Sign in to follow this  
gary66

This game is unplayible at presant.

I started a topic and have zero response form BIS, other than one polite member, thanks to him. This i find really disrespectful but not, funny enough surprising, Yeah your busy... i get that, this game is the (best and most frustrating) rolled into one, i love it and hate it in sometimes equal measure..

It is as we speak unplayable... as soon as i load up a recent scenario or load it in editor it stops to about 1-2 frames a second, LOD are all balked out, this is with 10-units or so A.I. If i delete all the AI units the games seems to recover? can some please clarify and explain to me with being patronizing or condescending what the problem is... Just what is going on here? The game was running fine a week ago? WTF could have happened within the space of a few days for this to suddenly happen?   Yeah am pissed off...because i spent a lot of money on this and all the extras so i have a right to bitch. 

.1.Intel Core i7-4770K 3.50GHz Core @ 4.3GHz  (Haswell) Socket LGA1150 Processor - OEM
 2.Corsair Hydro H100i High Performance Liquid CPU Cooler (CW-9060009-WW) 

3.Kingston HyperX 16GB (2x8GB) PC3-17100C11 2133MHz Dual Channel Kit - Black/Red (HX21C11BRK2/16-OC)     
 4.Corsair Obsidian 750D Full Tower Case - Black.
 5. Asus nvidea gforce gtx 970

OS windows 10-64 bit.

PS this didn't work...."tbb4malloc_bi"

To be fair, you're not really giving out much information, what map, what addons are you running, which unit's etc. No mention of your settings.

There could be a clue in the unit's that you're using may have LOD issues if they're not stock BIS.

• Like 2

edit: ninja'd

The details you provide gives us _nothing_ to go on. Your specs are fine and dandy and all, but without any details on whats happening in the mission no one can help you, ever.

Are you running scripts to calculate Pi? Are you trying to call commands that has been removed so you local log is being so blasted you HDD/SSD dies? Yes, this is being exaggerated ofc, but this is to paint a picture.

BI has no obligation or responsibility to respond to anyone, especially when it comes to custom missions. So breathe deeply and provide a mission file, mod list and arma settings ... at minimum the first two :)

• Like 2

Turn OFF all mods. If using mods, then all bets are off. Modding voids all reasonable expectations.

If it's not a mod... Guessing it's data corruption or a hard drive issue. We've all been there, bud. ;)

Yes this happens on every map. stutter, stutter stop.

@Bamse As soon as i place AI units down on any Map (vanilla or modded) the game plays for a few seconds then just jugs along at 1-2 FRPS. I am running some mods , Im at work at the moment, going to go through the whole game later. Thanks for the feed back.

Yes this happens on every map. stutter, stutter stop.

@Bamse As soon as i place AI units down on any Map (vanilla or modded) the game plays for a few seconds then just jugs along at 1-2 FRPS. I am running some mods , Im at work at the moment, going to go through the whole game later. Thanks for the feed back.

I would suggest following Bamse's advice and disable all your mods. Then i would enable them one by one to work out which is causing the issue, it will be a process of an elimination, but the issue could be a mod or mods. As unfortunately not all mods work with each other.

Alternatively if that doesn't work, you may want to try verifying your game cache (do this in steam right click on Arma3), though you may want to backup your mods as i am sure if this removes them. As the verify checks the Arma3 directory and makes sure its set to "out of the box". I.e if it had been freshly installed.

Update us here on the thread, i am sure we will be able to get to the bottom of the issue for you.

• Like 2

Agree with Roadkill..verify game cache..do all the standard comp things like defrag and scans and all of that..plenty of threads and videos out about optimizing your game use 1 map and mission and play it for 30min. Vanilla..record your fps then add a mod in at a time. and do the same thing this will help narrow down what Mod if any is causing the FPs loss..also a lot of threads and videos about optimizing the game for performance..may not look perfect but you can play it and enjoy it. Hope some of this helps.

Diesel

@diesel tech jc @R0adki11

Thanks for the reply and feed back, I always feel frustrated as it was working smooth as out the other day, but I will do what thread recommends and report back. I know others have had similar issues too.

• Like 1

So it seems that it is a mod as vanilla seems to play fine that on Altis using csat and nato each had multiple vehicles and squads, i have been slowly replacing those units with those of RHS mods. i am not using any AI mod....? Could this be what is  causing  the lag to 2 FPS.... i have checked and cleaned out my user_config so the only file in there now is ( RH_PDW1.01_a3_beta_config_update)  not sure i renumber why i placed that there? and this (asr_ai3) from the AI mod.

Gary, try removing the PDW mod, Rob Hammers weapons are big frame rate droppers mate, due to only having one LOD.

Damn Gary 2fps Perhaps the wifi in vault 108 is poor.

Apart from mods whats your visual settings(no 12k view distance ) I have near exact rig as yours. Will test somewhat today.

Gary, try removing the PDW mod, Rob Hammers weapons are big frame rate droppers mate, due to only having one LOD.

Not true , i have 5-6 lods like A3 weapons have , not just 1 ...

I like how everybody blames my packs for their FPS issues

That's a fair point Robert, I've seen this issue with these comments come up on More than one occasion with regards to your addons which has never truly been proven as being the culprit, especially as many other weapons addons have single LODS too.

I seem to recall similar statements and issues with regards to your M4 pack and to be honest I've never noticed such problems with them either, it would be easy enough to check, his issues by adding addons one at a time and then isolating the one which causes the drop.

I'm getting a lot of particle errors now with your addons, but no frame rate issues that I'm aware of.

That's a fair point Robert, I've seen this issue with these comments come up on More than one occasion with regards to your addons which has never truly been proven as being the culprit, especially as many other weapons addons have single LODS too.

I seem to recall similar statements and issues with regards to your M4 pack and to be honest I've never noticed such problems with them either, it would be easy enough to check, his issues by adding addons one at a time and then isolating the one which causes the drop.

I'm getting a lot of particle errors now with your addons, but no frame rate issues that I'm aware of.

M4 pack is the one that got problems , i admit that but those others? no way 

also what particle errors? somebody failed to inform me it seems ha

M4 pack is the one that got problems , i admit that but those others? no way 

also what particle errors? somebody failed to inform me it seems ha

I get errors that say "gun particles" when I run the pistol pack, after the 1.60/Tanoa/ splendid update, it might be down to a change in how they (BIS) do the configs for that now, it doesn't stop anything from being loaded, and everything works and looks fine, I will see if I can screen grab for you later on.

wKYC6mr.jpg

I get errors that say "gun particles" when I run the pistol pack, after the 1.60/Tanoa/ splendid update, it might be down to a change in how they (BIS) do the configs for that now, it doesn't stop anything from being loaded, and everything works and looks fine, I will see if I can screen grab for you later on.

Please do , also those spent cases work even after that error?

no SSD? embrace the stuttering...

• Like 1