pettka

Tanoa discussion (Dev-Branch)

This is the Tanoa discussion thread right?.......I thought i'd clicked on the Apex speculation thread by mistake.  :P  

• Like 1

Honestly I find it to be a toxic community, let down by its past of using files without the designers permission and the amount of trolling it brings with it.  <_<

Oh, and it is not just that. I'm an IT guy. I do servers for a living. One of my last "clients" was a fourteen years old kid (yes, fourteen), who paid me top euro for having a 10$ VPS variant up and running with AL in 4 hours. It is actually hard to believe. :) Then YT is bloated with gameplays of "Cop Execution" etc...

They have this pay2win concept very well made. Wanna be better than others? Pay up. I don't have actually problem with that, as previously stated, everyone does what he can. But I've seen way too much monetized AL servers with either ripped off content, or content used without permission, even not giving the original modder a credit. Can't agree with that.

EDIT: Yes, sorry, I think we got a little bit OT here. Won't happen again.

Edited by XerXesCZ
  • Like 1

I really don't understand why everyone is going on about non-enterable buildings. If there is one thing I never did on Altis, then it's walking into every house... because they all looked the same and they are all empty. Even filling them all up in the editor isn't going to work out, due to too many objects required + performance drain.

You've never been fighting in a town and ran inside the nearest building for cover? Nobody is going into buildings to admire the decor. It's about not getting killed. Lives are at stake, man!

• Like 3

Tanoa is full of trees and bushes. You can as well run behind them.

You hear that, guys? Next time you're getting shot at, don't run for the nearest concrete structure, hide in a bush! See you next time for more Combat Tips with your deliberately obtuse host, lexx!

(I know the interiors aren't going to change and we're all just going to have to get over it, but pretending it's not a step back for the game does not diminish the issue).

(P.S. I'm totally over it)

- the lack of the sound of twigs breaking when passing through

- jungle soil produce dust particles

Tanoa is full of trees and bushes. You can as well run behind them.

Concealment != cover. :)

Just came from the E3 livestream, apparently vehicles and weapons are being staged on dev-branch soon! 1.01.01.0

Just came from the E3 livestream, apparently vehicles and weapons are being staged on dev-branch soon! 1.01.01.0

They've already been a while in the apex sneak preview branch ;)

No update queued yet, but there's another apex_sneak_preview branch you can subscribe to.

They've already been a while in the apex sneak preview branch ;)

How do you access it if you preordered months ago? I've got no downloads/access to the units  :o

Here's how: 

037f62c96e6921e9f0dc5aac8b8237d0.png

• Like 1

Have anyone managed to download Apex sneak peak on steam already?

You hear that, guys? Next time you're getting shot at, don't run for the nearest concrete structure, hide in a bush! See you next time for more Combat Tips with your deliberately obtuse host, lexx!

Well, you know, that second chapter of the A3 campaign was called "Adapt" - maybe people should do that too when it comes to Tanoa and locked houses.

• Like 1

brb- dying from a hype attack and loading in the new Apex units  :wub:

All units below!! 

3b932b7ab395907db517df629959d2ff.png

861213812131048f054cc7c749b7d896.png

00bc23a4c4bc356eec37d9e4381d627c.png

• Like 3

Well look at you and your fast internet... show off.

I'm at 1.1GB/3GB so far and started almost the instant the stream said we could.

• Like 1

Can we have a discussion thread for weapons and one for the vehicles. I have tons of feedback and don't want to get it lost in between other things.

• Like 4

Man can't wait! CallMehTOMMEH, nice photos! Can't wait until the work day is over. What is up with the hexagon wheels on the fuel truck? lol. What is the new factions side? Independent?

~dub

Thanks for the "try before you buy" offer there BIS.  I was previously reticent to buy before but having tried out the new units etc I'd say there's enough content to keep me busy building missions etc so good job in that it swayed me to buy.   :)

As some other posters have mentioned, the names of the new Resistance faction are silly and make them sound like they are bad guys from Doom.   "OMG there's an Oppressor" etc.. (just my opinion though but it's a bit gamey)

• Like 5

Installed and tried it out. Impressions so far:
1. PM 9mm is offset from the holster.

2. The new drone should, IMO, replace the vanilla CSAT drone. It helps that it's not identical to what NATO uses.

3. While the new equipment is awesome, some additional textures would be really nice. For example, I hope that VTOLs will get a black texture (I think it'd be good for some scenarios) and that "Stealth Helmet" will be available in a few more camo options (including standard NATO and black/gray).

4. CSAT gear has gone from silly to absurd. :) As if the bug helmets weren't bad enough, now their special forces look like Replica soldiers... CTRG helmet at least looks like some sort of gas mask (though the type it resembles was phased out because filters were hard to change). Really, the CSAT face masks should get at least a minor revision, making them look more like gas masks than "tacticool" airsoft helmets.

Wait..is a CoD soldier ?¿ the worst thing i've seen in Arma in years.. really don't fit with the game...

ZxHwfzy.jpg

• Like 3