Sign in to follow this  
Delta-05

Are they going to update for Mac?

My friend wanted to know if they will update arma 3 at all for mac?

Nobody knows yet. Still waiting myself to see if they do.

Heres the problem with Mac, its stuck with OpenGL4.1... Mac won't allow or support any OGL above that, they also have their own CLOSED API called Metal API, Apple likes BLOCKING software (even open-source) by ensuring the drivers for their platform never support them, such as OGL4.2-4.5 and Vulkan.

This as you imagine makes developing under Mac rather difficult, BIS(I mean the 3rd party company) will need to effectively disable allot of higher graphics functions in their Mac versions of the game in order to make it run, this should be doable but is a rather pain in the butt to manage.

If BIS someday decide to use Vulkan, they can 'probably' use a  Vulkan to Metal API conversion tool that the community will no doubt come up with. Apple has REALLY shot themselves in the foot with their extremely closed platform, essentially blocking 'certain' open-source projects like Vulkan/OGL4.2++. Its going to destroy development for the platform in time, unless Metal API comes to Linux and Windows also (this will never happen).

@TheRiddick: A bunch of what you describe is almost certainly a factor in why Bohemia severely downplayed both the Linux and Mac versions in public promoting (i.e. not labeling as SteamPlay on Steam Storefront).

btw i cant find shit on servers for mac osx, are there any anymore and how can i find them easier, it would be much apreciated if you replied, :ph34r: thx