pettka

Tanoa discussion (Dev-Branch)

What is going on here?

As I lower the distance/object/range from 3800m to about 900m, more stuff appear in the foreground (the rocks). If I lower it even further, then it seems that some of the rocks disappear again.

j9ss45.jpg

Why is it, that if I set overall visibility to 5000m and object visibility to 3000m, then rock geometry still switch lod's just 100m in front of me?

AK-12 being 7.62 is fine. It's basically a modern AKM. The Spar-17 however, doesn't sound very convincing as a 7.62 weapon.

The Spar-17 is basically a HK 417 which is 7.62

If I stand between two palm trees (inside some village on the Tanoa map), and slowly move the first person camera view from one palm to the next, I see some kind of weird fading in when I turn around to look at the other tree (any of the two), BUT if I very quickly pan the camera from one palm tree to the next, I do not see this weird LOD fading. What is happening with the LOD's? The LOD's seem to change, even if you don't really move around, but turning around instead.

This sort of reminds me of the procedural clouds from previous Arma 3.

Btw, If I have a very long "overall visibility", and a very short "object visibility", I can still see some masts up on the hills, presumably these kinds of objects show regardless of ones settings (as if these masts were simply terrain).

The Spar-17 is basically a HK 417 which is 7.62

I know, but neither of the Spar's sound like guns really.

• Like 1

https://a.pomf.cat/xawogx.webm

Some absolutely horrible LOD flickering, gets worse the more you zoom in.

Edit:

Shadows render incorrectly on bridge road surfaces, soft shadows render in poor resolution while hard shadows do not render at all:

https://a.pomf.cat/kikfzr.webm

(Look at the shadow quality on the bridge sidewalks compared to the road surface)

Anyone else try using Zeus air strike around the volcano? I tried it, and the plane will sometimes fly into the volcano.

Maybe I have been fiddling too much with the video settings, but I thought it was odd that the trees in the foreground here doesn't update to the more shaper texture/LOD, compared to trees around and to the rear.

Screenshot taken from a heli, with the view zoomed in.

51ezpl.jpg

• Like 1

Hey,

Is it possible the CTRG uniforms to be be reworked? I found them bearable in the Altis setting but for pacific I find them to be quite disgusting... I hate to be that one guy but as British person I find the uniforms to be unappealing and forced to play as the other NATO units or create my own and it's quite disappointing. 

Edit:

The vest for them just doesn't match..Can you at least re-texture the CTRG Vests for pacific?

With Vehicle-in-vehicle loading now being on dev branch, i have three points

- When the Blackfish is loaded, and you start taxi-ing with it, it start bouncing, not alot, but small bounces

- You are only able to unload all vehicles, not if multiple are loaded, unloading 1 vehicle at a time. I hope to see 1 by 1 unloading in the future, as that would make more sence.

- Maybe for the Troop Transport version add the loading aswell, but only for vehicles as small as quadbikes, so you can insert/paradrop a small squad with the quad instead of having two Blackfishes flying in

Other then that, i had no issues, works like a charm!!

• Like 2

AK-12 being 7.62 is fine. It's basically a modern AKM. The Spar-17 however, doesn't sound very convincing as a 7.62 weapon.

The sounds are clearly placeholders-i wouldnt worry.

I know, but neither of the Spar's sound like guns really.

What can you expect from a gun named after a grocery store-chain... xD

• Like 1

-VVPn2Vt7AU.jpg

Looks nice but would be even better with more dust/dents and other wear and tear. Driving around on those dirt road should make anything rather... well dusty and muddy :)

I understand that to much weathering could make objects look like carbon copies. I have no clue about texturing but if it's possible to add layers to objects (like the insignias) a layer assigned for weathering and randomly (and by script) applied to cars/planes/heli's  etc.

/KC

• Like 1

Looks nice but would be even better with more dust/dents and other wear and tear. Driving around on those dirt road should make anything rather... well dusty and muddy :)

/KC

Don't all Arma 3 vehicles look like they got fresh out of the factory? :)

One aspect that really annoys me is how trees disappear and some mountain tops completely change silhouette. As an example, these two pictures are the same mountain top, but one picture is taken closer within the object view distance, and you would never think it is the same mountain:

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=703738814

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=703738770

Maybe it's just me, but I find this very distracting and somewhat imersion-breaking.

• Like 2

Don't all Arma 3 vehicles look like they got fresh out of the factory? :)

Yes, that's my point and I would love to see things change... The artists have done a awesome job on many weapons as well as buildings and many other objects in stock A3 but it's cars/APCs/tanks/helis... that needs some love.

/KC

• Like 2

There're coral reefs, flying underwater stones and other underwater stuff inland in an island close to Tuvanaka (010111)

jDL4auy.jpg

• Like 3

Not so much feedback as a question - do EBO config values take precedence over PBO's? I've been trying to change the max tide level on Tanoa to firstly reveal the sand bars linking the small island and two raise the tide level high enough to flood part of Tanoa like a tsunami had hit etc....

In the temple ruins in the main island, great spot for FIA or a clandestine faction like the castle ruin in Everon sometimes the sunlight on the walls inside the temples disappears and reappears

Not so much feedback as a question - do EBO config values take precedence over PBO's? I've been trying to change the max tide level on Tanoa to firstly reveal the sand bars linking the small island and two raise the tide level high enough to flood part of Tanoa like a tsunami had hit etc....

Would like to know this as well : I'm trying to set up a custom scene for the main menu, but my configs don't seem to kick in on dev branch.

By the way, the main menu always loads Tanoa, no matter my settings regarding default terrain.