pettka

Tanoa discussion (Dev-Branch)

Not armored vehicles give you no protections at all against little bushes and plants, it is hilarious how driving a pickup and sightly passing by a bush can take half my health. I hope the plants get a softer touch ;) (or vehicles collisions/physics get fixed)

Not armored vehicles give you no protections at all against little bushes and plants, it is hilarious how driving a pickup and sightly passing by a bush can take half my health. I hope the plants get a softer touch ;) (or vehicles collisions/physics get fixed)

Ya collision damage and all that needs adjusting, though some plants i understand crashing into and really messing you up. Because if your tires get wrapped or stuck and you stop quick enough you going to get hurt. But if you keep going, then you should be fine since a crash is only dangerous if you rapidly slow down, change direction, or speed up. Unless of course something you hit tears right through the vehicle and you as well. Which is something I wish they would work into the game, so if you run over a bush you completely fine. Yet if you drive into a tree, you're a bit farther away from fine.

But lets be happy that crash damage is super generous in ARMA, otherwise we all would die or almost always die in the crashes we normally go through. Plus doesn't help our characters never use seat beats. Though would be pretty funny to shoot out the tire on a fully loaded car, see it crash and watch an entire fireteam get launched from it.

Anybody help me out here, im working on something for Tanoa Life and im trying to find the open animation for the new sliding gates (Land_ConcreteWall_01_l_gate_F) somebody help? :)

Anybody help me out here, im working on something for Tanoa Life and im trying to find the open animation for the new sliding gates (Land_ConcreteWall_01_l_gate_F) somebody help? :)

[wall, 'Door_1_move'] call BIS_fnc_SingleWingSlideDoorOpen;
[wall, 'Door_1_move'] call BIS_fnc_SingleWingSlideDoorClose;
  • Like 1

Thabkjs

How could i make that work with this script:

{
   if (_x animationPhase "Door_1_rot" = 1) then {
      _x animate ["Door_1_rot", 0];
   } else {
      _x animate ["Door_1_rot", 1];
   };
} forEach (nearestObjects [player, ["Land_BarGate_F"], 15]);

After I got a small update yesterday I cannot get into 3rd person although it has been enabled in Difficulty settings :(

Flicker Problem alpha layers that form the top of the trench walls.

Wow, do you have that all the time or just from a specific angle?

Retch

Tanoa is absolutely stunning thanks - I loved Lingor and I can see the inspiration taken from Icebreakr's great map.

But like Altis, it is next gen stunning.

Making missions right now - inspired BIS!

Retch

All the time : may be "sort alpha" ?

The rocks above Harcourt are a deathtrap for an infantry man. If you get on top of them you can get stuck sliding around and getting hurt. I couldn't get out even when trying to use vault/step over phase through trick.

ok, i dunno if this belongs here, but i found a glitch hole deathtrap around the area of lifou airfield

BMlYh2n

xY6tByG

Known issue I believe.

Seems to be fixed on DevBranch. At least up to a certain degree of zoom.

How could i make that work with this script:

{
   if (_x animationPhase "Door_1_rot" = 1) then {
      _x animate ["Door_1_rot", 0];
   } else {
      _x animate ["Door_1_rot", 1];
   };
} forEach (nearestObjects [player, ["Land_BarGate_F"], 15]);

I can't get the animationPhase command to work in game that's listed in the user action for the object which does work.. very odd.

Would like to see a solution to this ticket. From a lying position, automatically puts you back on your feet. It's so rare on Altis, and so often the Tanoa. Silly changes the position where you want to hide its presence.

https://feedback.bistudio.com/T118468

Would like to see a solution to this ticket. From a lying position, automatically puts you back on your feet. It's so rare on Altis, and so often the Tanoa. Silly changes the position where you want to hide its presence.

https://feedback.bistudio.com/T118468

I suspect a google translate issue, but I'm struggling to get the idea of what your trying to explain.

Sounds like an issue with character models standing up if they are on a steep slope... but from your feedback ticket I can't work out what night has anything to do with that.

Maybe a video or pictures would help?

I suspect a google translate issue, but I'm struggling to get the idea of what your trying to explain.

Sounds like an issue with character models standing up if they are on a steep slope... but from your feedback ticket I can't work out what night has anything to do with that.

Maybe a video or pictures would help?

There is no control over behavior. Doesn't keep situation "lying" in some situations.

https://youtu.be/f1OKXtsCYSo

I played mission, which purpose - night of cleaning of the village of bandits. It isn't possible to count , how many times character got automatically on feet and got a bullet.

I have to have control over behavior. To rise or lay down, has to be my decision.

• Like 1

I thought Lex's post was pretty clear: he means that your crawling character can automatically stand up if he hits an elevation. This situation is very clear on Altis if you crawl too close to those low stone walls. Your character may touch the wall and stand up (in a fire fight!). Lex is saying that this behaviour is even more of a problem on Tanoa with more hidden elevations/objects which trigger the standing up.

• Like 2

Thanks joostsidy , you understood me correctly.

Not sure if anyone has brought this up but with all the bridges on Tanoa it would be nice if they can be destructible so that we can make some missions around an ambush of a convoy or a destruction of a bridge as a mission objective with proper placement of explosives or even a missile from a launcher or aircraft.

• Like 1

I can deal with various unenterable buildings but the lack of destructibility of most buildings on Tanoa is something that I hope is going to be addressed in future. I've called an airstrike on a rickety tin shack full of opfor, only for it to still be standing when the smoke clears.  

• Like 4

Not sure if anyone has brought this up but with all the bridges on Tanoa it would be nice if they can be destructible so that we can make some missions around an ambush of a convoy or a destruction of a bridge as a mission objective with proper placement of explosives or even a missile from a launcher or aircraft.

Unfortunately they confirmed on Twitter "probably not".