--Update inbound--

@zooloo75

thank u for that release. idk tanoa but it seems to be a very good idea.

I agree with esfumatos post:

Is nice, but that could be a problem on multiplayer games ppl can just disappear and reappear in no time, its like some kind of teleport cheat...

maybe you could implement some door sounds before the player reaches the other side. with that players in muliplayer would be warned that someone is using the access point

@zooloo75

thank u for that release. idk tanoa but it seems to be a very good idea.

I agree with esfumatos post:

maybe you could implement some door sounds before the player reaches the other side. with that players in muliplayer would be warned that someone is using the access point

Possible, but yet again, this is something I am leaving up to mission creators. My system can be used for more than just faking doors and I'd like to keep it as generic/multi-purpose, and lightweight as possible. This is merely a system to easily create teleport points. Mission creators can easily add door sounds if needed.

Thanks for the input though!

Possible, but yet again, this is something I am leaving up to mission creators. My system can be used for more than just faking doors. This is merely a system to easily create teleport points. Mission creators can easily add door sounds if needed.

ok, i did not read all of the posts in this topic so i missed that. i m sorry...

ok, i did not read all of the posts in this topic so i missed that. i m sorry...

No worries, I agree with your points, and if I were to make a mission with this, I'd add those features into my mission, either separately or by modifying my system.

Showing off a use-case of my "Access Points" system for ArmA3.
The interior is made of multiple objects and placed inside of the building's cavity.
An access point pair is setup to allow the player to enter the interior from the outside of the building.
Hopefully this will encourage modelers to make more modular architectural pieces.

This is exactly what I was envisioning when I seen this pop up yesterday.  I imagine you could make functioning windows even, depending on which buildings you put them in.  Amazing work dude.  Can't wait to use this. 

This is exactly what I was envisioning when I seen this pop up yesterday.  I imagine you could make functioning windows even, depending on which buildings you put them in.  Amazing work dude.  Can't wait to use this. 

Thanks! I do hope to see missions utilize this system where needed.

Showing off a use-case of my "Access Points" system for ArmA3.
The interior is made of multiple objects and placed inside of the building's cavity.
An access point pair is setup to allow the player to enter the interior from the outside of the building.
Hopefully this will encourage modelers to make more modular architectural pieces.

Because I haven't actually played with Tanoa, is this an actual interior or did you make it?

Because I haven't actually played with Tanoa, is this an actual interior or did you make it?

I made it out of various objects from various addons.

Nice idea Zooloo75

What about putting a player in a static box or container during his lift travel while he just is hearing a lift sound?  ;)

091314pC6ZlP35.jpg

Nice idea Zooloo75

What about putting a player in a static box or container during his lift travel while he just is hearing a lift sound?  ;)

091314pC6ZlP35.jpg

That's up to the mission maker.

Amazing Idea I wonder if this could become part of the vanilla game for buildings (ok it breaks realism but solves some issues) As a side note if you made a underground bunker or something off map you could teleport though bunkers.

• Like 1

Hey zooloo75!  This is wonderful, however being a lazy barst that I am, is it possible (and I'm sure this has been asked) to AUTO deploy the access points in front of every locked door (that has a roof of course!)?  Bascially I'm seeing if an addon would be possible :)

I'm quite obviously doing something wrong that it's not working for me. Is it something like it only works on Tanoa? (which I don't have access to atm) My other thought is that I've entered the init.sqf code incorrectly.

https://youtu.be/K0b2M4ydMYo

edit: it's working now. The triggers, (at least for me) had to be a minimum dimension of 2 metres cubed

I am having problem with the AccessPoints not even working for some reason. I've tried to resize them to at least 2.2 to no avail. They work fine in another map I have Australia Wasteland but for some reason I cannot get these jokers to work on Taunus Wasteland even though they work fine on Taunus vanilla.

Is there a height distance limit or how they can be placed? Can they be placed offset from one another?

Also here is how I name my triggers for example: AccessPoint_1_1, AccessPoint_1_1, AccessPoint_2_2, AccessPoint_2_2 and so on...is this naming okay? My hair is about to go grey over this because I've set these up too many times that this is has me going insane in the membrane!!!!

6 hours ago, whatsupdoc_1_27 said:

I am having problem with the AccessPoints not even working for some reason.

Hey @whatsupdoc_1_27. I haven't used the Access Points since that post's date, let alone on another map. Have your tried the triggers flat on the road, next to each other? Maybe try different names (too may underscores? Lame notion, I know :smile_o:)

anfo I was thinking the same thing about too many underscores so I will try that to see if that is the cause. Like I stated it will work in the Vanilla of the Map but maybe I didn't use that many underscores...

EDIT: Nope that is not it. I just tested it using AccessPoint_1_1 and it works fine with the vanilla version of the map. I am going through to figure out if another script/addon is causing conflicts with it. I only added one script, the Out of Bounds script/addon to it so I am going to test it now to see if that is the cause of the problem as I am having other trigger issues also, not just with this one as I am noticing now.

BINGO!!! Yep it was the Out of Bounds script/addon that is causing the issue. Some how both AccessPoints and Boundary script are using the same variable from comparing the files. Variable is unit of course...What would cause a conflict like this? Global variable?

EDIT: Disregard, I just read the top of the information inside the script and it was created in 2007!!!! OMG this is like Arma 1 or 2 era I am guessing. No wonder it screwed everything up. I best look for an updated script/addon.

Hello everybody, I'm new to the forum.
I apologize in advance but I write from Italy and not to be mistaken I use Google Translator ...
I take up this topic a few years ago.
My problem is that I can't get this script to work.
I copied the directory to the mission folder, I created an init.sqf file where I copied the string: execVM "AccessPoints \ Init.sqf".
I then created a trigger according to the instructions in this post and placed it at the entrance to the skyscraper.
I made a copy of it and put it on the roof at a door.
But nothing, I go into the trigger and nothing happens.
What am I missing? Where am I doing wrong?
I thank you for the patience you will have towards an ex young man (I am 60 years old)

On 1/20/2020 at 7:38 PM, Igorprotti said:

execVM "AccessPoints \ Init.sqf".

try to remove the spaces around "\"

8 hours ago, zukov said:

try to remove the spaces around "\"

Thanks but there are no spaces around "\" in te file text