FROGMENRE-BREATHERSOPERATIONSGEARand  SUBMARINES
by  Richard Von Quest

VERSION:  beta v0.6.0
UPDATED:  17 April 2021

DONATE:   Support Project

mT6D1wP.jpg

// INTRODUCTION:
This is the Stand-Alone Module of my Combat Diver System from my SpookWarCom Project. This will focus on the Underwater Environment and the unique elements of the murky and chilling capacity of Combat Diving Operations.

For me, one of the greatest parts of ArmA is the Diving and NEW v1.6 water environment. What an amazing experience for a game. I want to build off the rebreather and add more layers to the SCUBA and explore some deep water possibilities and immersion.

This project will be similar to my HALO Mod, but instead of the extreme altitude, this will focus on the deep sea and combat underwater operations. I want to explore more options of Gear & Systems (mostly fictional) for deep water ops, like salvage, recovery, surveillance, etc. I also will be adding a Submarine or three with the ability to use a Lock-Out Chamber for deploying Spec-Ops, CRRCs and SDVs.

"Brave Men, Dark Waters"

// FEATURES:

• Submarine Transport - HMS Proteus
  • Submarine Composition (destroyer)
  • Submarine Ready Room (Gear-Up)
  • Stingray Rebreather Rig
  • F.R.O.G.S Rebreather Rig
  • SPECTRA Diving Goggles
  • Submarine Navigation Command (mini-game/infil)
  • Submarine Exterior Lighting (WIP)
  • EFX, Sound, and Immersion
  • Lighting: Low, Med, and High Vis
  • SDV Mini-Sub (lock & unlock from Sub)
  • CRRC Zodiacs (inflate/deploy from Sub)

VtWmwqb.jpg

// NOTES:

This is EXPERIMENTAL. You can Enter and Exit from the LOC. Flood and Drain the LOC multiple times. Re-Route of the Submarine possible as well. Multi-Mission capable. Can get a little unstable at times. Use caution. Stay clear of the SDV when Unlocking and Locking, as this is heavy equipment and can injure or kill the player. The same is true for the CRRC. Stay clear when inflating it and especially when detaching it as it will shoot up to the surface when you unlock it. Take care when placing the Sub as it is very hard to find again. GPS recommended for navigation if you want to find, then re-enter the sub.

If playing MP, some features cant be experienced by the client. (I think, untested) Main features have been tested and work fine in MP. The SCUBA and other sections of this Mod are still under development. This part is ready for public testing and feedback. The first LOC broke and I hastily had to re-do it, so this is a "test / low res" placeholder version only. I have some better stuff coming as part of a bigger package and Submarine Project.

// KEYBINDING:

Shift + F

// REQUIRED:
1. CBA A3 - Community Based Addons A3

// DONATE:

x7loD5s.png

D7Bj1Mj.png
COMBAT DIVER PROJECT
Von Quest Industries

// LICENSE:

Bx6eSxo.png

Spoiler

ARMA PUBLIC LICENSE NO DERIVATIVES (APL-ND)

DO NOT CHANGE and UPLOAD ANYWHERE. You are free to modify for personal use ONLY. Please DO NOT UPLOAD ON ANY SERVERS, STEAM, etc. Please DO NOT contact me asking for permission to change, tweak, modify, alter, etc and use on Steam, or for your milsim group, friends, etc.

If you want to use any of my projects, then users MUST DOWNLOAD or SUBSCRIBE to this Project. If you like this project, then just download it as-is, fully intact, and use as a normal mod. Any and all requests will be ignored.

I'm offering two possible exceptions. 1.Mention the password: New England Clam Chowder. And cite a good strong case as to what you want, and be specific with your request. This proves to me you at least care enough to have READ this page. If you like this mod, please Click Subscribe. 2.The second way is to BRIBE ME. Click on any Donate/Support link and then PM me with the request(s). No guarantees! This is to only show support, and get my attention. The more donations, the faster I can update, and honor requests.

// CREDIT & THANKS:

*n/a

• Like 24

Oh my! This makes me tingle with excitment! Very happy more Sea based mods will sprout up due to Tanoa! This is the perfect step!

EDIT:

NVM Im blind, no coffee yet...

Lovely mod :)

Perhaps the readme can help you learn how to use the features? I'm not home so I can't check.

I really can't wait to use this one. I've been wanting to make a sub-infiltration mission for awhile. Documentation for an idiot like me would be great. :)

I loved all  you mod :notworthy:  :notworthy:  :notworthy:  :notworthy:  :notworthy: Hey man how you add to prometeus submarine?????

thank for the video,help me alot :D  :D  :D

Downloading :)  I've been looking for an addon that adds more to diving in arma 3!

That S#!T right there...

friggin genius... awesome job man... just tested ... works great!

