pettka

Tanoa discussion (Dev-Branch)

BI, Please fix the MX-Pacific series. It's too bright, not green enough. It's super shiny and doesn't really fit with the rest of the camo. 

Also, i find it odd there's no Survival Fatigues for either CTRG (Pacific) or NATO (Pacific). These need to be fixed.

Sniper (jungle) and Ghillie (Jungle) should have leaves, not grass. If you look at a large portion of nations that have ghillie's for jungles, they contain leaves as well. What the ghillie's currently look like, is bright green moss, basically, which doesn't exactly fit into the environment all that well.

• Like 5

I don't know if this is the best place for feedback but I will leave it here anyway.

-Units

The NATO(Pacific)>Turrets units do not include (Raised) variants of the HMG/GMG.

The Prowler(armed) main gun can be very difficult to use while moving in jungle. Suggest swapping it from Thermal HMG to the minigun like the CSAT variant.

I'm sure this is obvious but the NATO(Pacific) vehicles are all still using tan camouflage, Since CSAT have their vehicles re-textured I'm sure this is on your agenda of things to do.

-Terrain

I love the rail system you have running throughout the island but i did notice the maintenance crews must be getting a little slack and are letting many trees hand low over the track. This can be hazardous to the locomotives as well as a safety concern due to poor sightlines.

The number of non enter-able buildings we now have is a bit disjointing, even if they are just basic interiors it is better than a textured window.

Hopefully this can be rectified after the release of Apex as I don't imagine you have much time right now.

At grid 140120 there is large circular fuel silo that is mostly underground, since all the tanks around it are above ground i assume this is a placement error.

That is all for now, Hopefully the Railway maintenance crews stop playing ArmA 3 and get back to work.

I kinda dig the BugPredator look ... its like someone thought .... super scary + jungle = predator .... csat has  bug helmets ... well why not .. 

Just be glad we dont have shoulder mounted 50cals  :D  :D

Also +1 on making the mx series a little bit more british racing green

Wait..is a CoD soldier ?¿ the worst thing i've seen in Arma in years.. really don't fit whit the game...

ZxHwfzy.jpg

Their general design is an interesting idea: give me more ideas for a world copied from Pandora with a different exogenous vegetation, of course, and dropships, etc.

• Like 1

When will apex be released on linux?

I'm guessing it will be available on the official release at least?

It would be good if apex was released before the official release on linux as well as this would help us find bugs.

• Like 1

If I make a mission now in Apex sneak preview, will it be available (and working correctly) after the official release of the 1.62 update?

Wait..is a CoD soldier ?¿ the worst thing i've seen in Arma in years.. really don't fit whit the game...

http://i.imgur.com/ZxHwfzy.jpg

Personally I love it.

It is great that there are future type warfare gear out here as almost BARELY no one makes SciFi other than the Lost Dragons, Operation Trebuchet, Exo, EXTerrestrial or Jurassic Arma mods. Even the great ARMA 2 Aliens / UFO type mods never made it over compared to all the modern gear, WWII and Nam mods.

Its a balance issue.

But I understand the old guard still loves their old school gear and many of it has been already made available by the community but not the other way around for near future or scifi gear.

Kinda like watching movies. Tons of war movie fans but we all want to see something different even though we all agree to blow up the bad guys in the most realistic and horrific ways possible! :D

Edited by R0adki11
removed quoted image as per forum rules
  • Like 4

im sure the csat-x suit is inspired by crysis nanosuit..

And Nanosuit is inspired by... what exactly?

I'm sure Crytek saw some futuristic stuff somewhere (on military websites, comics, books, whatever) and draw inspiration from there.

You can't just claim Crysis is the only source of BIS' inspiration.

http://i.imgur.com/ZxHwfzy.jpg

It does if the game is STILL set around 2035 AD ;) Edited by R0adki11
removed quoted image as per forum rules
  • Like 4

ZxHwfzy.jpg

I would be more concerned about that blue container at the back that looks like it is from Battlefield 3, what a disappointment really!

• Like 3

It img=http://i.imgur.com/ZxHwfzy.jpg

I think that it not look like something from COD In my opinion. It looks like more to a uniform for splinter cell conviction, except for the camo lol anyway i love it

Edited by R0adki11
removed quoted images as per the forum rules!

Is there any changes to the dimensions of the new character units? As in are custom vest addons going to look out of place, or are they more or less the same units as in Initial release of the Game?

Installed and tried it out. Impressions so far:

1. PM 9mm is offset from the holster.

2. The new drone should, IMO, replace the vanilla CSAT drone. It helps that it's not identical to what NATO uses.

3. While the new equipment is awesome, some additional textures would be really nice. For example, I hope that VTOLs will get a black texture (I think it'd be good for some scenarios) and that "Stealth Helmet" will be available in a few more camo options (including standard NATO and black/gray).

