Sign in to follow this  
veles-zv

Arma 3 Cut content in APEX? please :(

Cut content should be brought back or at the very least should be left in the game files for the community to play with however the F35, shotgun and female civilians should be brought into the game :(

what do you guys think, do you think that this content is worth having?  

• Like 3

Releasing cut content with the Arma 3 Samples would be great for those trying to figure out different things than what's provided.

• Like 1

The F-35 was a placeholder, not cut content which is why it only appeared in very early screenshots of A3 when we only saw Altis from afar.
It doesn't visually fit with the rest of the assets, it was great for its time but that time has passed, but if you wish to see it then its likely availible in a mod pack that brings over A2 content.
That said, if you want a more up to date F-35 then I highly recommend browsing for the F-37.

There are still unfinished attachments in the weapons pbo , if they aren't going in the game - at least make a samples out of them or a official addon

Plus some shotgun wouldn't be bad idea tho

• Like 5

There are still unfinished attachments in the weapons pbo

They should definitely chuck it in a modpack if they're worried about licensing issues.

While the unused ones like the DCL-120 would be out of scope (since it's only suitable for being mounted on heavy weapons anyway), the SRS and ACOG at the very least, would be wonderful additions to the existing optics lineup. There's also the Osprey suppressor which would be perfect for mounting on the 4-Five instead of it reusing the same suppressor model used by the 9mm handguns.

They should definitely chuck it in a modpack if they're worried about licensing issues.

While the unused ones like the DCL-120 would be out of scope (since it's only suitable for being mounted on heavy weapons anyway), the SRS and ACOG at the very least, would be wonderful additions to the existing optics lineup. There's also the Osprey suppressor which would be perfect for mounting on the 4-Five instead of it reusing the same suppressor model used by the 9mm handguns.

While it's true the DCL-120 is a Heavy MG optic but it can be also used on other machine guns like M240 etc

DCL-110.jpg

Yes it looks goofy but it could be at least as a usable proxy optic for any static or vehicle MG if you like

About that Osprey suppressor should be .45's default suppressor not the 9mm one ha

also there is TLR-3 light attachment for the FNX pistol , that was later used in Dayz - http://dayz.gamepedia.com/Pistol_Flashlight

• Like 1

Plus some shotgun wouldn't be bad idea tho

This is a must for every jungle warfare, SAS used them in the cbq jungle with great sucess

• Like 1

it's kinda illegal to use shotguns in war by the Hague Convention in WWI as "causing unnecessary suffering."  because a pellet is hard to get out. That could be it, but it will be cool to have a shotgun with dragon breath

it's kinda illegal to use shotguns in war by the Hague Convention in WWI as "causing unnecessary suffering."  because a pellet is hard to get out. That could be it, but it will be cool to have a shotgun with dragon breath

It might be one of the reasons why they removed it.

Nope , the real reason was the arma engine itself because originally A3 was getting KSG shotgun - arma doesn't have proper chambering system that would work properly with the shotguns

and then of course there was the animation reason - pumping after each shot

A3 still can have a proper shotgun even without those features - like semi auto shotguns Saiga , Vepr , AA-12 etc

• Like 3

It's more because the current magazine/animation system doesn't support shotguns properly, not because it's "illegal" in real life or anything (come on guys, Arma is still a game at the end of the day). BI also used the Geneva Convention excuse to explain why you're unable to put on enemy uniforms because there is no way to "disguise" a unit without resorting to scripts.

You can't feed exactly one shell into a shottie without resorting to scripts like what BlackPixxel did with his UTS-15 for example, nor are there any non-scripted ways of animating a pump-action shotgun.

Either way you can forget about shotguns coming back anytime soon since the devs themselves deem it low priority, and certainly not in time for the Apex release.

EDIT: RH is a ninja.

• Like 2

Its not. The reason they removed it is because of the massive issue with reloads and reload times. Not only is the arma3 animation terrible, but there is no system for partial reloading of a weapon. A shotgun with a max capacity of 5 rounds, with 3 rounds fire (leaving two in the 'tube') when reloaded would reload the full 5 rounds and not just the 3 rounds needed to 'fill' the weapon. This goes for both the animation (playing the 5-round reload regardless) and there is no coding system in place for removing individual rounds from the inventory. Granted, this argument is null and void when you consider the many magazine-fed shotguns there are (AA-12, USAS-12, Jackhammer, SAIGA 12 etc), but I doubt they'll bother doing so much 'behind the scenes' work for such little 'in front of the scenes' gain...

EDIT: Ninja'ed by two people...I must be getting old.

• Like 3

What about the xm25 ? any reason why it might have been cut ?

What about the xm25 ? any reason why it might have been cut ?

