pettka

Tanoa discussion (Dev-Branch)

just to add some "implication" :D

Sir, your piloting priviliges have just been revoked... ;)

Apex predators would be pretty hard methinks.

Would be great to have jaguar/tigers but dont you think they would need a pretty advanced fsm compared to the current stock? Unless you dont mind them kinda hanging out, meandering in circles without a care in the world :P

Sharks would be easier as water is much easier pathfinding-wise.

Sounds a bit like the old AI! :D

Seriously, can I request that people don't quote three full-HD screenshots just to add a single line of text?

Yes please can you do this, especially as it does say in the forum rules not to do it ;)

Remove image/video tags when quoting:

If you quote a post that contains an image, please remove the image tag or the whole image, or if it contains an embedded video remove the tags so the image of the video is not shown in your quote. This will help keep the thread tidy and easier to read.

Considering a search for "E" Everyone rated games which include Violence, Blood/Gore, Sexuality, Nudity, Language and Substances maxed out the search results, I'd say sure, add on Drug References!  ESRB is clearly meaningless. :)

8rnz556.jpg

Several posts have said they would like to see predators such as sharks in Tanoa. For those unaware, a wonderful Great White shark mod is being worked on now.I'm helping with some testing and I can say these sharks are looking awesome in game now :D

Great White Shark mod, by B@Co : https://forums.bistudio.com/topic/190671-great-white-shark/

sJU6bWq.jpg

• Like 1

OK. One more question. I'm drunk or in a cave is liquor store?

FLtBMiEODHg.jpg

Edited by BohemiaBeck
Put image behind "Spoiler" tag.

^^

Yeah I found that one too and followed the path thinking it might be an Easter Egg, it was nothing :(

Is this still a placeholder? Or is that supposed to be the final model? It looks very poor compared to the rest of the assetts in the city in terms of detail on the texture.

20160611190023_1vbuny.jpg

• Like 2

I salute whoever built the big rocky cliff with the cave in it, I scaled the sides using the step-over animation only to find the exit when I got to the top :D Splendid view!

I salute whoever built the big rocky cliff with the cave in it, I scaled the sides using the step-over animation only to find the exit when I got to the top :D Splendid view!

Where is it?

Speaking of liquor...

There are certain prop objects that should be included in every release, as they're super useful for mission designers.  I hope to see the following in all future Arma releases:

• Single stack of money.  Mission designers can then make stacks however big they want.
  • Liquor bottles and beer cans.  Bar scenes, after action parties, etc.  Its bad enough with no women, but no booze?
  • Single gold bullion bar.
  • Worker with hard hat.
  • Dudes in business suits.  Use for politicians, secret service, vip hostages, etc.
  • Oil rig

"Nice to haves":

• Fishing pole with fishing animation
  • Crabs.   I've been to those islands, and those mangroves and beaches are crawling with zillions of crabs.
  • Big shark
  • Interesting Dive Sites (coral tunnels, trenches, shallow drop offs to steep walls).  Fiji is a world-class dive destination.
  • Like 3

Where is it?

Why deny yourself the pleasure of finding all these cool locations......seek and ye shall find.

• Like 1

Where is it?

It'll be more fun if you find it yourself but:

It's to the east of the dead volcano near Comms Bravo.

Will all houses be accesible like on Altis, or will they stay like they are now?  :wacko:

This has been answered repeatedly since Tanoa hit dev branch.

OK. One more question. I'm drunk or in a cave is liquor store?

I would also like to request to put things like this in "Spoiler" tags. Some people want to discover that by themselves.

• Like 3

Could you quote the answer for me, or link it to me  :) ?

Some of the heli-proof tree canopies also curve to the ground which prevents players from walking through them. Will upload video.

Are people able to shoot through chain link fences, as I was unable to today.

Are people able to shoot through chain link fences, as I was unable to today.

Just tested it on a few fences around the place and it worked fine. Is it somewhere specific?

Will all houses be accesible like on Altis, or will they stay like they are now?  :wacko:

Still looking for an answer or a quote from an earlier answer.  :)

The current plan is that not all buildings will be enterable.

Edit: Beat me haleks :)

Please test this addon http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=19524for altis, go into the subfolder "off" and select the "light"-version. After a week please switch back to default and try to repeat what you have wrote. Force in driver settings 16AF to get 16x anisotropic filtering instead of only 8x, when you set af to "ultra" in arma3-settings.

Wut? Altis? To what end? I can assure you I'm very aware of the problems and proposed fixes related to Arma's poor terrain rendering at the 'middle distance', even so far as to go to the trouble of making my own mid-detail tiles individualized for Altis/Stratis and each of the A2 terrains. The point I was making is that, despite being highly sensitive to the issue in general, for me the problem is much less apparent on Tanoa because it's largely either 1) dense vegetation where you can't see the ground at all or; 2) low grasslands where one doesn't expect to see a whole lot of variation in the surface. It could certainly be better (though we knew it wouldn't be) but it's probably the first Arma terrain where I don't find it a source of constant irritation.