Sign in to follow this  
sic-disaster

[SiC] Cache Hunt - Tanoa

In this mission you are tasked with finding two weapons caches hidden in the jungle on central Tanoa.

The mission has now been updated to include Apex units, voice-overs and has various other fixes:

- All enemies changed to Syndikat forces.
- CSAT units changed to Pacific versions.
- Behaviourial change to some enemies upon contact.
- Changed all references of FIA to Syndikat troops.
- Locked all Syndikat vehicles.
- Removed redundant message from HQ.
- Made friendly squad kneel at the tripwire while holding.
- No longer requires CBA.
- Added voice-acting.
- Added ambient goat and chicken sound.
- Added music from the Tropico Soundtrack.
- Updated briefing with credits for voice-acting and music.
- Added some combat-interruptible ambient animations to Syndikat troops.
- Some syndikat troops in the first encampment will crouch when they see an enemy, rather than the default prone reaction.
- Changed loadscreen/workshop image to reflect new CSAT units.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=700046351

• Like 7

A pleasant nice mission.

The vehicule didn't start so I had to do the mission alone.

Thx again for sharing !

A few things:

- you should use chinese faces. We already know CSAT will be of asian origin on Tanoa.

- Please don't call the enemy "FIA" - we aren't on Altis. :>

- At the end of the mission, the BLUFOR infantry marker is shown. Should be the OPFOR marker instead.

Interesting locations you've found there, ideal shacks to construct rebel hideout around them in 3den. Nice walk through the jungle too. Thanks for the content. 

It looks nice!

Are you using some filters or visual enhancement?

Or is it purely vanilla?

Also, I think you should hide the waypoints (make them "never visible") :)

Just played  through and had a good time on this...

Thanks for sharing!

Exactly why I dont explore new islands -save the immersion for a fresh mission experience. I like the pacing rather than running everywhere but godDayum this Island is AMAZING!

PS:

You gotta play with Bloodlust. Exploding cache sends bodyparts of dead enemies literally hundreds of yards across jungle

A few things:

- you should use chinese faces. We already know CSAT will be of asian origin on Tanoa.

- Please don't call the enemy "FIA" - we aren't on Altis. :>

- At the end of the mission, the BLUFOR infantry marker is shown. Should be the OPFOR marker instead.

- something I plan to do when the expansion units arrive. No need to manually mess around with assigning faces and such just yet. I'll give them setting-appropriate clothing and all that.

- again something I plan to change a bit later. But for now the FIA is exactly what they are.

- That's definitely something I want to do but didn't find the reference for the OPFOR marker.

Also, the issue with the car not driving is strange. I've never experienced it myself, and no special scripts are being run. It's simply the AI following a move-waypoint, nothing special going on. Maybe an AI mod is conflicting here somehow?

The video isn't mine but was made by Jeza.

The units arrived already. :P Everything is on the dev-branch.

"b_inf" should be the BLUFOR marker, then "o_inf" is the OPFOR marker.

Aye, I just saw :P I was away on a long weekend. I've been working on an update for the mission, but before I put it out there I'm awaiting some voice-acting to be done. But here's the changelist so far:

- Changed faction icon on mission finish to the CSAT one.

Once I get voice-overs for HQ and the Squad Leader, I'm pushing it out onto the Workshop. In case any one sees this and wants to help, here's the lines I need:

HQ:

Ok, listen up Armadillo. It is no secret the enemy hides in the jungle. Today we have received intel of two possible weapons cache locations.

The Syndikat move them around all the time, and you are the nearest squad. That's why you are going in alone.

This area has been quiet for quite some time now, and history has shown that the Syndikat disperses in quiet times.

Hence why we suspect these caches to have a skeleton crew guarding them.

Though we suspect resistance will be light, stay aware of possible boobytraps.

Good luck Armadillo. HQ out.

Squad leader:

"Ok, file formation. Stay close, and keep a lookout."

"And deadly. Keep your eyes open, damn you."

"Ok, Diamond formation! Get set for contact!"

"Whoah, hold up! There's a tripmine ahead! Gabur, go and disable it!"

"Those sneaky motherfuckers! Ok, let's move around these rocks for now."

"Well done, private!"

"Ok, let's prevent any more surprises and cut through the jungle here."

"Shut up Private."

"Ok, well done. Let's go home.";

The update to the mission is now live! Funnily enough, "o_inf" doesn't seem to work for the mission ending icon. It stays blue.

