Sign in to follow this  
pierremgi

"specific" lag when boarding disembarking vehicles

Hi,

I didn't find similar topic. Since 1.60, I experience severe lag (black screen, FPS drop to 0), lasting 5 to 10 seconds, each time I embark or disembark a vehicle. This happens during some public MP missions like Greuh Liberation ones . First I thought it was a bad scripted HALO jump, but finally it happens on any vehicle. This server seems to me the most impacted but there are some others with this kind of lags. Anyone else experienced that?

most likely bad servers and or bad missions also if a server lets you join with mods which are not include in the server its going to cause lag... 

most likely bad servers and or bad missions also if a server lets you join with mods which are not include in the server its going to cause lag... 

Understood! On the other hand, it's a little bit tedious to choose your mods prior to join a server!

I never know what servers will be reachable with an acceptable ping in my remote country.

Perhaps, one day, the list of strictly mandatory addons for a server, will be displayed, then you could choose these addons from the server list, and join without restarting Arma. But I dream.

For now, i'm playing with RHS + CUP + UNSUNG + WW2, not to mention CBA and little addons like mag repack.., even if i'm playing a basic Escape ALTIS "in despair", waiting for better ping moments.