That's the interesting one , maybe because it didn't had a proper FCS to it ? i have no idea

That's the interesting one , maybe because it didn't had a proper FCS to it ? i have no idea

I would imagine it would have been the single most complicated weapon to code in game.

Shame though since it could have opened the door for all kinds of airbursting weapons in game.

It was probably scrapped because they ran into a roadblock with the lack of air burst functionality as it's not possible to to simulate air burst ammo right now without scripting (no class in CfgAmmo supports it). So in its current form it would be essentially nothing more than a glorified semi-auto grenade launcher with a scope.

They did go pretty far into development with it judging by the fact that made a pretty detailed looking UI for it:

tFwH8L3.jpg

The standard distance-to-target rangefinder is in the middle, but you can actually change the air burst distance (the 520 on the right hand corner) if you set a custom key for it, though it does nothing since there's no way to set launched grenades to explode at the distance you specified.

The F-35 was a placeholder, not cut content which is why it only appeared in very early screenshots of A3 when we only saw Altis from afar.

It doesn't visually fit with the rest of the assets, it was great for its time but that time has passed, but if you wish to see it then its likely availible in a mod pack that brings over A2 content.

That said, if you want a more up to date F-35 then I highly recommend browsing for the F-37.

yeah but the F37 is not a vtol its just another boring Fighter/ cas plane in terms of gameplay...I use it, it looks great, but i want a vtol. reasoning for wanting one is because i heard that "due to engine limitations a proper jet vtol is not possible" however im not 100% sure of that as the V22 port from Cup works perfectly... all the vtols in armaholic are stvol vtol is only for landing sure that might be realistic but this is arma and the helicopters for AFM do not take in ammo or fuel amount for performance just to make a point. 

yeah but the F37 is not a vtol its just another boring Fighter/ cas plane in terms of gameplay...I use it, it looks great, but i want a vtol. reasoning for wanting one is because i heard that "due to engine limitations a proper jet vtol is not possible" however im not 100% sure of that as the V22 port from Cup works perfectly... all the vtols in armaholic are stvol vtol is only for landing sure that might be realistic but this is arma and the helicopters for AFM do not take in ammo or fuel amount for performance just to make a point. 

https://forums.bistudio.com/topic/161548-f-35b-lightning-ii/

maybe even CUP have the old X-35 in there , not sure

If Bis will one day release a "director's cut" pack, I want to see this included:

8Pig6E7.jpg

https://youtu.be/Uyp1OlgW6xY

I would pay for a SciFI DLC instead of just another weapons pack! 

• Like 1

Hague never states shotgun as "causing unnecessary suffering", it was a baseless speculation made by random people.

In fact, Hague has very vague define on what a "unnecessary suffering" is, how about hand grenades? or M193 5.56mm?

It was probably scrapped because they ran into a roadblock with the lack of air burst functionality as it's not possible to to simulate air burst ammo right now without scripting (no class in CfgAmmo supports it). So in its current form it would be essentially nothing more than a glorified semi-auto grenade launcher with a scope.

They did go pretty far into development with it judging by the fact that made a pretty detailed looking UI for it:

The standard distance-to-target rangefinder is in the middle, but you can actually change the air burst distance (the 520 on the right hand corner) if you set a custom key for it, though it does nothing since there's no way to set launched grenades to explode at the distance you specified.

Just wondering, didn't some guy back in ArmA1 made airburst rounds for M1 Abrams? Part of realistic M1 FCS system.

Just wondering, didn't some guy back in ArmA1 made airburst rounds for M1 Abrams? Part of realistic M1 FCS system.

I just remember waterhiro's K11 doing a fairly good job at replicating air burst simulation (although that was in A2 vanilla, not A1).

But anything done in the previous games (and probably the Abrams one that you remember too) is done through scripting. BI always avoids scripted solutions in favour of engine ones; which is understandable given that it's far more performance friendly to do so and less prone to bugs in MP.

Perhaps they'll come up with a solution in a future update or DLC after Apex. They came up with an engine-based solution to weapon resting and bipods after so many years, so maybe it might just be possible in the future...

If there's any "cut" content i want to see make an appearance in Apex, it would be the shotguns, XM-25, and the other variants of APC's like the Nemo AMV, and HQ AMV. But it would have to show up free for all, respectfully. The shotgun can go to the Ex-Paramilitary faction in Apex as well as the FIA, after all, shotguns like that are easy to obtain. NATO of course would get the KT-Shotgun. But to be honest, i'd rather BI spend that little extra time they have making new fitting content rather than refurbishing old ones, at least at this point Perhaps they can do that in a future update as sort of a "reinforcement pack" like they did with the AAF.

Please don;t hate me, but you can wish and speculate in the APEX thread :)

Locking

• Like 1