pettka

Tanoa discussion (Dev-Branch)

completely Vanilla... no mods loaded... Ai set to custom 0.25

A little history

The AI cannot see through the bushes and for anyone living under a rock on Altis these changes to clutter were introduced around the 1.50 build and tested by many of us.

Thanks to Greenfist for this great mission which I still use :)

The clutter objects were updated around 1.50 and do hide the player more effectively from the AI. 

The lines in the video when he is shooting where I am not is because the Ai use a predictive behaviour based on my speed and direction to attempt to track where they deduce I may be heading...

You will notice a few shots just beyond where I stop and then the Ai stops firing attempting to reacquire LOS.

The clutter update was at a model level I believe and as such is not affected by scripting in any way.

The clutter update was clearly held over to the Tanoa clutter (why wouldnt it be) and as you can see in a short test video from a much longer session in a few spots on the islands... The AI cannot see thru the foliage.

green in the video - he cant see me

red in the video - he has LOS

• Like 14

Absolutely!  attachTo to the rescue:

7iUuxcx.jpg

House boat? Pack the boat in the container? I mean House? Logistics African style? African Coast guard Container Rescue Unit? The possibilities of a new Expansion for Arma 3 are limitless.

One thing that I've noticed on Tanoa is that the fog configuration is pretty extreme. 

0 setfog 0.1 gives mild fog on Altis/Stratis, almost no fog on most CUP maps, but gives almost pea soup fog with 20m visibility on Tanoa. Is this going to change into the future? Currently it throws weather scripts into a bit of disarray.

• Like 3

Even use of setfog_array there will be some configuration needed. not much, but will need to reduce fog intensity at sea level for Tanoa.

Also while we're on environmentals ... My 'get solar horizons' function stopped working correctly for sunrise. Glad there is a new bis_fnc_sunrisesunsettime to use

many many new objects dont have roadway lods, that makes it impossible to climb/jump them and trying so will result in capturing you inside the same old invisible floating vortex.question to the devs: will you forever keep arma so that  you make it impossible for climbing/jumping mods to be functionally consistent and enjoyable eventhough you could avoid the most clipping issues by simply adding roadway lods to things like garbage containers?

please dont carry these kind of legacy design flaws into future installments. make it a new design guideline instead to make stuff solid and consistent so that you can jump/climb on them if you could do so in real live, its long overdue.

This !!

So This :-)

• Like 1

I've made a little dump of issues (mainly bugs) about Tanoa : ticket 117584

Feel free to tell me if you see main issue that are missing on it.

Anyone else here thinks that the dirt roads in Tanoa are way to smooth ? I am really missing some bumps and potholes where one has to slow down.

• Like 4

For me Tanoa is an excellent map but the mid range textures downgrade the island from 10/10 to  6/10. Sorry but that's how I feel.

• Like 6

For me Tanoa is an excellent map but the mid range textures downgrade the island from 10/10 to  6/10. Sorry but that's how I feel.

For me it's the same. The map is realy impressive but the midrange textures destroy the immersion. You kind of feel like in the old ofp time.

• Like 2

The new Feature with the Tactical Ping, could you please implement a new animation like tactical ping = showing your fingers along your ping location? Ok maybe its a bit from stealing from ACE :o

I really don't get that. Certainly the tech hasn't improved (and BIS had already signaled that) but given the proportion of the terrain that's covered in dense vegetation and that the rest is grassland this is probably the terrain where it bothers me the least.

I really don't get that. Certainly the tech hasn't improved (and BIS had already signaled that) but given the proportion of the terrain that's covered in dense vegetation and that the rest is grassland this is probably the terrain where it bothers me the least.

Well we are all different but I know many that share my opinion about the textures.. If you are fine with it then I'm happy for you.

LOD swapping on vertical tyres by a path is horrible.  If you move about 6 feet away from them they go polygonal!

Anyone else experiencing limited track ir movement? When I "zoom" and try to turn my head im only able to turn in a ~45° radius. Also you can't look behind you anymore.

Dont know if this is the right discussion but i gut a bug on tanoa

you can go throu the brige of tano!!

Its a really bad exploid for PVP and life mods!!

here a video:  https://youtu.be/4oMwUmbmIos

sorry for my bad englisch

I've added it to my dump (with credits of course).

Anyone else here thinks that the dirt roads in Tanoa are way to smooth ? I am really missing some bumps and potholes where one has to slow down.

klamacz:

community wants better AI driving

community wants bumpy, potholed roads

fml

if there's one thing I can do without in a game, its potholes

• Like 5

klamacz:

community wants better AI driving

community wants bumpy, potholed roads

fml

if there's one thing I can do without in a game, its potholes

Ahahaha! Sorry, this made me lol

Graphical bug on one of the bridges (focus your attention on the road)

Dont know if this is the right discussion but i gut a bug on tanoa

you can go throu the brige of tano!!

Its a really bad exploid for PVP and life mods!!

here a video:  https://youtu.be/4oMwUmbmIos

sorry for my bad englisch

Feel free to use the feedback tracker (feedback.bistudio.com) to report issues like that. Just take a look at following link: https://feedback.bistudio.com/T117643

Best regards

Please test this addon http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=19524for altis, go into the subfolder "off" and select the "light"-version. After a week please switch back to default and try to repeat what you have wrote. Force in driver settings 16AF to get 16x anisotropic filtering instead of only 8x, when you set af to "ultra" in arma3-settings.