Sign in to follow this  
svarun

Task specific Icon

Hello.

I am trying to use the Task Type Icon from the new overhaul but I can't seem to get it working.

I've read the wiki, but I still don't understand what I have to write there so that icon will work.

Any help would be much appreciated.

icon.jpg

You'd type in one of the options from this list:

https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Arma_3_Tasks_Overhaul#Appendix

I did that first and it didn't work. Icon remains as default.

From my testing this attribute doesn't work. I've reported that here, still waiting for a reply.

https://forums.bistudio.com/topic/188904-tasks-overhaul/page-4#entry3035245

I had the same experience.

Worked for me in Dev Build at least.  Typed in run and got this:

N4zm6SE.jpg

That's odd, I was on stable when I tested that, gonna recheck that on dev.

It works on dev, but not on stable, can anyone confirm?

It has been working for me on stable in single player testing in the editor and when exporting missions, however I have not tried testing it from a downloaded mission like from the workshop, nor have I tried it in any sort of multiplayer environment. I've just been writing the term in all lower case and it's been working for me. Quite nice actually, I like the feature. Hoping for more icons in the future as well.

Unless this issue just started today, because I haven't fired up the game since yesterday. If it's some new development today then disregard my claims.

• Like 1

It's working for me. Have also exported to SP from the editor and worked there as well. 

• Like 1

The Task Type only works with the Config values in CfgTaskTypes, the documentation does (or used to) state that you can define your own. However, last time I checked the function file the lookup for MissionConfigFile was not there. Hopefully this will be extended in the future.

Here are some values to use: "Attack","Defend","Move","1"..."9","A"...."Z".

Hope this answers your question,

Bull

• Like 1

Thanks for all the answers.

I've got it working! Turns out it was case sensitive, attack does not work, while Attack does.

Thank you for help.

Turns out it was case sensitive, attack does not work, while Attack does.

It should not be case sensitive to just adding a capital letter to the front. It sounds like something else is going on. I've used all lower case without issue.

Hmm, in 1.66 stable I can't get task icons to work.  In Create Task module, the "Task Type" box shows an empty drop-down menu, and it is impossible to type anything in there.  Am I missing something?  Obviously there is some way to get it to work, as I have seen the fancy task icons in some missions.  Hopefully one doesn't have to manually edit the mission.sqm.

Edit:  There are at least two tickets for the issue in the tracker.  The only way I could get the cool icons to display for tasks in mission briefing at very start of SP mission was to edit the mission.sqm for the tasks.  Adding calls to BIS_fnc_taskSetType to init.sqf or in a trigger would only display them in map during mission, not on map in initial briefing.  What a hassle.  :-(

class Attribute1
    {
     property="ModuleTaskCreate_F_Type";
     expression="_this setVariable ['Type',_value,true];";
     class Value
     {
      class data
      {
       class type
       {
        type[]=
        {