pettka

Tanoa discussion (Dev-Branch)

can we at least expect the buildings you can enter to be furnished at some point in the future?

Only in missions, certainly not in the map straight out of the box.

I'm actually quite disappointed that some of the Garage's aren't openable. Like this one.

http://images.akamai...262FBBDD2875B2/

Where as a handful of other garages are openable, but are placed to where use of the garage would be less ideal. Could you perhaps make the doors on these openable as well, based on it's value for gameplay.?

I agree 100%.  Garages with a door half-way down that can't be used to store a vehicle are a bummer.  We want to be able to hide vehicles in garages, preferably with functioning doors.

• Like 1

I would love to see rivers/canals navigable by AI.  Seems like there ought to be road-equivalent logic built-in to canals/rivers, so boat AI can navigate them.  The mangrove river in screenshot below is a beautiful spot with an inland dock.  AI should be able to follow the path I outlined:

navigate_River.jpg

Also, it would be awesome if the civilian longboat shown below was usable with FFV positions.  :)

civ_Long_Boat.jpg

• Like 2

The mangrove river in screenshot below is a beautiful spot with an inland dock.  AI should be able to follow the path I outlined:

Also, the mangroves are so thick that the AI can't navigate through them. In that particular spot, if you want to take a boat up the inlet and disembark near the dock, the AI has to go all the way around the bridge to the north to get onto dry land.

+1 for those boats being playable. They'd lend a nice bit of civilian ambience. Frankly I think the fishing boats would be more useful to missions than the jet ski.

• Like 2

^^^ Your really down with those rowboats eh brother :P

Fight the good fight

• Like 1

+1 for those boats being playable. They'd lend a nice bit of civilian ambience. Frankly I think the fishing boats would be more useful to missions than the jet ski.

Exactly.  Those long boats are beautiful and fit perfectly for these islands.  Would be great for smugglers, resistance, and ambience.  Larger fishing boats like those in ARMA II would be welcome also.

• Like 1

Wooden power poles can be knocked down, leaving powerlines suspended in midair

probably powerlines should be indestructibe due to this

Ok I have used the Arma 3 tools to setup a seperate dev branch install. But cannot access the tanoa map in the editor. How to i get it from the normal launcher when I switch it to dev to the standalone deve install so I dont have to keep switching and waiting for 6GB of stuff to download?

Wooden power poles can be knocked down, leaving powerlines suspended in midair

probably powerlines should be indestructibe due to this

I don't know what can be done with the lines themselves, but I'd rather have them disappear when the pole gets knocked down than to have these unobtainium poles capable of stopping even an MBT.

I don't know what can be done with the lines themselves, but I'd rather have them disappear when the pole gets knocked down than to have these unobtainium poles capable of stopping even an MBT.

You can script the cleanup of the powerlines as a last resort.

Ok I have used the Arma 3 tools to setup a seperate dev branch install. But cannot access the tanoa map in the editor. How to i get it from the normal launcher when I switch it to dev to the standalone deve install so I dont have to keep switching and waiting for 6GB of stuff to download?

Workaround...

- Switch to Dev-Branch in Steam.

- Use GameUpdater.exe to install a seperated Main-Branch installation.

• Like 1

Launcher version: 1.5.136739

Game version: 1.63.136741

Branch: development

Massive performance improvement. As of now. little to none LOD switching.

Also, I like new compass for soldiers  ;)

@BIS

Have you done something with lightning or shadows, looks different and superb

arma3_2016_06_10_21_09_31_566.jpg

• Like 3

Hello folks does anyone know when the apex contents such as weapons will release is there any words on it so far ?

Hello folks does anyone know when the apex contents such as weapons will release is there any words on it so far ?

BIS does. We don't.

• Like 1

Part of the airport at the following position is not properly recognized by Eden, meaning, that the snap to surface isn't working. [11834.7,13202.5,0]

BIS is this intentional that this window panels are not breaking??

http://i.imgur.com/yk5JXEN.jpg

And on that Blue garage with semi opened doors, back doors glass is not breaking(even if you can hear sound of bullet hitting glass) and any glass in that building there is 3 glass panels and which ever you shoot you break all 3. I know this is nitpicking but that catched my eye

• Like 1

I know people have been complaining about enterable buildings, but I think the added rooftop accessibility more than makes up for it. The real problem is that AI has no real way to access those rooftops. You'd have to manually place them on rooftops and then use a bunch of commands to lock them in place. It'd be nice if BIS could find a way to remedy this.

Has anyone made a ticket for this or is it a feature request? I think someone said that the top of the building counts as building positions.

next week. Earliest this weekend.

Hopefully BIS can call up the guys at Bohemia Interactive Simulation and borrow/buy/steal their flowing water technology and advanced water simulation from VBS3 so we can actually have functioning rivers.

[/size]
Not going to happen.

Any way to use steamcmd to download the dev branch?

I've tried:

steamcmd.exe +login USERNAME PASSWORD +force_install_dir C:\ARMA3 +app_update "107410 -beta development validate" +quit

But it only gives me version 1.60 and not 1.63

Also tried appid 233780 and diffrent variations of the quotes around app_update with the same result.

There are definitely advantages to have less enterable buildings. Towns on altis could take forever to clear and this makes for some less dragged out gameplay, models are easier to make, and the performance benefits greatly.

But the way less enterable buildings have been done is disappointing.

1. Some of the buildings that (should) have (had) the biggest effect on gameplay(like the skyscrapers in Georgetown), were made completely non-enterable, and multiple cases impossible to reach the top of without a helicopter.

2. Many times you think you can enter a building, but when you get inside you cant access a lot of the rooms. Buildings should either have a complete interior, or none at all.

3. In cases where it is deemed necessary to have parts of the interior inaccessible, it should be clearly communicated where you can and cannot go, but BI never goes beyond removing a door knob that is easy to miss, and even then in many cases they still leave in so you have to memorize what doors can be opened.

I know that it is too late to redo the buildings, but here are some things that CAN BE DONE before apex release:

1. Barricade doors that cannot be opened(fx using planks, or placing something in front of the door). you only need to give the door a glance and you know you cant enter.

2. Add ladders/exterior staircases to tall buildings that are missing them.

I have highlighted some bad cases in this album, as well as some where it was done right:

http://imgur.com/a/QEaZw

• Like 7

If we accept that the doors are simply locked or bolted then I don't see why that fact should be flagged to a player prior to their attempting to open one.

• Like 2

Exactly.  Those long boats are beautiful and fit perfectly for these islands.  Would be great for smugglers

Absolutely!  attachTo to the rescue:

7iUuxcx.jpg

• Like 13

Any way to use steamcmd to download the dev branch?

Cant you use GameUpdater.exe which comes with Arma3-Tools?

If we accept that the doors are simply locked or bolted then I don't see why that fact should be flagged to a player prior to their attempting to open one.

Even in that case I would like to get some feedback on the fact that the door is locked, and it's not just the action menu acting up.

Check 6:00 in this video https://youtu.be/0XojVUZJPmc?t=6