pettka

Tanoa discussion (Dev-Branch)

In forests of Thailand for example there are certainly ferns that big.

Agree that the models for the bushes and trees are furkin marvelous!

• Like 2

Okay, so you downloaded Tanoa just to stare out, while providing no helpful feedback or reports. Bravo. You are the standard user who signs up for Alpha's and Beta's and plays and shares pics/videos on a NDA. Got it. 

I'm off here for the day, that's enough lack of common sense for one day.

EDIT: Ha, then you have a PayPal link in your sig asking people to support your work, when you can't even support BIS haha. Gold. Gold logic!

Don't you think it's a bit hypocritical to ask for specific type of feedback while providing none yourself?

Then again, seeing you associate yourself with reddit I'm not surprised.

• Like 2

How can I be moderator of the forums?

A good way to start is knowing the forum rules...Like the one about keeping posts on topic.

• Like 5

I did not produce this video, I'm just a subscriber.

I am pretty sure AI does not see through bushes or tree. At all.

However, they hear too well. Way over the top well. They detect you by hearing your movement up to 60 meters, which is simply not what it should be. That is why you get the impression they see through bushes.

I did not produce this video, I'm just a subscriber.

So, without having to watch a 40 min video, is that a yes or a no? :)

• Like 1

No... a big resounding no...

YouTube wasn't cooperating this morn but I have a 2 min video I can upload later

Does anybody else have this message when launching/updating Dev brach from GameUpdater? Any fixes?

5gf5O90.jpg

Are females confirmed?

O84iTdU.jpg

It looks like some sort of dress to me......

• Like 4

Does anybody else have this message when launching/updating Dev brach from GameUpdater? Any fixes?

Same problem here

make dev branch your main branch and use game updater for the stable branch. at least it's a temorary fix. and i assume dev branch will update Tanoa a lot until release. so having auto update withotu being forced offline on steam might be useful anyways.

I am pretty sure AI does not see through bushes or tree. At all.

However, they hear too well. Way over the top well. They detect you by hearing your movement up to 60 meters, which is simply not what it should be. That is why you get the impression they see through bushes.

I never thought they could see through trees, but the question was asked so I linked the video. I believe people confuse the AIs use of radio communications about the enemy's position with x ray vision. I do however think that the communication and accuracy of it is a bit too perfect and quick between the AI units in the group.

No, but the video is worth a watch to see them being aggressive.

Are females confirmed?

It looks like some sort of dress to me......

toga party

There's a nice rocky mountain top with a big gap between rocks that the AI won't follow me through.  Position 133090.  Here's the problem:

Cool video about the AI, you can see the issue with the "bright" players, here, which is down to the RVMAT's I'd say, they need to tone down the Speculars and SMDI's.

I'd question the dust being kicked up by the AI , generally speaking Jungles and damp places, especially in the more dense parts, so the ground would be more or less constantly wet/damp. The ground textures are of damp, old leaves, so toning down the dust trails would be better.

• Like 5

My feedback, I love the map, the sound is great! I won't list everything I loved but the dust... THE DUST.. Behind your ATV, your car into the jungle. Too much dust for a map like this one. 

Plus, look at this http://i.imgur.com/NT8aqVD.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/BjBSOtm.jpg (edit: sorry for the resolution on this one, no idea what imgur is doing..)

You can land those thing on the trees xD

• Like 2

My feedback, I love the map, the sound is great! I won't list everything I loved but the dust... THE DUST.. Behind your ATV, your car into the jungle. Too much dust for a map like this one. 

http://i.imgur.com/BjBSOtm.jpg

Tactical entry confirmed.

• Like 1

BI, thank you for Tanoa, i have to admit you guys completely out shined every other piece of work you've ever done. Tanoa is truly a master piece, and ever so much, I feel like it can't be out matched by any other jungle map in any other game. It's going to be damned hard to create a map just as good, or better than this one in the future in that case, but good on ya. The environment is epic.

• Like 1

Saw these bad boys over the sky of Tanoa just a while ago. Haven't seen anything posted about them, also went to post on the Arma 3 tracker however that place is a cluster fuck haha

http://imgur.com/a/Q0EwI

• Like 1

http://i.imgur.com/BjBSOtm.jpg

That explain the lianas on trees - you use them for rappelling.

• Like 2

Foliage observation critiques:

ground_fern_size_problem.jpg

Indeed, one can not simply believe how huge ferns can grow there... But it is authentic and also it significantly helps the terrain performance. Less amount of larger shrubs, that can fill a scene, is better than hundred of thousands small ones.

qdFpOgd.jpg?1

• Like 23

I know people have been complaining about enterable buildings, but I think the added rooftop accessibility more than makes up for it. The real problem is that AI has no real way to access those rooftops. You'd have to manually place them on rooftops and then use a bunch of commands to lock them in place. It'd be nice if BIS could find a way to remedy this.

Getting some force quits and memory write exceptions on mp server last night, have a report will upload later. Probably PC specific but will upload for checking anyways (tried same mission and map locally and no crash).

Hi guys!

I did not find any post in this thread about it that so...

Devs told something about swimming of tracked vehicles? It is confirmed that it will be fixed in Apex DLC or it is already done in 1.60?

P.S. I'm really miss for AAV7 :wub:

Regards!

• Like 1