Making the BIS sub more than eye candy.  I experimented with a simple "attachTo" command w/ the SDV diving sub and got this:

sub1.jpg

Yep, that's an SDV with the sub "object" attached to it.  It seems so simple that to create a vehicle with a relatively boat-like interior and use attachTo you could make a sub that works relatively well.  Making the weapons, and all the other stuff, that would be some work but certainly not impossible.  Add a working propeller to the "sub vehicle" and you have all you really need.

Edit to add - using the PP settings discussed here you could have the interior correctly appear "not" underwater:

https://forums.bistudio.com/topic/147432-keeping-water-out/

So I must ask - has anyone done something similar to this?

• Like 4

Im sure Gnat made some Subs for Arma2, not sure what features though.

Im sure Gnat made some Subs for Arma2, not sure what features though.

Yeah I had his subs in mind.  Since he has apparently left the community I doubt we'll see those in A3.

Ideally removing the underwater PP effect will succeed.  I have some ideas on an underwater base :D  Actually just locating a base (or tunnel complex, etc) underwater for a "forced entry" situation like my silo "house".  Regardless, it would be a shame if the water PP effect cannot be removed.

About the base thing - can a certain ambience sound be forced via area trigger? i.e. when unit gets "forced" into a "base tunnel" object, original ambient sound gets replaced by tunnel'ish sounds.

That and custom PP could potentially lead to proper "dungeons/vaults" in ArmA3. Oh and tunnels...

Ah that script solution looks good!  No muss no fuss.  Thanks for the link! 

• Like 1