pettka

Tanoa discussion (Dev-Branch)

They've stopped AI road traffic until snake managed to cross the road ;)

• Like 1

hi bis dev !  :)

are these any solution or plan for the midrange texture and grass distance ?

because its absolutely horrible , especially for tanoa , i think its acceptable for altis and stratis with a mediterranean environement with less vegitation  , but now with tropical environement this problem brake the immersion , i think its a time for fix this issue !

• Like 1

Not sure if bug or a feature: a trunk with a rock and a plant combined. :) on a footpath on SE part of the map leading south from a "town with a long bridge".

And you don't think that adds a natural element to the game... how? I mean look at it. It looks like it's meticulously placed, i find it hard to believe that isn't a feature, and it's probably like the only one downed decayed log over a walk path. I like this though, because LSV's (can sometimes) go over these small logs. Infantry have to go around. :P

6D1E8545E0A4342CB9A7C78E236D749A0D50627B

In this image its in georgetown, the elevated positions have an error where buildings and units start to derender through the fences, and around the news stand (G-REF:058102) 

Looks like there's a wrongly mapped UV layout on the rotor blur for the Falcon or something - check out the rotor blade, second to the left :) :

72b6ca7451.jpg

stuff deleted

In a big compound the maintence service of the vehice includes a cleaning service before the mission, but if you need this kind of "realism" I suggest create your own textures covered with fake bullets holes, dirt, mud, and blood to add more "realism".

Fake (your term) bullet holes, dirt etc. - lol everything in game is fake but since ArmA is mainly an combined arms game I think bullet holes, and dirt gives better immersion than shiny equipment.

Regarding the textures I can say the same to you, then you can get your shiny police cars and mil equipment strait from the factory line. Many weapons/objects already looks great with it's weathering and give the feeling of being used.

Anyway, I have said my opinion and so have you but as always it's up to the dev's what they decide to do.

PS: You still haven't told us what army you served in?

hi dev !

i update my post about midrange texture , and i am now in the dev build and i can say the midrange texture of 300m to 600m is much much better than before compared to the sneak preview build  , but we very appreciate if you can do a bit more, i am talking about texture of 20m to 300m , vegetation distance, and shadow distance !

thank's for your attention , and thank's for your hard work  !  :)

The harbor in Lijnhaven is very shallow. Especialy since there is a big container port, wich should work on container ships.

• Like 2

The harbor in Lijnhaven is very shallow. Especialy since there is a big container port, wich should work on container ships.

Agree!

When climbing ladders the LOD bugs out shortly after climbing onto the ladder from the roof. In the screenshot there are several buildings and trees behind digger. Grid ref is 118069 but I'd assume it affects all ladders.

http://i.imgur.com/0imSpr5.jpg

The whole terrain is quite shallow. I was looking for a good spot to place the HMS Proteus, couldn't really find one. :/

The whole terrain is quite shallow. I was looking for a good spot to place the HMS Proteus, couldn't really find one. :/

The sea bed drops off deep enough for HMS Proteus north of the sand bars that connect the small northern islands. 

This helped me find best underwater locations.

• Like 1

Something that needs to be fixed with the map is the sound of the shore. It's way to load, i've never heard a dock or a coast line this load before. Maybe this is the case with altis as well, but either way it's to much.

• Like 1

Yes, and also the sound seems to be coming from all around you rather than in the direction of the coast.

Why BIS, WHY?

:face_palm:

• Like 6

Something that needs to be fixed with the map is the sound of the shore. It's way to load, i've never heard a dock or a coast line this load before. Maybe this is the case with altis as well, but either way it's to much.

Sound design needs work IMO. Insects, your boots, wind, shore, seagulls, etc are always WAY TOO LOUD. Your weapon should be the loudest sound in the game. Wish we had more individual channels to adjust for different sound types.

Why BIS, WHY?

:face_palm:

Because Apex is crown jewel of lots of smaller based tasks (barring audio updates and switching weapon on the move)

In apex we get

ViV, Situational awareness radar, Thermal nvgs, quick join, new main menu interface, VON improvements,

limping, targeting improvements, AI pathfinding and target identification and movements (check luetin youtube for that one)

which I would say trades for more complex feature overhauls like we received (bipods, Firing from vehicle, slingloading...)

lots of smaller tasks in exchange of letting out complex features like revamping action menu interface,

bolt action system, better developed vehicle in vehicle system, fast roping, logistics...

Because Apex is crown jewel of lots of smaller based tasks (barring audio updates and switching weapon on the move)

In apex we get

ViV, Situational awareness radar, Thermal nvgs, quick join, new main menu interface, VON improvements,

limping, targeting improvements, AI pathfinding and target identification and movements (check luetin youtube for that one)

which I would say trades for more complex feature overhauls like we received (bipods, Firing from vehicle, slingloading...)

lots of smaller tasks in exchange of letting out complex features like revamping action menu interface,

bolt action system, better developed vehicle in vehicle system, fast roping, logistics...

I see what you mean, but that was not my point.

My point was, that BIS is (hopefully) aware of the interaction issues with doors close to each other. So I was just asking myself why they didn't avoid building layouts like this to prevent the issue to begin with.

• Like 2

I see what you mean, but that was not my point.

My point was, that BIS is (hopefully) aware of the interaction issues with doors close to each other. So I was just asking myself why they didn't avoid building layouts like this to prevent the issue to begin with.

Good point.I assumed buildings are finished and doors can't be moved so issue persist.

i honestly don't see how fast roping or bolt action animations are anywhere close to being as essential as opening a door. sorry to sound like a hater but the priority on the interaction system has been way off for a (long!) while now. it's easy to rationalise stuff you got numb to due to "desensibilisation therapy" (15 years of the most clunky door system in video game history *dramatic exaggeration..kind of*).

i think Revo's frustration is very justified. just look at the video and tell me door interaction doesn't look like pre-alpha material. it's simply broken. and he's also right on the money about the building layouts.

at least be conscious about the limitations and work around with them. i know it's probably due to lack of communication of game design department and contracted artists or something rather than pure ignorance, but what difference does that make to all the players gettings stuck like that...again...again..."15 years later"...and again.

here's hoping for a time when pointing out one of the most glaring issues this game has doen't result in "because priorities bro" counters.

Good point.I assumed buildings are finished and doors can't be moved so issue persist.

EDIT: i'm hoping for the opposite. fingers crossed that there's still a window to correct some of that before july 11th.

• Like 5

Vehicles have no collision on top of the walls of the fortress ruins at grid 120024

Objects like "Land_Sidewalk_01_4m_F" and other sidewalks that are being placed in the editor don't have collision as well.

• Like 1

i honestly don't see how fast roping or bolt action animations are anywhere close to being as essential as opening a door.

Fixing something already present in the game shouldn't be compared to adding new features. In an 'Expansion' I'm looking for an expansion of capabilities and content. I'd imagine if a features list for an expansion had a dozen bullet points that were just fixes we'd all be pretty disappointed.

• Like 1

Vehicles have no collision on top of the walls of the fortress ruins at grid 120024

And ragdolls have no collision with 'Land_CurbIsland_01_start_F' and 'Land_CurbIsland_01_end_F' and ragdolls also kind of sink into the sidewalks that Belbo mentioned