Robert_FMIS

[SP] Alone - Tanoa

MISSION STATUS:

CANCELLED

MISSION NAME:
Alone

MISSION DESCRIPTION:
A two man police unit is involved in a car crash in the jungles of Tanoa, the player wakes up with his partner dead and
his car totaled, the player must orienteer with nothing but a map a compass and his pistol to seek help from any nearby towns,
the player must use his wits and skill to survive in the jungle.

MISSION MAP:
Tanoa

MISSION THREATS:
Local rebel forces, old war remnants (mines, traps, etc), wildlife??

MISSION WEATHER:
Stormy, heavy rain, early morning

MISSION DIFFICULTY:

The mission is intended for first person only gameplay, aims for a hardcore audience

MISSION PROGRESS:

CANCELLED

I would like you guys to give me feedback and maybe even request stuff for the mission, one more thing if anyone has experience with or would like to do a bit of voice acting for this mission send me a message. Thanks!

MISSION CHANGELOG

9/6/16

-Tweaked intro, animations were not triggering

-Tweaked player loadout (player loadout now has less ammo :( )

-Added ambience to the surrounding towns

-Added scripts to handle ambience (detects if a player is close to a town)

-Added scripts to handle AI movement

-Added various triggers to activate no matter where the player goes

-Added random rebel patrols

-Added ambient weather scripts

-Added a script to randomly place traps in certain areas

-Added various "Rebel Camps" to the surrounding areas

-Added objective "Hack rebel controlled long range radio station to contact the police chief" (Reliable, highly guarded but further away)

-Added objective "Hack rebel controlled short range radio station to contact the police chief" (Less reliable, less guarded but closer)

-Added briefing

-Added various scripts to handle the two objectives

10/6/16

-Fixed ambient weather (ambience was not found E_E)

-Optimized random patrol spawning

-Optimized civilian spawning

-Added sound effects to the jungle

-Added radio effects to the radio tower hacking objectives

-Added more variety in terms of troop clothing, gear etc

-Added police texture to the M-900 Littlebird

-Added police texture to the SUV

13/6/16

Development Ceased

• Like 4

I would like you guys to give me feedback and maybe even request stuff for the mission. Thank you!

I request a download link...... :lol:

• Like 2

I request a download link...... :lol:

The mission is currently in the building phase and I aim to publish it within the next two weeks.

Sounds perfect for getting to know Tanoa-looking forward to it. one thing i would suggest-have some kind of goals or destinations.A lot of survival style missions can feel aimless if the aim is just "escape the island" or "find a boat" etc.

Sounds perfect for getting to know Tanoa-looking forward to it. one thing i would suggest-have some kind of goals or destinations.A lot of survival style missions can feel aimless if the aim is just "escape the island" or "find a boat" etc.

That's a good idea actually, I was kind of toying with an objective such as: "Make your way to the radio station to contact your police chief" or something along the lines of that, I am open to ideas though, so if you have anything shoot.

That's a good idea actually, I was kind of toying with an objective such as: "Make your way to the radio station to contact your police chief" or something along the lines of that, I am open to ideas though, so if you have anything shoot.

I think that's a perfectly fine objective. Something in that vain anyway I think would be plenty enjoyable in a mission of this type.

I think that's a perfectly fine objective. Something in that vain anyway I think would be plenty enjoyable in a mission of this type.

Thanks for the feedback I am glad some people are behind my mission

Yes-the objectives do not need to be anything amazing-literally just so that the player has a direction to travel in and a point to make it to. other wise the random wandering gets annoying fast in my opinion. Simpe stuff like -get to radio tower, find hidden ammo cache, look for downed plane...anything

"Escape the island" and "Find a boat" are already very good goals in my book. Much better than "just survive while looting empty cans, reasons to be added later, maybe". Side-missions or extra tasks or what have you, to do this or that in the short term are of course an extra, but I am already quite pleased with a goal to find a boat.

"Escape the island" and "Find a boat" are already very good goals in my book. Much better than "just survive while looting empty cans, reasons to be added later, maybe". Side-missions or extra tasks or what have you, to do this or that in the short term are of course an extra, but I am already quite pleased with a goal to find a boat.

Absolutely-I am happy enough with those goals as well-I just meant that it helps if the "find a boat" goal has a suggested area or direction to investigate-so it does not feel as aimless wandering.thats all :)

Absolutely-I am happy enough with those goals as well-I just meant that it helps if the "find a boat" goal has a suggested area or direction to investigate-so it does not feel as aimless wandering.thats all :)

Well i have updated the changelog with some objectives and other things if you guys wanna take a look.

• Like 1

As for objectives what about the partner is not dead but unconcious.

You need to find assistance and return to rescue them. If you wanted to you could also include a time limit on it so that you have to return with medical aid within a set time.

You need to find assistance and return to rescue them. If you wanted to you could also include a time limit on it so that you have to return with medical aid within a set time.

I don't know. I'm thinking this mission might be my first venture into Tanoa and the last thing I personally want to do is rush.

Though the task itself does seem neat. I'd just rather not feel pressure to hurry with my first foray on the map. Just my opinion of course.

• Like 1

One of the main reasons I wouldn't do that is because it would require heavy scripting, I already have enough scripts in the mission (some of my own creations, some others) and I don't want to bog it down. Sounds like a cool idea though however I don't think I will be incorporating it.

One of the main reasons I wouldn't do that is because it would require heavy scripting, I already have enough scripts in the mission (some of my own creations, some others) and I don't want to bog it down. Sounds like a cool idea though however I don't think I will be incorporating it.

I think you are right there.ALso as  herosandVilliansOS above said-we don't want to rush in a mission designed to explore Tanoa. Also...Tanoa is demanding enough without complex scripting running too ;)

• Like 1

I am sorry to say that the mission has been cancelled. Reason being is that certain legal matters have come up (unrelated to the game) that I need to attend to, in saying this most of my time will be that of involved in such legal matters. Thank you all for sticking by the idea and once again, I apologize.

• Like 2

Waiting patiently.

What?Did you not read the post above yours?

@RobertFMIS-I am sorry to hear you are having troubles-there is no need to apologise to anyone at all.This is just a hobby. 

I hope your problems get sorted out and all goes well for you.

• Like 1

Who would have thought after the first post. :P

Sorry to hear about the personal stuff RoberFMIS.

Hang in there and we hope to see you back soon.

Good to see lots of supporting people here on BIF! Keep them positives up! ;)

• Like 1