Spoiler

Check out the June 2016 Development Update

Project Reality: ArmA 3

Project Reality: ArmA 3 is an attempt to capture the gameplay elements of the
popular Project Reality: Battlefield 2 mod and deliver them in a seperate
game mode for Arma 3, without creating an exact clone of the original mod.

Gameplay, coordination and communication play as big of a role as the openness
to modern concepts and influences.
While we are trying to make the entry barrier as low as possible, we will still include
the depth and complexity that would be expected from a Project Reality version in Arma 3.
The catch phrase 'Easy to learn, hard to master' really shapes the whole project.

From a technical standpoint it is worth noting that we are developing a very robust
code base with longlivety and flexibility in mind.
This also means that modders, mission creators and communities can take full advantage
of the mod to extend it or even create their own versions of it.
Most importantly though, customization will be very user friendly for the mission maker

When designing features and systems we're trying to make them work hand in hand with
Arma 3 base features, thus UI elements will fit in nicely with the rest of the Arma 3 HUD.

This team behind the mod has been established by avid Arma 3 players who are coming
from various communities that enjoy tactical and team-oriented experiences within Arma 3.
This common goal strengthens our willingness to create the best possible game mode that
we would enjoy and hopefully you aswell.

To summarize, PRA3 is going to be released as an open-source framework that delivers
a very compelling, teamplay oriented game mode in Project Reality fashion right off the bat.

Core Features

• AAS Gamemode
  • Custom UI
  • High Performance
  • Logistics System
  • Medical System
  • Marker System
  • Squad Management System
  • Deployment System
  • Kit & Vehicle Restrictions
  • Commander

Development Team

Bluedrake42 - Project Manager
Founder of Drakelings Community

Hoegnison - Development Lead
ArmA3 Scripting Tutorials

jokoho482 -Scripting, Performance
Developer for ACE, CBA, CUP und AME

NetFusion - Scripting, UI
Developer for AME and ArmAWorld

BadGuy - Scripting, Config, UI

Raven - Scripting

Ribbon - Video Editor & Public Relations

Mitsu - UI Design & Public Relations
Contributor for CUP

Media & Links

Playtest Trailer by Joko482

PRA3 GitHub

PRA3 Twitter

PRA3 DevBlog (German)

PRA3 Livestreams (English)

Original post in spoiler above.

This topic is no longer supported, because the project has moved to another development team.

Our continuation of PRA3 will be available soon.
Thanks.

• Like 16

What does AAS stand for?

Advance And Secure
  • Like 1

Been waiting forever for this.  Glad to see some updates finally.  Keep up the good work, guys.

Why are you guys spending development time on a custom groups system instead of using/modifying the new BIS one?

Really looking forward to this. Been following the progress on YouTube.

This is fantastic, thanks for continuing the good work of getting the Arma3 Engine the gameplay it deserves!

Been waiting forever for this.  Glad to see some updates finally.  Keep up the good work, guys.

Why are you guys spending development time on a custom groups system instead of using/modifying the new BIS one?

Though I'm more on the creative side of things I can share a bit of insight on this.

We want the groups to be as dynamically adjustable as possible and extend their functionality down the road. The vanilla group system just didn't do it for us.

I'm sure one of the Scripters can chime in and maybe explain it from a more technical standpoint.

This is fantastic, thanks for continuing the good work of getting the Arma3 Engine the gameplay it deserves!

We believe that Arma is a great platform for a project like this and hope that we do justice by creating a gamemode that promotes teamplay and communication and puts you on the edge when you have to face off real players and not twitchy AI.

Any news?  :)

Absolutely, we've re-written our core modules, in fact we've written a complete core library for our project which is now named CLib.

Lot's of optimization server and client side. We added networking compression to further improve performance between server and client.

We're running performance tests every 2 weeks and bigger playtests every 4 weeks. 

A lot of things are currently being revisited and we try to get a very reliable and stable code base before we move onto the pretty things like UI and Game Mechanics.

UI Redesign is in progress and we're working with our QA Team to refine gameplay and it's mechanics.

Yeah, would love to hear how this is progressing!

We'll try to be more active here, holidays slowed down progress but we're back on track.

• Like 1

This looks really promising. Is there a way we can get a build to test on our server?

This looks really promising. Is there a way we can get a build to test on our server?

Afaik you can download the server mod, upload it to your server and let one of the mission run but I'm not sure if it's currently supported to work outside of our test environment. We're preparing a public release in the near future so you guys can host it on a 24/7 server.

• Like 1

Afaik you can download the server mod, upload it to your server and let one of the mission run but I'm not sure if it's currently supported to work outside of our test environment. We're preparing a public release in the near future so you guys can host it on a 24/7 server.

I will, just for the hell of it, take a look at it. Thanks and eagerly awaiting the release.

Holy god I'm looking forward to this :)

We will host a playtest on the 12th November 1000 GMT and 1900 GMT.

You can join our Discord server to get the latest info: http://discord.me/pra3

• Like 1

Hi, are you developing this mod to be played by other communities and implemented on their own server as well? 

Okay, I guess reading well is difficult...found my answer:

"To summarize, PRA3 is going to be released as an open-source framework that delivers
a very compelling, teamplay oriented game mode in Project Reality fashion right off the bat."
  • Like 1

Hi, are you developing this mod to be played by other communities and implemented on their own server as well? 

Okay, I guess reading well is difficult...found my answer:

We'd love to see communities pick up PRA3 that are interested in PVP. In the future we will expand game modes so things like PVP Insurgency, HVT Extraction or small scale Sector Control will be available and add variety.

COOP is not yet planned but also not off the table.

• Like 2

How often is the A3PR server up?

The DRK community is currently hosting a 24/7 server.

Server: 64.94.95.82:2141

Pass: pra3