pettka

Tanoa discussion (Dev-Branch)

Is it possible to ask the developer of the island, so they removed the sound of running air conditioners? Irritating to much.

Is it possible to ask the developer of the island, so they removed the sound of running air conditioners? Irritating to much.

I so glad they the devs are actually adding stuff like this into the fabric of the island.  More of this please.  :)

• Like 5

I wouldn't go as far as removing the sound altogether, but it's a bit silly that the AC is bullet proof too, would be nice to be able to shoot them to death (and quiet).

• Like 1

Apex predators would be pretty hard methinks.

Would be great to have jaguar/tigers but dont you think they would need a pretty advanced fsm compared to the current stock? Unless you dont mind them kinda hanging out, meandering in circles without a care in the world :P

Sharks would be easier as water is much easier pathfinding-wise.

There are no large land predators on Fiji, so for once the non-inclusion of something actually makes sense. Wish I could say the same about women, furniture etc...

• Like 1

Not sure why people are so fixated on unenterable buildings on a jungle terrain

For the same reasons they'd be concerned about it on any kind of terrain that had an abundance of civilian settlements. I'm not sure why you think the local flora has anything to do with it.

• Like 1

I think someone mentioned raptors in this thread so I made a video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ypl4Q8JMewo

omg! when the second one hit you the frist time. "swipe!" but you didn't even see him. :o

Can you spot the "beautiful" mid range textures? :mellow:

http://image.prntscr.com/image/ffc68319312b4fd38c2fd13f66159c83.png

that looks more like an unfinished sat map to be honest. seems like they just still have to equalize the colurs and even it out.

Could you remove the door handles from the doors that can't be opened? It isn't fun to think that the door is openable but then it isn't. I think it was actually DayZ dev team that said long time ago that they'll try to be clear what door isn't openable so only those that can be opened have handles.

Of course now that doesn't apply because pretty much every door is openable but back in the day it wasn't like that.

I myself always think that if I see a handle on a door, I can open it and it feels weird if it can't be opened.

• Like 1

Could you remove the door handles from the doors that can't be opened? It isn't fun to think that the door is openable but then it isn't. I think it was actually DayZ dev team that said long time ago that they'll try to be clear what door isn't openable so only those that can be opened have handles.

Of course now that doesn't apply because pretty much every door is openable but back in the day it wasn't like that.

I myself always think that if I see a handle on a door, I can open it and it feels weird if it can't be opened.

This. And two other things for buildings:

• Add more vertical access points to buildings in the city such as ladders. Easy to add, and opens up the city more than just playing 'around' buildings we can't go inside

• Add the interiors for buildings that have already been modelled. There are some buildings that have like one or two enterable rooms and the other 4 are completely closed off. Why not copy the models across to those rooms too? Just seems odd  :wacko:

Could you remove the door handles from the doors that can't be opened?

I always take the door handle with me when I lock my front door.

• Like 10

For the same reasons they'd be concerned about it on any kind of terrain that had an abundance of civilian settlements. I'm not sure why you think the local flora has anything to do with it.

they compromise on 'nice to have' things to focus on designing the thing which sets the terrain apart from others. i dont see the problem

Brightcandle from my community Charlie Foxtrot Operations has made a nice video to compare performance in Tanoa to Altis.

Just found a modder on Reddit has made a script that makes all building rooftops accessible in Tanoa

Watch the video here- this seriously looks amazing and needs to be added to the vanilla version! 2.0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QP58Lv_-Vec

So you found it on Reddit but missed it on the forum ;)

https://forums.bistudio.com/topic/191430-v03-mp-compatible-access-points/

• Like 1

Could you quote the answer for me, or link it to me  :) ?

No, as it's obvious you're trolling, there's 63 pages in this thread, where it's been mentioned numerous times, it's obvious you didn't read through all of this thread ! ;)

• Like 1

I've noticed that one can find quite some interesting things whilst walking through tanoa day and night. 

Like this person who obviously thought it was a good idea to put his magic beans underneith his abode.

fd30a183a49b8ed6e4efadedfabf8e88.jpg

A pathway to another dimension in the dock at 111052

40caae3e25d6243a6ecdf35aa5c6a679.jpg

But the most terrifying one of all, cue the X-files music here boys. 
I was having a stroll at the beach when suddenly i spotted a mystical creature crawling up from the water, I managed to get my camera and take a picture of it, must be some extra terrestrial of some sort.e90d62f055ba690ab40a8217a3aedafe.jpg

• Like 1

Tanoa and new driving AI tests made me to try dev branch for the first time. I was determined to familiarize with Tanoa using Pilgrimage port by Vafana, and give some meritoric feedback but so far the latter failed completely due to the first. What I see, what I hear is so immersive and amazing, I was completely mesmerized by Tanoa and couldn't think about any criticism at this point. This map seems to be too atmospheric and climatic, too beautiful to allow me to think sober enough for any useful, constructive criticism for now, sorry. 

I definitelly have to complete my concept for new scenario on Tanoa, it would be better for it, than I thought, just perfect. 

• Like 6

There are some plants and trees growing though the concrete surface at position [1803.43,11841.6,0]. I am not sure if that's intended.

Parts of the concrete wall on the pier at [1722.17,11843.6,0] are slightly misplaced. One can see that there are pieces overlapping.

The back side of the sign at [1797.85,11971.5,0] has a texture. Don't think that's neccessary.

Wza4Tbz.jpg

The container at [1990.71,12965.9,0] are misplaced

Stone wall around radio tower overlaps with rocks at [2980.22,13071.9,0]

Boat at [3907.1,12874.7,0] is flying :P

Same as the first point [4191.71,11700.3,0]

I believe that was mentioned earlier. The outside toilet is empty. [3170.56,11448.9,0]

Random junk clips though fence at [3142.93,11429.6,0]

Trees grow into barracks at [3947.1,13851.6,0]

Same as above at [3876.01,13888.3,0]

Same as above at [3814.01,13935.5,0]

That's all I found at the western island

End of the wooden pier at [3860.39,2981.87,0] is in a bit of an annoying/odd position. I think it should probably be moved a metre or two to the side to make it a bit more sense.

Screenshot: move the end of the pier to somewhere around the yellow sphere. http://i.imgur.com/1H9fS01.jpg

I`ve been checking out Tanoa for some days now and it's great. I really look forward to the final release.

One thing has been bothering me a lot, though...

In my opinion there is far too less grit around. Taking a stroll around the villages and cities maked me wonder if I'm in bubble gum country. Moar rust! This is the south pacific. Everything is gritty and rusty there... I think. :)

Will there be more dirt and grit in the release?

• Like 2

I always take the door handle with me when I lock my front door.

I couldn't contain myself when i read this. Gold.

On another note, the locked doors are fine. You can't go through them, and it's by design. However, i believe the buildings that are enter-able, like the warehouse blue, should have their garage doors enabled like other garages do. But if a building has locked doors, which behind nothing is modeled, there's no point to ask BI to make them interactive, which would require BI to model more interiors, which would in tern effect the current awesome performance, in a negative way.