nomexe

Terrain Builder and Object builder not starting, after update

Hi

I had been working on a map earlier this year, then had to take a break due to work load at the job.

Was supposed to pick it up, where I left off, a couple of days ago. There had been 2 updates to Arma Tools in the meanwhile.

Aftere these, I'm unable to start Terrain Builder or Object builder.

All other programs work fine, but when starting Terrain Builder the Arma Tools launcher just shuts down, nothing else happens.

When I check the integrity of local files, there seems to always be one file that has to be re-downloaded. But this happens every time I check, it does not help downloading it.

Have tried uninstalling/reinstalling etc.

Anyone else had similar issues?

for me , after the update , P drive path somehow  changed in windows folder.

i think you need to set the p drive path again from armatools config (ini)

i have had similiar issue , i verify'd my Cacche Twice or 3 times for it to actually download missing files ( around 7 )  from what i remember , make sure the paths are correct like Dragon said , and make a new Workdrive Mandatory , No more P drive.

I'm having the same issue. Clicking the Terrain Builder from the splash screen just closes the splash screen and fails to do anything else. Haven't found a workaround yet.

Edit: Object builder is doing the same thing.

@nomexe: I will add some more debug in the launcher to see what's going on there.

@Sarpeadon: What do you mean by splash screen?

Are you, guys using Windows 10? If so, could you try to run OB or TB as administrator, directly from the exe?

Hello gents,

I've updated the development branch of the tools, could you please, try it?

• Update your tools (switch to the development branch if needed)
  • Run Arma 3 Tools from Steam
  • Try to run Terrain Builder and/or Object Builder
  • Share your logs (Arma 3 Tool\Logs\Arma3Tools.rpt)

Thank you.

I had the same issues it not opening up, i then checked the P drive everyone was talking about.

1. Hit mount the project drive, then went to project drive management, then did it again and installed this bulldozer

2. the terrain builder opened fine after that.

Will report any other errors.

This is my first time looking at this tool.

Terrain Builder dont start

have tried reinstalling windows/steam/tools, changhing folder for drive P - all useless

19 minutes ago, RoF said:

Setup your tools and P drive correct https://armadocs.gitlab.io/terrain/01starting/

in the solution TB does start before mounting drive P:

"After installation (Arma 3 Tools) click Launch, then read the license and accept and launch Terrain Builder. After launching you can close both Terrain Builder and Arma 3 Tools"