Sign in to follow this  
sturmfalkerda

Replace player with AI, and spectate self?

Hello!

I was wondering if it would be possible to activate AI on a player and then spectate self.

The idea is to create an auto pilot script (Disable combat portion or at least prevent combat mode) as a neat way of map auto travel.

I can't find anything on the wiki about this.

Maybe selectPlayer and move him to a virtual entity, then do spectator stuff on original player somehow?

There's Zeus, and Spectator Mode and various camera commands to look through other units eyes.  Do you mean like hop in a plane then only be able to spectate while it's in flight?

The idea is to have an auto run/auto pilot function. Combine this with disablefatigue and an on map click event for infantry.

I look for the same thing. Simply give the control of the character to AI. And eventually be able to create her waypoints

Even a simple command in the console would suit me

The idea is to have an auto run/auto pilot function. Combine this with disablefatigue and an on map click event for infantry.

At that point why not just implement teleport?  There's already tons of "transport helo" scripts available where you can call a helicopter to come pick you up and drop you off wherever you want and today's Dev Branch added in a whole new driving system for AI, so taxi's will probably work better, but as for just moving yourself without fatigue or interaction might as well just embrace the sweatpants and teleport or Fast Travel instead of letting the AI play the game for you. :)

OnMapSingleClick "player setPos _pos";

Nobody has an idea? BIS never had the idea of implementing this function