Sounds like a great addon but can't make heads or tails on how to make it work even after reading the txt file. Is there any kind of example mission? :unsure:

Ill see if I can throw a quick vanilla one together... have you got Tanoa?

• Like 1

Ill see if I can throw a quick vanilla one together... have you got Tanoa?

Yes sir sure do! Thanks Cosmic10r much appreciated.

Vengeance

Has anybody been able to enter the sub from the water every time attempt it bugs and im floating between the sub and loc out chamber half out the water. I can get into the sub fine through the normal way of transporting from the laptop. I know its very much work in progress on the loc out chamber just wondering if any body else has experienced this. any feed back appreciated.      

• Like 1

Ok...

I really like this mod so I did up a quick tutorial vid and the mission is here as well to give it a try.

The vid doesnt show the SDV or the CRRC. Just how to get it all going so you can play from there.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/3ndrtuq47ehejtd/VQI%2520Divers.Tanoa.zip?dl=0

edit

quick note... the panel for the CRRC and the SDV is just in front of the SDVs. you will see two little lit panels on the top of the sub and from there you can control the smaller craft via Addactions.

• Like 5

Thanks for the vid.

I can add, also there is a laptop in the room he was in. On the upper tables. That has even more options. From INSIDE the Sub you can also plot the course (transport) and even set the SDV loadouts to supplement your mission.

We also gear-up in a Tactical Ops Center before the Sub stuff. In the vid he is using a small Backpack, which is why he could not get some other gear in there. I recommend a Carryall for complicated infil (like my HALO). The NEW Tac Center is coming soon as well. A week or so. You'll be able to do EVERYTHING from inside there. Those of you familiar with the CORE know what I'm referring to.

And yes. The Controls for the SDVs and Zodiacs are in front of the 2 SDVs attached piggyback to the Proteus Submarine.

Sorry for the lack of detailed docs for this one. I was leaving town, and wanted to get this out before I left. I'm back now, and can answer questions in detail if needed.

@KENNETH03
Not sure what you mean. What do you mean by "add"? Objects in the ReadyRoom or the Crates?

Oh! And for everyone, when you Flood or Drain the chamber, stay off the floors, walls and ceiling. Sometimes it will glitch. I have a proper one coming. This was just the clucky placeholder.

When you Drain the chamber... stay on the surface of the water while it drains. Then right when you can touch the bottom when it's almost empty, start to walk back and forth. This will prevent you from clipping through the bottom. The game needs to detect object touching object when transitioning from swim-to-walking.

Keep in mind this is only v0.2 - I have alot more to do yet. The Updates and re-writing these into stand-alones put me, like months behind schedule.

• Like 1

No worries... it's very well done as is so I am excited to see next version. I found that laptop u mentioned and you can set some nice default load outs etc... and do lots more stuff so I may re do that vid with a few more of the features...

Really great work man.

Has anybody been able to enter the sub from the water every time attempt it bugs and im floating between the sub and loc out chamber half out the water. I can get into the sub fine through the normal way of transporting from the laptop. I know its very much work in progress on the loc out chamber just wondering if any body else has experienced this. any feed back appreciated.      

Is the sub on the surface? 

I've had trouble getting into the sub when it's on the surface.

It seems to work just fine when the sub is submerged.

Thanks stburr91 you've made my day :)   Yes i was trying to do it from the surface only and as that did not work i had not tried it with it submerged. i much prefer this way my entering the sub rather then transport from an item it adds a touch more realism. Its good mixing this with leap going from a para jump to sub insert reminds me of one of the scenes from act of valor.

Von hope you had some good r and r the weekend you deserved it looking forward to see how these mods progress :D       

• Like 1

Thanks man.

I'll streamline this a bit more so it's less confusing. I'll make it automatic for the addAction on the Sub itself for when its on the surface each time, and only on the surface. Right now you have to set the option from the module. Which adds a step. You have to place the Sub on the surface as part of the transport request. Then you have to get out to the Sub. Either ParaJump or Heli insertion and drop into the water. Then swim up to the Sub. There will be a menu option on the tower/sail to enter from there.

It adds a bit more realism as it simulates you have to rendezvous with the sub that's already out at sea.

Then once inside, you have to plot a course from there from the laptop inside the ReadyRoom.

It also doesn't help there is no detailed docs right now. I'll try and type some stuff up for the next update. Thanks guys.

• Like 1

Did a first multiplayer side op using this yesterday

one issue we had is the the whole sub was almost flooded due to the fact i had set the waves as very rough at mission start

everything else worked great  and we was able to complete our first Seal op :ph34r:

looking forward to the black ops center update  :D

Who makes addons like this? You're a nut. This thing is weird and awesome.

• Like 2

LOL. Thanks. :wacko:

Who makes addons like this? You're a nut. This thing is weird and awesome.

Someone not of the human variety...

OH MY GOD VON IS A REPTOID!

GET XCOM ON THE LINE!

• Like 1