. May not work on first release in MP though. Damn MP coding gets me every time. It's such a pain in the arse.

I'll be back in town this week (got to fly my first Beachcraft Aircraft - fuck yeah) and I'll try and do a small update for ya guys. I'll put it in both projects.

I'm way behind schedule again this summer. So sorry. Some things came up and I'm not sure when I'll have the next LOC and Subs ready. Stay tuned....

• Like 3

hey von quest I'm a big fan of your work I was wandering if anyone else has the problem on being unable to exit the LOC to the out side of the sub I can flood the room but cant get the external hatch action to pop up 

Can't remember if it's in the last update or not, but the Exit action was moved to the same box you use to flood the chamber on the floor. The old upper one quit working.

You have to wait for it to flood first, then the action will appear. You may have to be in first-person view to see it.

UPDATE

v0.3.1 Beta
=======================

CHANGED: Misc code tweaks
ADDED: Transition Cut Scene

NOTE: The NEW Lockout Chamber, and Submarine stuff is still in the works. Haven't had much time to work on ArmA this Summer.

• Like 2

Hi @Von Quest Sorry for the stupid questions, but I'm wondering, how can I dive using your mod-set and not drown? Running a vanilla test without your mods, using a NATO diver class unit, with the standard dive suit/goggles/rebreather, I'm having no problems, and can dive and breathe and get the first person oxygen sounds. But using your mods in a mission I'm tinkering with, I am drowning and can't figure out the combination of gear needed. I'm stumped, basically.

The mission has a regular infantry class soldier as the player unit. I go to the arsenal and give him a dive suit/rebreather/goggles like I would with vanilla (this is not sufficient, I drown), and have also tried carrying SR-2 Divox, SR-2 Diluent (only one or the other can go in binoculars slot, so I put one there and place the other in my backpack) and Trident Diving computer as well and I definitely still don't have the ability to breathe under water. 

I must be missing something simple. Any ideas?

Also, once I get this sorted out, how do you detach the SDV from the sub? I can get in the SDV as driver, but I don't see any option to free it from the top of the submarine.