- Added voice-acting.
- Added ambient goat and chicken sound.
- Added music from the Tropico Soundtrack.
- Updated briefing with credits for voice-acting and music.
- Added some combat-interruptible ambient animations to Syndikat troops.
- Some syndikat troops in the first encampment will crouch when they see an enemy, rather than the default prone reaction.
- Changed loadscreen/workshop image to reflect new CSAT units.
  • Like 1

The update to the mission is now live! Funnily enough, "o_inf" doesn't seem to work for the mission ending icon. It stays blue.

You probably have to adjust the icon color as well. This should do the trick:

pictureColor[] = {0.5,0.0,0.0,1};

Mission video updated to latest release.

hi Jeza.

Thx for the new video.

Same question as before:
Are you using some filters or visual enhancement (like reshade or sweetfx)?

Or is it purely vanilla?

Hey

Sorry forgot to reply before. I'm using Reshade 6.2 with V5 LuT. 

This is a very nice mission! It has simple tasks but I like the overall feeling.

Just a question , it seems you have a good "control" of AI movements , something I found very frustrating during mission making for SP scenarios. 
Have you used something particular during mission making? Scripts or just more waypoints?

Thanks, I'm glad you liked it!

Mostly I just used waypoints, though on occasion I've used some simple scripts. For example, at the tripwire I made sure to stop the team dead in their tracks by putting in ' s1 disableAI "MOVE" ', and re-enabling it later. At the same time, another trigger goes off about a second later telling the AI to kneel with ' s1 setUnitPos "MIDDLE" ' etc. 

I've done similar with some of the enemy soldiers. For example, in the first encampment, the two soldiers at the campfire would always lie down, which is horribly annoying to deal with. So I made sure that if they see an enemy soldier in a certain trigger radius, they are forced into the crouch position. They cannot take any other stance, but in this scenario it makes sense because they have good cover/concealment that they can fire over in a crouched position without exposing a lot of their body. It's a realistic response to that situation, which going prone and just staying there is not.

Other than that, it's mostly just regular waypoints, no scripts running on the background. Just some triggers force them into temporary things like not being able to move, forcing them into a particular stance etc. The only other thing I used was waypoints calling for 'triggerActivated trigger1', which the first camp is a good example of as well. The team will move beyond the camp to get out of the radius of the satchel charge, but hold there until the cache has been blown up by use of that condition.

Also noticed I haven't mentioned it in here, but I have a Facebook page now where you can easily follow any and all news updates on existing or future missions, sneak peaks behind the scenes etc. That page is here:

https://www.facebook.com/SiCMissionsAndMods/

Thanks, I'm glad you liked it!

Mostly I just used waypoints, though on occasion I've used some simple scripts. For example, at the tripwire I made sure to stop the team dead in their tracks by putting in ' s1 disableAI "MOVE" ', and re-enabling it later. At the same time, another trigger goes off about a second later telling the AI to kneel with ' s1 setUnitPos "MIDDLE" ' etc. 

I've done similar with some of the enemy soldiers. For example, in the first encampment, the two soldiers at the campfire would always lie down, which is horribly annoying to deal with. So I made sure that if they see an enemy soldier in a certain trigger radius, they are forced into the crouch position. They cannot take any other stance, but in this scenario it makes sense because they have good cover/concealment that they can fire over in a crouched position without exposing a lot of their body. It's a realistic response to that situation, which going prone and just staying there is not.

Other than that, it's mostly just regular waypoints, no scripts running on the background. Just some triggers force them into temporary things like not being able to move, forcing them into a particular stance etc. The only other thing I used was waypoints calling for 'triggerActivated trigger1', which the first camp is a good example of as well. The team will move beyond the camp to get out of the radius of the satchel charge, but hold there until the cache has been blown up by use of that condition.

Thank you for sharing! I'm trying to have a similar feel in a scenario i'm making,  I even hope to control hand signal from ACE if is it possible. That would be even great!

You're welcome! I hope it works out! I'm getting close to finishing another mission myself. Vastly bigger and more complicated than this last one, but with the same or bigger attention to details hehe.

• Like 2

Nice clean mission bro. Everything worked perfectly.

• Like 1

Funny thing: after one of the updates for ArmA 3 I noticed a new tendency for the driver to get off the road and cut through the jungle. Don't know what changed there, and he kept getting stuck. So I pushed a small update to the mission adding an extra waypoint so that shouldn't happen anymore.