4. CSAT gear has gone from silly to absurd. :) As if the bug helmets weren't bad enough, now their special forces look like Replica soldiers... CTRG helmet at least looks like some sort of gas mask (though the type it resembles was phased out because filters were hard to change). Really, the CSAT face masks should get at least a minor revision, making them look more like gas masks than "tacticool" airsoft helmets.

Addressing 4. do you honestly think they will put all their work from concept art to 3D modelling, texturing and producing, down the pan because someone thinks its absurd?

Questioning design choices at this point is pointless as it is extremely unlikely to change.

• Like 1

I don't know how much effort would it take to change the textures or even the mesh, but seeing as we're talking a single helmet with two paintjobs (it didn't even get the CSAT Urban camo), I think that it's worth a shot. As you can see from this thread, I'm not the only one who thinks that (though there are people who like it, too).

I just think that the whole Viper gear looks too much like something out of FEAR (as I said, either elite Replicas or Nightcrawlers) or maybe Crysis. It does not look like something a professional military force would be wearing in 2035. It gives them a downright "evil" look, which is something a military force would probably prefer to avoid. At the very least, editing the texture to recolor the eyes (there's hardly a more cliche element than those in the entire series) and remove the "skull face" would improve things a bit from the immersion standpoint. CSAT is, after all, meant to be taken seriously, right?

Agree with callmehtommeh. The release is less than a month away what you're seeing is why you'll get.

Post a Thousand times, this is what we're getting. Do what we do in the real world, enjoy what you like and ignore what you don't. It's not like all the mods for Arma 3 are going to stop working. Apex not current enough? Use the variety of mods a available:)

I'm happy to see we have some current opfor weapons coming in vanilla form!

• Like 1

AK-12 with 7,62mm?
cmon guys @ BIS...original this weapon has 5,45mm!

SPAR-16/S/GL:
the optics on the weapon have been placed something too far into the front and looks really ugly, the spar-17 hasn't this "fail looking optics", place them more centered above tha magazine!
For my opinion the vanilla silencers are really ugly and remember me of long black dildos. Why no silcener types like the one from T-115?? short and really sexy! *yum* *yum*

Screenshot ingame:
ayg0CLF.jpg

GBNaa0r.jpg

Here the SPAR-17 and this looks really good!!!! do it like for the SPAR-17

lm9opu3.jpg

For the Blackfish passenger variant, you can throw nades and shoot from the inner passenger cockpit seats?_?

another questions for the blackfash, there is a camera but how to use this? Co-Pilot have not this feature!

The Prowler sounds a bit weird in acceleration and switching gear up.

The new NVG's really that hard op full thermal vision screen over the whole pc monitor? Overhaul it so it looks like an nv screen with the black borders around the lense.

It gives them a downright "evil" look, which is something a military force would probably prefer to avoid.

That's not true, fear factor is preferable in many cases and menacing looks help in demoralizing the enemy.

Wait..is a CoD soldier ?¿ the worst thing i've seen in Arma in years.. really don't fit with the game...

ZxHwfzy.jpg

Holy shit i love this!! And I normally hate futuristic stuff but it just says Bad Muthafucker all over it

That's not true, fear factor is preferable in many cases and menacing looks help in demoralizing the enemy.

Yeah, I imagine CSAT special forces looking more like this or this than this. :)

Debatable. It's true that there is an advantage to looking menacing, but modern military forces deal with civilians a lot. Generally, if you're wearing something like that, you'll scare the crap out of civilians. Combined with the fact that generally, the enemy doesn't see you up close (or at all, ideally) in a firefight, I think it's preferable to have soldiers look less menacing. Now, SWAT teams or special forces (which I presume the Viper unit is) do get some leeway on this, but BIS design still seems excessive.

Also, I don't like the fact that it's making CSAT look "villainous" in a very cliched way. It dehumanizes them and makes them look like obvious bad guys, which is unrealistic and really not "ArmA-style". NATO doesn't even get full face concealment by default (though you can have Stealth Helmet+combat googles combo if you want that effect) and uses a lot more down to earth design. I know we're close to release and all that, but if fixing texture bugs is possible, then requesting adjustments such as eye color and mask details should be, too. 

BTW, could a mod transplant the gear discussion to the appropriate thread? A lot has been said on the topic in this thread, but now that a dedicated one has been created, it seems like a better place for this discussion.

AK-12 being 7.62 is fine. It's basically a modern AKM. The Spar-17 however, doesn't sound very convincing as a 7.62 weapon.

• Like 1