Sign in to follow this  
pharoah

Tanoa - I see what you've done

hi guys

I grew up in Fiji and am quite proud and at the same time sort of freaked out that Fiji can be replicated in ARMA3. Therefore as I few around Tanoa today I could automatically pick out the landmarks, the buildings, the little things that probably 99% of players wouldn't know (or care) about. All I can say is well done to the Devs. The little things like:

- the foliage - the little black balabala (little black statues shaped into chiefs' heads), the mango trees, the small bush with purple leaves, the yellow leaves, etc - head to Fiji and you'll see what I mean

- how you've remade the town of Levuka on the Western most island - I recognise the church, the houses, the sheds, the jetty built by the Japanese for the PAFCO tuna canning factory. Although it looks like you may have reproduced the Suva cemetary in this town instead of Suva..fair enough....atleast you put it on a slope like the real version

- how you've basically recreated Georgetown into Suva...yep, the buildings are pretty much a direct replication of the real life versions...even to the Sacred heart cathedral - my house overlooked this church

Thank you BI - I don't live there anymore but you've brought back so many memories. 

Well done. 

Pharoah

ps. I'm not sure what Uncle Frank would think of it (but then again he sort of plays the 'real life' ARMA) :P 

• Like 41

Thank you, Pharoah, I am very glad that you are able to recognize your homeland so well. We really took care, as best as we could, to research and capture the spirit of Fijian environment. See you on Tanoa! :P

• Like 14

Y'know, I loved Tanoa already, but hearing it lives up to the spirit of its inspiration from someone who lived there is icing on the cake! Cool to hear this! :D

Plus I approve of the username so there's that.

Im a going to buy the expansion for the respect of game and BIS developers and for what they have done this last decade. Not for the content itself or for what the game it has become.

Just a mater of respect/

• Like 2

I was having a hard time placing it but yes...

I was In Fiji 20 years ago and it captures much of the feel...

Maybe just make the water a little more brown by the industrial port ;)

So where is beachcomber island...

Wouldn't mind going back for a dive at the supermarket ;)

lol in most of the houses displayed (esp out of the main towns/cities), the doors don't have locks IRL. I think you can't really interact with anything as yet because BI haven't allowed us to.

in the meantime, just go for a walk in the jungle (this isn't Australia...there's very very few things that can kill you in the bush...we don't have leaches or deadly snakes or really deadly spiders...just a few iguanas, some tree snakes and a few centipedes. The centipedes are the worst though) or have a swim in the nearby ocean. Sure IRL there's a lot of sharks but meh :P