klamacz

AI Driving - Feedback topic

Dear developers,

I must say ARMA3 is a huge leap from ARMA2 and very enjoyable, were it not for one mood issue: AI driving. Groups with only one vehicle move fine on the various maps.
However, convoy driving with two vehicles staying together, not to mention convoy of 4 or more cars/trucks etc. is really poor. That was certainly much better in ARMA2.

Since it is quite obvious that ARMA3 remain be the key BIS sim in this line for a few years with addons still coming out regularly, is there any chance to get this topic revisited?

Particularly the AI vehicles bumping often into static objects, other vehs is quite annoying. Better preplanning would be nice, and more steady formation keeping/driving.
Also, eliminating those events where a crash between (PhysX?) objects at specific angles will lead to vehicles being flung around weiredly, or pushed below ground/launched skywards would help much to mitigate poor driving.

• Like 2

AI vehicles get stuck in players bases, specialy if players make their base in streets.

Most of the buildings are simple objects. May be AI don't see simple objects?

With better computers we have today, AI driving have more room to be improved?

The ai vehicle aspect; be it cars, convoys, helos and planes have been left in a desolate place by BI. I consider arma 3 not a single player game anymore because the most basic vehicle tasks cannot reliably be performed by the ai, its aggrevating and frustrating.

You might try this mod collection at it improved AI driving substantially, with the only caveat that you can sometimes walk through vehicles and the enemy won't dismount and shoot you or try to run you over... yet.  And I'm still working out some bugs and trying to improve the combo.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1rMjgj4mtEF89RvGmwwuet9RyhxO15ysE/view?usp=sharing